We really do need reinforcements

CaptainCourageous

Its not easy playing against 10 men behind the ball every week
Especially when you've got two central midfielders similar to each other who love to slow the play down, take an extra touch, keep it simple, turn back the way when in an advanced position. Zero creativity, ponderous and are just neat and tidy with very little urgency or authority.

No surprise the attacking four; Aribo, Kent, Hagi and Morelos were dropping far too deep as our central midfielders sat on the two CB's toes.

There is a time and a place for Davis, Kamara and Jack and Davis for that matter.

We talked about it all last season and it's been discussed over pre-season.

Four players required. A CM who's got a range of passing, the ability to lift and raise the tempo, spot an early pass, a bit of urgency, hit that pass, forward thinking.

Another attack minded outlet who can bring a bit of creativity. Someone who has the ability to play centrally and take up a wider position.

Two strikers. Simply a must. One and Defoe won't do. One preferably being a bit more versatile.

jweebear

I was nervy the last 15, but resisted posting "These Sheep fcukers are gonna score" was very tight last quarter. previous seasons we might have dropped a point, but saw a new maturity today. Hope that continues and not a one-off.

brain

I’d rather be realistic than kid myself on that some of the more worrying aspects of last season aren’t still there staring us right in the face. But I knew a few wouldn’t be too chuffed and would merely want a lot of “yaaaaaay, three points, on route to 55, let’s go” type posts as we’ve had previously.
I’m tired of it, it’s like Groundhog Day. Every time you post something “negative” after a game we’ve won you get hounded by some.

Speminalium8

Especially when you've got two central midfielders similar to each other who love to slow the play down, take an extra touch, keep it simple, turn back the way when in an advanced position. Zero creativity, ponderous and are just neat and tidy with very little urgency or authority.

No surprise the attacking four; Aribo, Kent, Hagi and Morelos were dropping far too deep as our central midfielders sat on the two CB's toes.

There is a time and a place for Davis, Kamara and Jack and Davis for that matter.

Four players required. A CM who's got a range of passing, the ability to lift and raise the tempo, spot an early pass, a bit of urgency, hit that pass, forward thinking.

Another attack minded outlet who can bring a bit of creativity. Someone who has the ability to play centrally and take up a wider position.

Two strikers. Simply a must. One and Defoe won't do. One preferably being a bit more versatile.
Agree with all that CC and been saying similar for a long time now. It was a fear of mine Today that we would play like that but luckily only the second half. High tempo high press works for us. Why did we sit off them in the second half ? I wonder if it was fitness.

HandsomeHead

Spot on.

It’s only one game, but we’re still crying out for that player - a Gerrard type really, or to make it more relevant to us, Barry Ferguson - who takes control of the middle of the park and drives us forward.

The hope is that Gerrard isn’t blind to this and we will address it before the end of the window, but we’re kidding ourselves on if we think a scrappy three points at Pittodrie makes everything in the garden rosey.

BigTinder86

For me we need a centre mid whose first thought is to pass the ball forward and can see the pass quick into our 3 forwards. Maybe another on loan who is also capable of this. Control and dictate the speed of the game. One of them also needs to be athletic and physical presence, a bit of nastiness.

A couple more forwards. One that can play centrally and outwide, bit of versatility.

Dotty_84

We'll be dominant in nearly every match, we'll be dictating the pace but I'd be intrigued to see if we'd be able to switch up from a 433 to a 4231 I game once we clearly see the game is in our favour. Aribo in a midfield 2 as he's fantastic at winning back balls and going straight to attacking. (sidenote, it was great seeing Aribo frustrated at not receiving a few balls) and having another player Zungu? Like minded who will both feed off each other.

Tony75tfc

If i was Rangers i would announce signings tomoz just as the rotten mob are about to kick off take the attention off them just for banter