We rely on teams coming out to play

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Which they feel zero obligation to do.

We have no creative ideas beyond hitting on break or lumping it randomly forward for Alfie to polish the turd.

People who believe the cup being won will be a lovely way to show we're really back might be disappointed.

Our system really hasnt changed since Warburton day 1, 6 months in teams had us sussed and we have struggled in games like this ever since - if we cant get the 1st goal, we cant force teams out which helps us get the second.
The fact we are on our 3rd manager and none of them have really found a workable plan b is a real worry as I would have hoped Gerrard would have learned this by now.

It's fascinating that all mangers have decided 433 is best for SPL and have no other ideas. I think lafferty was to be a target man but he's not at it at all basically.

Evident from the first round of fixtures.

Gerrard has pedalled the same line quite often that we have to find ways to play against teams yet we’ve yet to see any of these ways he talks of.

It’d be interesting to be a fly on the wall with regards to game plans.

With hindsight, building a counter-attacking team in Scotland, (which both Pedro and Steven Gerrard have tried to do), makes little sense in our position.

It works against a stronger Bheast team and perhaps for a couple of other tricky away games.

I don't watch them, but what is it they do? I refuse to believe that they just steam-roller teams because of a bigger budget, therefore better players.

With hindsight, building a counter-attacking team in Scotland, (which both Pedro and Steven Gerrard have tried to do), makes little sense in our position.

It works against a stronger Bheast team and perhaps for a couple of other tricky away games.

I don't watch them, but what is it they do? I refuse to believe that they just steam-roller teams because of a bigger budget, therefore better players.
They are much better with ball, and sharper. They also are better in the air.

It's no great secret

Everybody does it at Ibrox we don't move the ball quick enough. Constant passing across the back 4 allowing them to reset shape. Fucking infuriating

Indeed. Teams know that a strong shape will be enough as they will have time to get back if they are caught upfield.

Yet first 20 minutes they had more of the ball in our half and in second half had the better chances.

We simply lack a bit of quality and some of the team were not at the races.

Our inability to find players in space or make a killer pass is unbelievable
I’d love to know what our tatics are.

We are rangers in name but that's it, once in a blue moon we'll beat Celtic yet win nothing.
Our players are thick.
Last week, this week let's do needless fouls that staggers the game, suits them and kills game for us.
Lee Wallace was the last left back who would roam forward and link up with the winger, yet he doesn't get a look in.
Candeias shouldn't have seen Ibrox today after what performance he did last week and today his cRossington and shooting was beyond awful.

The diddy teams aim at the start of the season is to stay up.

They time waste and get behind the ball. We need to be able to deal with these teams.

We have no creative ideas beyond hitting on break or lumping it randomly forward for Alfie to polish the turd.

People who believe the cup being won will be a lovely way to show we're really back might be disappointed.

I fear games like today and next week's game more than I fear going to the likes of Easter Rd, Tynecastle and Pittodrie. We thrive on games like that with the crowd in our faces and, as you allude to, the opposition actually trying to beat us.

The unfortunate thing is that to win the title you have to win more of the former than you do the latter.

You can discuss the intricacies but it keeps coming back to a lack of quality in the attacking midfield positions.

The fans are seduced easily by those that offer a lot of effort, unfortunately huff and puff won't break down 10 men behind the ball.

There’s a Waburton-esque lack of flexibility

Our system really hasnt changed since Warburton day 1, 6 months in teams had us sussed and we have struggled in games like this ever since - if we cant get the 1st goal, we cant force teams out which helps us get the second.
The fact we are on our 3rd manager and none of them have really found a workable plan b is a real worry as I would have hoped Gerrard would have learned this by now.

You can go back further than Warburton mate.

This was an issue in the McCoist lower league days too where shite like Albion Rovers could come to Ibrox, park the bus and leave with a result.

They are much better with ball, and sharper. They also are better in the air.
To be fair to the scum they’ve got good attacking midfielders, McGregor can pick a pass as can Rogic and both of them can also score. Looking at our squad, we have not got somebody that can score from 20+ yards out and none of them are good at creating. Until that’s sorted then results like today will keep happening.

Still at least it's not quite as bad as the LSD football of Pedro Caixinha playing his patented 1-3-6 formation to draw 1-1 at home to Motherwell.

Couldn’t agree more, the tactics have been consistently archaic in these situations. We cannot retain the ball, work passing movements or move beyond the defence.

I’ve said it a hundred times, tactically we are all over the place and the lump up front due to Morelos quality has hid this well.

Morelos doesn’t play and we are horseshit every fucking time.

The mentally challengeds faced the exact same issues, and they put NINE past them in a fortnight - yet we're supposed to be the team that had 'the better window' ?!

If we can't beat teams of this calibre (one loss away from bottom six) at home, then we really shouldn't be surprised that the trophies continue to elude us.

The mentally challengeds faced the exact same issues, and they put NINE past them in a fortnight - yet we're supposed to be the team that had 'the better window' ?!

If we can't beat teams of this calibre (one loss away from bottom six) at home, then we really shouldn't be surprised that the trophies continue to elude us.

The league game celtic just played at perth v them was like our game today, and would likely have been a draw had the St J player not made a rip roaring arse of it.

Cup game was a different kettle of fish.

Sorry had to be done.

0AUqi86.gif

You put 10 men behind the ball and you have us completely nullified.
We need too try shots from further outas one on target you either score the keeper palms it out to Defoe or you get a corner as goalies very rarely hold on to shots in the modern game. We as a team are shocking the amount of shots we have considering who our management team are.

The no.10 connundrum wasn't solved in the January window despite being blatantly obvious it was what we needed. The wages wasted (IMO) on Davis and Defoe should have been used to sign a creative midfielder capable of breaking down teams happy to come and sit in. Would have been as well keeping Hardie than signing Defoe and Davis is no better than what we already have.

We need too try shots from further outas one on target you either score the keeper palms it out to Defoe or you get a corner as goalies very rarely hold on to shots in the modern game. We as a team are shocking the amount of shots we have considering who our management team are.

Watch MotD or any premier league game and there’s plenty of shooting from outside the box - lots of goals come from the edge of the box area.

We’re begging for someone to make a bit of space for themselves on the edge of the box and put their laces through it.

Kent is the closest one to ever trying it.

Watch MotD or any premier league game and there’s plenty of shooting from outside the box - lots of goals come from the edge of the box area.

We’re begging for someone to make a bit of space for themselves on the edge of the box and put their laces through it.

Kent is the closest one to ever trying it.
Tav used to but doesn’t do it now, Halliday is the only player who tries it when he can.

It's fascinating that all mangers have decided 433 is best for SPL and have no other ideas. I think lafferty was to be a target man but he's not at it at all basically.

I'd be even more worried than I am if our manager perceives Lafferty as a target man, despite being 9 feet tall he rarely wins a header and never outmuscles his opponent.
Clearly Morelos is on another planet to him but Lafferty should frankly be embarrassed that a guy a foot shorter than him can dominate SPFL defences when he can't even make a dent.

100% this... been saying this since day one of the season

The diddy teams aim at the start of the season is to stay up.

They time waste and get behind the ball. We need to be able to deal with these teams.
Oh they time wasting ok I thought their keeper was on valium bursting for a shite wouldn't have moved him

Back