We should have signed a target man striker

Cardendenger

When it clicks we can absolutely destroy teams with fast free flowing football but the last five games have been abysmal. Teams know how we play and just sit in and soak up the pressure.

That Cosgrove up front for the sheep is a big diddy but he's a physical pressance and wins his fair share of balls. Games like today would of been ideal to play balls up to target man and try and win knock downs in the box.

It's great to play good football but we play to win and it's not happening as we have no one to change the dynamic

We were impotent in midfield and the wide areas. I’m not sure why a target man to misplace passes to would have been the answer?

We were impotent in midfield and the wide areas. I’m not sure why a target man to misplace passes to would have been the answer?

Sometimes going into the last 10 mins of a game you need a physical pressance in the box to Hoff the ball into. All we seems to have is players that want to pick the ball up run at people and play world cup passes. Facing a wall of 11 men you need other options

Sometimes going into the last 10 mins of a game you need a physical pressance in the box to Hoff the ball into. All we seems to have is players that want to pick the ball up run at people and play world cup passes. Facing a wall of 11 men you need other options

For me, the solution is to shoot more from distance. Helps draw the defenders out. As it stands, we simply don’t do it enough, so teams know they can camp the box.

Convinced the management team have too much pride for that as stupid as it sounds. Would rather try and pass it in instead of putting a big lump up front when we have multiple players who can cross a ball really well

Convinced the management team have too much pride for that as stupid as it sounds. Would rather try and pass it in instead of putting a big lump up front when we have multiple players who can cross a ball really well
We’ve been lumping long balls up constantly the past few weeks.

For me, the solution is to shoot more from distance. Helps draw the defenders out. As it stands, we simply don’t do it enough, so teams know they can camp the box.

If means guys like Polster knocking it over to the ticket office we are finished.

Our number one priority in the January window should have been a striker and not the one we signed on loan from Hibs.

We sat on our hands till the very last minute and lost out on the Czech lad Vydra rather than trying to do something mid January like pretty much every team in the league did.

We’ve been lumping long balls up constantly the past few weeks.
To Defoe which was pretty useless and im talking more in the final third, there are times we do cross a lot though which makes even less sense that we dont sign a target man

Back