Wee Stat about Gerrard and OF games.

Astonishing to think how much of a relief it was to beat them when Jack scored the winner. In the game before that and every one since, barring one, I'd say we've not had a great deal to fear and been the better team. Yet somehow that game felt like us doing something we thought might never come again!

Christ it feels good to be back on top again.

Those 2 oldfirm games before Gerrard arrived were the fckn pits. I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel after those. Just shows what a remarkable job he's done.
Yep. I remember during one of them just lying on the couch feeling utterly depressed. Couldn’t even bring myself to look at the tv.

Oh how the tables have turned!

Astonishing to think how much of a relief it was to beat them when Jack scored the winner. In the game before that and every one since, barring one, I'd say we've not had a great deal to fear and been the better team. Yet somehow that game felt like us doing something we thought might never come again!

Christ it feels good to be back on top again.

Agreed. I was a bit worried about Sunday and actually said to my brother that the last time I was like that was the day Jacko scored.

In hindsight, I needn't have bothered. SG and the players have the measure of them completely. Even the likes of Keevins and moonhowlers phoning in were saying Celtic got a few chances but only because we didn't get out of second gear.

What a chance we have to create a massive gap next season. Hit the ground running again and that lot will fold.

I remember a few of them just watching the clock and not the game hoping they didn't reach 5 or more.

Walking up the road after the semi final loss and asking my old man when do you think this is ever gonna end and him saying sorry mate I honestly don’t know. Thank %^*& stevie g got on onboard and it’s now role reversal.

Agreed. I was a bit worried about Sunday and actually said to my brother that the last time I was like that was the day Jacko scored.

In hindsight, I needn't have bothered. SG and the players have the measure of them completely. Even the likes of Keevins and moonhowlers phoning in were saying Celtic got a few chances but only because we didn't get out of second gear.

What a chance we have to create a massive gap next season. Hit the ground running again and that lot will fold.
Yeah, it's imperative we get out recruitment right and get a win at Ibrox vs them at the end of August (what odds on the game being in its usual spot this year? I'm going very short).

I remember after O'Neill left that mob in 04/05 when we recruited all the guys from France thinking we'd really push on and make them pay for years. We contrived to make a right balls up of that and it was a while before we won the league again. The only reason I mention that is that it has been playing on my mind for a while now how we felt we'd really put them to bed for years that season and fucked it up. Keeping me cautious I guess, but if we get it right this time we should be able to put significant daylight between us.

The first game at the midden this year was surreal, and dare I say could possibly be described as boring :eek: after the break as we absolutely cruised to the final whistle in the second half, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so in control of an old firm game in my life, even in 5-1 wins. It is unreal the turnaround Gerrard has brought to this fixture.

Those 2 oldfirm games before Gerrard arrived were the fckn pits. I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel after those. Just shows what a remarkable job he's done.
Now THEY can’t see light at the end of the tunnel!! It’s brilliant lol

Those two games were among my very worst experiences. The 5-0 match still gives me the fear that could easily have been double figures as there was still over half an hour to go when fifth went in. I dont think i have ever seen such a shambolic performance ever - that was the pits, and like another poster said I could see nothing on the horizon to give me hope . From then to now is truly astonishing . God bless Stevie G

Those two games were among my very worst experiences. The 5-0 match still gives me the fear that could easily have been double figures as there was still over half an hour to go when fifth went in. I dont think i have ever seen such a shambolic performance ever - that was the pits, and like another poster said I could see nothing on the horizon to give me hope . From then to now is truly astonishing . God bless Stevie G

Barely missed an Old Firm game since 2002 to pre pandemic and that 5-0 is the worst one I've been at.

I remember leaving the piggery with my old man, wondering when things would ever change.

Can't believe how quickly it has.

Three points is always paramount but how I would love to take five or six off them.
We can be good enough for that to happen, and they can be bad enough. It just needs the stars to align on the day.

I remember being at the Louden for those games. Made me wanna pick up some of that broken glass and start chewing.

What a turnaround, it almost makes it all worth it. I love watching the Livingston highlights because you can hear the fans outside the ground.

Incredible stats over a truly representative time scale. Delivered against a team who have significantly out spent in player transfers, wages and clearly the best team in the country!

His old firm record is brilliant.
Even 2 of the defeats (cup final and morelos red card at the piggery) should never have been defeats.

Great stat.

I think this is why we haven't "hammered" them yet. Gerrard came in to a team that leaked goals against them so priority for us is not conceding. No point in going for 4 or 5 goals and risk being open at the back when you still get the 3 points/cup win regardless

I really hope we can take Five off them next week at Ibrox. They are due a skelping from us.
It’s a possibility, they still have that arrogant streak in their thinking, that they are the better side, and only poor finishing has stopped them from winning the last three OF games, they seriously believe this. On another note, it’s good to see they are turning on Brown, they are now demanding the return of Sorro, who has become the new saviour. :D

And three of those eight goals shouldnt have counted.

Never in a million years did I think we would be here a few years later leaving the piggery that day

In the two OF games prior to Gerrard taking over we conceded 9 goals.

In the 11 OF games under Gerrard we have conceded 8 goals.

All while being outspent by Celtic.
I like that one. Ranks alongside the one about the beggars scoring more goals for us than against us this season.

It's been a hard road. Those dark days took place because our Club were raped by guys intent on getting rid of us. Make no mistake, the green and grey anti-prod cabal were behind it, aiming to finish us all off. King and the musketeers saved our Club and tried to steady a sinking ship. Even so, it took some time to get ourselves sorted out. Meanwhile, the unfair games of a heavyweight against flyweight had to be endured. We shall NEVER forget. We shall never forgive. The joy of being back at number ONE makes these games nowadays even more of a wonderful experience. The hard road has turned to sunshine and hope for the future.

Back