We'll be through next week if...

When you look at who is likely to win the other groups, it definitely looks like winning ours gives a chance of a much easier draw.

We will qualify next week with a comfortable win against Liege.

Thread's purely about what needs to happen for us to qualify next week as there's been a bit of confusion - not helped by the arsehole Rob McLean getting it wrong repeatedly in commentary.

Also, anything can happen at this level, none of the games have been easy.

It's quite common for us to get off to a good start in the groups then tail off a wee bit. No guarantees here at all.

We should definitely be aware of this.
I am sure the players will be but the supporters still need to keep expectations in check.

Liege and Poznan are no mugs and these will still be tough games for us.
Don't like the idea of us getting carried away and dismissing these two as pub teams etc.

Liege will still fancy that they can beat us at Ibrox and then take their chances in the final match against Benfica.

The trip to Poland will be a tough one for sure.

Hate to see us getting carried away and basically dismissing other teams that are very capable of beating us. Then there's the inevitable meltdown when we don't manage it.

I am super confident and we are in a very, very good position but there's still 2 very difficult matches ahead of us. These are still 2 good teams that we are up against next.

We should definitely be aware of this.
I am sure the players will be but the supporters still need to keep expectations in check.

Liege and Poznan are no mugs and these will still be tough games for us.
Don't like the idea of us getting carried away and dismissing these two as pub teams etc.

Liege will still fancy that they can beat us at Ibrox and then take their chances in the final match against Benfica.

The trip to Poland will be a tough one for sure.

Hate to see us getting carried away and basically dismissing other teams that are very capable of beating us. Then there's the inevitable meltdown when we don't manage it.

I am super confident and we are in a very, very good position but there's still 2 very difficult matches ahead of us. These are still 2 good teams that we are up against next.
On the other hand you have to stay positive, its like the negative Nellys who say the filth are only 5 points behind, as it stands they are 11 behind.

Mathers8 7444472 said:
Put it this way it would take a monumental collapse of massive proportions for us to not qualify. We are 99.99999999999999999% through
Either you don't know much about football or you dont know much about maths (or maybe both)!

6 points wins us the group no matter what benfica do . That should be the aim but if we qualify on Thursday I’m curious whether gerrard makes changes against Poznań or whether he wants to win group

Should be aiming to win both games , we do need the money after all. Also keeps the run going and gets coefficient points

If benfica don’t lose either game we are definately through. The big worry would be if we lose next week as that would mean we would need a result in Poland as standard bearing benfica at home would have us out

a) we beat Liege

OR

b) we draw and Poznan DON'T beat Benfica in Lisbon

Just to clear up any confusion.
The fact that both Poznan and Liege have both got to play Benfica as well as ourselves makes it very difficult for either of them to qualify

Back