We'll probably get through on Wednesday night

guaranteed we pull this off against braga then pump the hearts then who knows? the season may come good yet, we have itn in us just need some consistency

For the past two seasons i have always felt more optimistic about the European games. We will take a battering over there but a score draw is not an unrealistic scenario given our European form.

I actually think we’ll miss out on Wednesday. As for Hearts, well I know what should happen given how shite they are, but I’m also not confident that’s what will happen.

Tbh though do you trust the management to build on it? Right now league wise I don't. We lack the grit and determination to beat these teams. We lack that winning mentality I don't think we can buy that.
Whilst i agree with what you say here's a question, do you think it's possible that match changing decisions almost continually going against us are effecting the motivation and morale of our players?, something has clearly changed in our players attitude/mentality, i know i feel we're up against motivated teams (fine) but refs definitely affect our games, it's demoralizing for us, maybe the players subconsciously.

When new signings, especially English ones, give their first interview to RTV, they all mention one thing - playing in Europe was a big draw card for them joining.
Our system is better suited to these games and the players are more up for it.

If our defence play even remotely like they have been doing we will take a heavy defeat in my opinion.

Let's be honest we probably won,t .we were rubbish for most of the Praga game as well.yes we got a win as we somehow managed to fight back for the last 30 odd minutes.

I think we will get a score draw - Braga likely won’t believe it after being the better team over both legs, but tough luck for them !!!

If Braga turn up we are in for a night of it. Be very difficult match for us, hopefully they have an off night and we play out our skin, thats only way i see us progressing.

If Braga turn up we are in for a night of it. Be very difficult match for us, hopefully they have an off night and we play out our skin, thats only way i see us progressing.

This. They’re an excellent team and I’d expect them to score at least twice v us. The good thing is they give up chances and I can see us scoring too. Reckon we might need 2 or 3 to get through.

I think we are being a little optimistic about Wednesday. That crazy 2nd half spell has a few believing that's how we play. We don't. We play like we played yesterday most of the time. Against a much better team, we could easily get pumped on current form.

We probably need to score 3 over there to go through.

Playing against Braga is better forbus ironically - they play football and they let you play football. The league is just 10 behind the ball, kick the shite of our us and lump it up the park.

I don’t think we will go through, Braga were shellshocked that last half hour but they were a really good side who caused us no end of problems, it will be close but I think they will have too much for us at home.

I think people are forgetting how good Braga were - cant see anything other than a convincing home win unfortunately

I can see us getting a draw. I know we're way off form right now, but a good football pitch and a one-off game? We have a chance. If we can replicate the performance from the Knew Camp then maybe some of us remember how good we can be.

Rangers to go through, in my opinion.

For the past two seasons i have always felt more optimistic about the European games. We will take a battering over there but a score draw is not an unrealistic scenario given our European form.

Dont think Braga are up to much defensively and they will be worried about collapse last week

Hate to say it but I honestly can’t see us getting a result over there. They were far better than us the other night and as much as we pulled it off in the end, those sort of turnarounds are very rare in the game.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we’d turned in a performance like Braga did away from home, we’d all be extremely confident of going through in the next leg.

Last edited:
If we can score 3 against Braga when we were absolutely rotten for 70 minutes then we can take goals off them over there.

It will be a tough shift. They looked a very good outfit. But they will come out at us, the question is can we sneak in the back door to hurt them? We need RK and Flo to be at the very top of their game. Depending how that goes we can then think about a dross Hearts team. Can we get a result in Braga? ........it’s a yes from me, but we need everyone to bring the A plus game.

I’ll be shocked if we get past Braga . They played us off the park for over an hour at our own stadium ffs .
Yeah but then we played them off the park for 30 mins. In that same period you speak of, we created 3 or 4 excellent chances on the counter.

Said it on another thread it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if we played a blinder to qualify against one of the form teams in Europe right now then go out and play dreadfully against a woeful Hearts relegation fodder side a few days later.

We'll either get pumped or we'll put in an outstanding performance that'll have us wondering why we cant do it domestically.

I'm praying we qualify because it's the only bit if excitement left this season.

I think we'll get a doing on Wednesday.Comebacks like last week are an exception not the norm.Hearts will be a battle but if we turn up there is no reason why we shouldn't beat them comfortably.

A early goal for Braga and our bottle will crash unfortunately our defence yesterday was dreadful I can't see the defence improving for Wednesday. We can only hope Braga have a off day to go through. Our coaching staff and captain can't motivate the players for the next 2 important games then we're in trouble.

Hope we do get into the next round more money into the club that will help buy better quality next season

Back