Well that kills the ‘why did Arfield get a new contact’ squad

Thank fcuk we don’t have to listen to them anymore, wonder who they’ll move onto now.
Well said op, the amount of times he has been a fantastic impact sub for us, someone like that is invaluable to any team, delighted he's still with us.

I wasn't sure why we gave him a new contract when we got Tillman and Lawrence but he's a good impact player. Delighted for him today

Still has plenty to offer, seems to be type you want in the squad for keeping people spirit up and for the kids to see what work ethic can do for you.

Obviously I'd be keen for Lowry to get opportunities but there's 16 players who can feature every game so game time is there to be earned

I didn't think he should have been offered a new deal.

Fair play to him today he done very well.

Arfeild is trustworthy. Same can’t be said about a lot of other players.

He produces.

There are far better players in the squad than Arfield that don’t produce match winning actions anywhere near as much as they should.

Awaits the “nearly a goal chance contribution” statisticians….. (ie I gave the baw to someone who gave the baw to someone else who created a half chance that was cleared by the opposition) :))

Posters on here have been writing Arfield off for years on here. Yet, even til this very day he is showing why he was kept on this year.

He will come up with several important goals throughout the season. It was an outstanding header that not many in the squad would come up with.

FF in hysterical over reaction shocker, who would have thought eh?

He isn’t going to be a starter most of the time but he is excellent as a squad player, as was shown today, and loads of times last season to,

As long as the salary wasn’t to high and I’m presuming it was, then it was an easy decision to make.

Cracking player for us, always has that ability to change the game when he comes off the bench, he will get his fair share of starts aswell, new contract fully deserved and it only took the first game of the season to show why.

Listening to Martindale's interview coming back on the bus.
Says he's still the biggest goal threat from midfield in the league.

He dreaded him coming on because of the threat he would bring.

Scotty is still a very important part of our squad and it probably won't be the last time he pops up with a game changing goal.

I've gotten weary of trying to shoot down this annual nonsense with logic.

This season I've just waited for Arfield to supply the answer as he always does.

Actually I was disappointed he wasn't on from the start as he has a fine record at Livi on that abomination of a surface.

Arfield is a proper bluenose who has scored numerous important goals like the one day. His movement in behind from midfield should be an inspiration to our younger midfielders and is the type of running we need on a regular basis from Lawrence.
He gives the shirt his all and has more than earned his extra year.
Scott Arfield I salute you!

Arfield has that quality you can’t be taught. How to time a run into the box ahead of the striker(s). It’s less about speed of feet, more of speed of thought.

I would think in FF easily every player has his percentage of critics. Remember Tav was whipping boy for so many. Most love the mental nature of this place and the ability to fly of the handle at every misplaced pass or every time we go a goal down- just like some like to tell you when your all wrong for doing so and Arfield is a world beater for scoring a header against Livingston.

Scotty is a reasonable option to have for little money but I would not get your mortgage on him being the answer to win us the league. Showed them how to do it today and fair play to him.

Don't think anyone doesn't rate airfield but we should have signed a younger version to play with lundstum

Don't think anyone doesn't rate airfield but we should have signed a younger version to play with lundstum

Not so sure mate.

We had the usual clueless lunatics claiming "his legs have gone."

They are the laughing stock of the FF forum.

He has done that type of run his whole career. When he was at Falkirk he popped up with goals, and even for Burnley v us. He has the knack. Worth a seat on the bus every week.

Back