We're complicit in our own abuse by financing it

It's up to some supporters if they want to FollowFollow, personally I only go to Ibrox Stadium to see the Famous, it's where I want my money to go to...........................
It would make sense to boycott the away games but again it's up to the individual?

No matter what FF says, we will continue to take the best away support everywhere.
There was a blog last week about us and it stated we had sold out our last 110 away allocations.
It's what a good chunk of us do, we Follow Follow!!

It’s interesting and difficult ar the same time. Our away support is immense and the Home support highly critical and results play this out. We are currently 2-2-2 at home and 5-1-0 away. Take away a great support and are we still 5-1-0?
Why, then, did we manage to hibs it at Hampden?

No matter what FF says, we will continue to take the best away support everywhere.
There was a blog last week about us and it stated we had sold out our last 110 away allocations.
It's what a good chunk of us do, we Follow Follow!!
We also Fund Fund.

Fantastic post and one that mirrors my view exactly.
The one thought that kept me going during the dark days was that of retribution. Making Ibrox a
Its not an excuse by the fans

Dave King actively asks us to go support the team

Absolutely baffling you would waste 30 minutes trying to appear to have a grasp on the situation typing all that.

All you had to do was watch RTV and witness Dave King implore fans to help the team away from home.
What did dave king do when hibs fans attacked the rangers support at the Scottish cup final.absolutely disgusting show of impotency from the boardroom.

Last edited:
Right so because some tartan toffs have a problem with Rangers players, I should stop following Rangers.

Gies peace.

Why don't u go to Scotland games and tell these wankers who boo our players to shut it instead of running away from the football?

You'll be surprised how many folk back u up.

I asked a question and in quoting me you didn’t answer. Do you think we’d have 16 out of 18 points away from home in the league with zero following? We have 8 out of 18 at home.

Yes.

The premise of your argument seems to be that the louder the Rangers support is the better the result. Am I understanding you correctly? If I am, can I suggest that you think this through some more.

Secondly I would offer the bare minimum number of tickets to visiting clubs to Ibrox, as is stipulated in the SPL t&c, and they would be the worst available, as is the norm for our travelling fans every other weekend.
This to me is the most important of GR7s points, all away fans should be put in the very end of the West Enclosure selling the tickets from the very end inwards, I actually think the current area for away fans in the Govan West corner is too good for people who despise our very existence & want our club dead.

Yes.

The premise of your argument seems to be that the louder the Rangers support is the better the result. Am I understanding you correctly? If I am, can I suggest that you think this through some more.
Luckily your view is not universally shared or we’d be mid table at best for years to come. This is nothing to do with the money but everything to do with supporting the club. Now we’re probably done on this we disagree, that is perfectly okay.

Aye mate, just %^*& all the big RSC's and let them go out of business.

I love away games and I love following the Club everywhere. My choice.

Your post gives the lie to the Rangers Family myth that featured in a recent thread. “I love”, “I love”, “My choice”. It’s not about The Rangers. It’s all about you.

We've been over this too many times since 2012.

We're too big a support to ever be united in our views and opinions, on pretty much anything.

Time to let this universal boycott thing go, it ain't happening.
Not happening? Are we just going to ignore the merchandise boycott and Ibrox being empty the first season in the championship?

Your post gives the lie to the Rangers Family myth that featured in a recent thread. “I love”, “I love”, “My choice”. It’s not about The Rangers. It’s all about you.

No bother mate. I'm sure the 100s of members of the same SC I'm in will agree and all the other supporters clubs throughout the country will agree with you.

I don't go to away matches but if people want to go and support the team away then leave them be. It's bad enough playing at home to a silent Ibrox nevermind having no fans to support the team at away matches.

No bother mate. I'm sure the 100s of members of the same SC I'm in will agree and all the other supporters clubs throughout the country will agree with you.

You and them fund people who tried to wipe our club from the Scottish football landscape. I’m sure that you all have great days out in following our team. But, at this time, you normalise a state of affairs where they seek to damage our club at every opportunity while treating you and all your SC pals like shit with impunity. You suck it up. You clearly enjoy it. But don’t try and sell it as supporting the best interests of our club. It isn’t.

You and them fund people who tried to wipe our club from the Scottish football landscape. I’m sure that you all have great days out in following our team. But, at this time, you normalise a state of affairs where they seek to damage our club at every opportunity while treating you and all your SC pals like shit with impunity. You suck it up. You clearly enjoy it. But don’t try and sell it as supporting the best interests of our club. It isn’t.

We are a football team, football teams have supporters. I am a football supporter and I enjoy going to football games so I go to the football games my football team plays in.

Best interests of the Club? Without the fans the Club wouldn't of ever been anything.

We are a football team, football teams have supporters. I am a football supporter and I enjoy going to football games so I go to the football games my football team plays in.

Best interests of the Club? Without the fans the Club wouldn't of ever been anything.

This reply demonstrates the depth of our incapacity to actually help our club by standing together to take on those whose life’s mission it is to cut The Rangers down. Multiplicity simply resorts to the me,me,me when defending his funding of the haters. Unable or unwilling to grasp the wider impact of his capitulation to those who want to destroy us.

Aye mate, just %^*& all the big RSC's and let them go out of business.

I love away games and I love following the Club everywhere. My choice.
Have a boycott by all means and if the members of the RSC's want to support their clubs they can do so by paying for their club in the same way that they would by stepping on the bus and attending the game.
So we dont buy a single ticket to support the other club financially but at the same time your SC still gets your money.
As for all this 12th man stuff, for almost all of the matches we fill their stadiums, it would be like a closed doors game and show up Scottish football up for what it is without us.

Most will be too drunk to notice

This reply demonstrates the depth of our incapacity to actually help our club by standing together to take on those whose life’s mission it is to cut The Rangers down. Multiplicity simply resorts to the me,me,me when defending his funding of the haters. Unable or unwilling to grasp the wider impact of his capitulation to those who want to destroy us.

I gave up my season ticket when Charles Green came in for a couple years until King took over bud. I know you think you sound really intelligent but what you fail to grasp is that at the end of the day mate it's a football team and I had a realization at one point, if I can't go to home games because of our owners and I can't go to away games because I'm meant to hate them more than I love Rangers, then what's the whole point of any of it? I say "I" a lot because I'm a Rangers supporter and have put thousands of pounds of my own money and I'm only 23 into supporting this Club and I'm proud to say I'm a fan and I'm proud to follow everywhere I can. I won't hide in my gaff and watch the games on the telly just to take some form of sad moral high ground and tell myself I've got the Clubs best interests at heart watching a low quality game with zero crowds whilst paying for a subscription that ends up going to the Clubs you're calling for a boycott against anyway. I think you're completely out of tune with the wider support frankly and we need more people at the games more than ever as we've lost a generation of supporters due to recent years.

I gave up my season ticket when Charles Green came in for a couple years until King took over bud. I know you think you sound really intelligent but what you fail to grasp is that at the end of the day mate it's a football team and I had a realization at one point, if I can't go to home games because of our owners and I can't go to away games because I'm meant to hate them more than I love Rangers, then what's the whole point of any of it? I say "I" a lot because I'm a Rangers supporter and have put thousands of pounds of my own money and I'm only 23 into supporting this Club and I'm proud to say I'm a fan and I'm proud to follow everywhere I can. I won't hide in my gaff and watch the games on the telly just to take some form of sad moral high ground and tell myself I've got the Clubs best interests at heart watching a low quality game with zero crowds whilst paying for a subscription that ends up going to the Clubs you're calling for a boycott against anyway. I think you're completely out of tune with the wider support frankly and we need more people at the games more than ever as we've lost a generation of supporters due to recent years.

I was going to ask you your age. You seem a little naive.

It’s more than a football team for me.

You say “some form of sad moral high ground.” I say, take a principled stand for the longer term benefit of our club.

We are not in control of TV revenue. We are in control of the away support revenue.

You should have seen our attendances in the 80’s

I think you are completely out of tune with the wider support. The funding of those who want to destroy our club is an indulgence you and some others engage in. Cut off the supply of money and watch them squeal.

If we stand together we will crush them. You will have lots of years attending away games when the haters understand that a substantial part of their income is in our gift. Get off your knees FFS.

I was going to ask you your age. You seem a little naive.

It’s more than a football team for me.

You say “some form of sad moral high ground.” I say, take a principled stand for the longer term benefit of our club.

We are not in control of TV revenue. We are in control of the away support revenue.

You should have seen our attendances in the 80’s

I think you are completely out of tune with the wider support. The funding of those who want to destroy our club is an indulgence you and some others engage in. Cut off the supply of money and watch them squeal.

If we stand together we will crush them. You will have lots of years attending away games when the haters understand that a substantial part of their income is in our gift. Get off your knees FFS.
Mate, this is bordering on the bizarre. It’s always good to set your standards and live by them, but they are your standards and to others they might disagree. You have rubbished every view that is not yours, challenged peoples age, naivety and told them to away and think again. Might I suggest you accept that some of us don’t agree and given the chairman seems to agree along with the vast majority of the support it’s maybe you that needs to go away and have a wee think.

God loves a trier, but only to a point.

The way you describe away games as a “jolly” I find offensive, I go to every away game I can because;

1. Having a loud away support like ours is what people talk about when they talk about a ‘12th’ man.

2. I actually get to support my team instead of listening to the everyone grunt and groan around me about how pish he is and shite he is when they have one off game.

As a lot of people on here will know followin Rangers to a lot of these away games has been anything but jolly, in fact it’s probably taken a few years off my life ! Wouldn’t changs it for the world. WATP

So hot on the heels of the continued abuse of Rangers players who turn out for the Scottish national team, is it time to say we're complicit in our own abuse?

Our fans travel the length and breadth of our country (yes it's still our country too despite the tartan army's desire) filling the ground and coffers of clubs and fans who quite clearly despise us and our club AND therein lies the crux of the issue.
We are partially funding our own abuse and until such time as that stops our abuse will only continue and increase.

Sadly, it is apparent the custodians of our club will not be making a stand any time soon so our fans must take the reigns and be united. Unfortunately that is where we fall at the first hurdle.
There are too many factions, vested interests and lack of genuine cohesion within our fans to use the obvious strength we have at our disposal.

The first, and most meaningful step we should be taking is to be taking no tickets for any domestic game outside of Ibrox and that includes finals and semi finals at the National Stadium.
We seen our players attacked, our fans provoked and it was downplayed, called lies and joked about because it was Rangers.

Imagine the scrutiny outside, impartial media would put our game under if the biggest club in the country took no tickets for a national cup final, semi final or the biggest derby game in the world. The questions it would raise, the platform it would offer our club to expose the true nature of abuse our fans suffer.
However we know this is hugely unlikely to happen, as the previous boycott of one of our cheif abusers proved.

There are various reasons/excuses used by our fans to prevent this from happening and the main ones rolled out are;
  • The players need our support away from home
  • I won't be dictated to and prevented from going to games
In reality the major factor is away days are a jolly and people don't want to miss out on them.

Every other weekend we hear tales of our fans being abused, attacked, treated like animals and all for following our team and whilst I understand their frustrations at how our fans are treated, I struggle to appreciate the complaints as it's become a form of self harm.

Other clubs now know our fans are a soft touch, they turn up in larger numbers than any other club, pay an inflated ticket prices and continually do it. These clubs know they can treat our fans as poorly as they like becasue we'll keep coming back.

Secondly I would offer the bare minimum number of tickets to visiting clubs to Ibrox, as is stipulated in the SPL t&c, and they would be the worst available, as is the norm for our travelling fans every other weekend.

Until such time as we stop financing our own abuse we really cannot be taken seriously.
We will forever be treated like some kind of pariah who won't stand up for itself.

As much as I agree with all your points I feel it’s important to keep your friends close but your enemies closer let them belittle us, attack us, scrutinise is but we are the people and we stick together and we follow the players and sing our hearts out. That’s what we do because we’re the best fans in the world.

Mate, this is bordering on the bizarre. It’s always good to set your standards and live by them, but they are your standards and to others they might disagree. You have rubbished every view that is not yours, challenged peoples age, naivety and told them to away and think again. Might I suggest you accept that some of us don’t agree and given the chairman seems to agree along with the vast majority of the support it’s maybe you that needs to go away and have a wee think.

God loves a trier, but only to a point.

DK at no time publically supported a boycott of Spivs Direct. However, the more successful the boycott was the stronger his hand became in ridding our club of SD. Now you don’t have to be an Oxford Don to work out that the same principle would apply in dealing with those who wanted us gone. Do you need to be told what to do? If so, then here it is.
Do not fund clubs who sought to destroy The Rangers. That Sir, is The Rangers standard.

As for the other post by MM4;
1. 12th man = pish
2. Do you go to away games to get away from The Rangers support at Ibrox.? Who mentioned bizarre?

What I find offensive is that Rangers supporters who supposedly love our club aid and abet the enemy by giving them millions of pounds on the completely fabricated notions that 1. They love our club and 2. The team need us or they won’t be able to do their job, when the inconvenient truth is that they like a beer fuelled away day.

Back in the day , i used to love the away days . Wouldn't give these clubs a penny nowadays . Lets put it this way , if " The Rangers " had indeed ceased to exist then Scottish Football would be currently lower than a snakes belly . Ibrox only for me these days . If bears want to donate money to our enemies then thats their privilige . Scottish football can go f##k itself .

I don't agree with the OP but I go to away games.

The answer isn't boycotts. We are an easy target at the moment and all other fans know that. The answer is simple. We need to get winning on the park, get more players in the national team and takeover the Scotland support.

DK at no time publically supported a boycott of Spivs Direct. However, the more successful the boycott was the stronger his hand became in ridding our club of SD. Now you don’t have to be an Oxford Don to work out that the same principle would apply in dealing with those who wanted us gone. Do you need to be told what to do? If so, then here it is.
Do not fund clubs who sought to destroy The Rangers. That Sir, is The Rangers standard.

1. 12th man = pish
2. Do you go to away games to get away from The Rangers support at Ibrox.? Who mentioned bizarre?

What I find offensive is that Rangers supporters who supposedly love our club aid and abet the enemy by giving them millions of pounds on the completely fabricated notions that 1. They love our club and 2. The team need us or they won’t be able to do their job, when the inconvenient truth is that they like a beer fuelled away day.
Well you’re the staunchest. Arise Sir Staunch.

Scotland fans booing one of our players surely not and some on here still go to support them enough said instead of boycotting the support of our team why can’t they boycott Scotland
How true Rangers supporters can stand amongst filth that abuse our players I will never know.

Each to their own on this issue . I fell out of love with our national side after 2012 . I have mates saying to me but it's your country etc . I even used to go and watch Annan Athletic now and again but I've never set foot inside another ground since 2012 . I will maybe take an interest in our national side when the rest of scottish football changes at the moment it's just Ibrox for me

1. 12th man = pish

You try and drive yer wee agenda aww ye like. It’s never gonny happen and instead of listening to other people opinions your just being argumentative.

Pish, I personally wouldn't go to away games but why should this generation of Bears not go, I loved away games back in the 90's, It's all about watching Rangers, not about financing other teams.

They survived 4 seasons without us.

I went to every Premier League / SPL / Cup away game that I was allocated a ticket / scavenged / T'd up going to away grounds on spec from the mid-late 80's 'til 2012. Days ne the 70/80 hou round trips on the bus to the back of beyond following Rangers in Europe etc.

For some Bears, The SPL's attempt to kill our club was a game changer, if you're happy to fund the very existence of the club's that kneecapped my club that's up to you, because as I'm sure you're aware that they depend on your money for their very survival.

Your tone is patronising and comes across as borderline childish. hopefully you are young , because if you are in your 30's / 40's or older I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, not because you " follow follow " but because you come across as somebody barely out of school.

Also why did you opt out of buying a s/t when Rangers were in the 4th / 3rd tier?

I personally will never attend an away game again in Scotland, my choice, but I hope those who went to Murrayfield get one of those restricted view seats in the new stand at Swinecastle that they helped pay for.

I was told yesterday that our away support at Murrayfield has paid for their lease of the stadium for the time that they need it. This is what 15-20k fans do for some of our clubs who go out their way to hate us...

For any boycott to be effective it would have to be club led.

A televised match would be best. A one off protest at refereeing standards for example. Or whatever the issue of the day is.

Last edited:
You try and drive yer wee agenda aww ye like. It’s never gonny happen and instead of listening to other people opinions your just being argumentative.

“It’s never gonny happen” is not a credit for The Rangers support. The boycotts of the Spivs in our boardroom and Spivs Direct made a telling contribution to where our club is today. My “wee agenda” is about us collectively standing up to those who harmed our club and will so again. They take comfort from the “it’s never gonny happen” when dolling out the shit to our club.

Some really good and diverse posts on here,but the sad harsh difficult decision to be made is these clubs that tried to destroy us would they survive without the Rangers away support
the answer must be yes but at a level similar level to a good junior team.
For me it was a simple decision a total boycott for one season and no one to ever to return to dundee untd. This would have sent out tbe right message,because the message at the moment hi they dont give a f--k about anything.

Right so because some tartan toffs have a problem with Rangers players, I should stop following Rangers.

If that's what you took from the original post I fear the lack of wider vision within our support will disable our club for decades to come.

“It’s never gonny happen” is not a credit for The Rangers support. The boycotts of the Spivs in our boardroom and Spivs Direct made a telling contribution to where our club is today. My “wee agenda” is about us collectively standing up to those who harmed our club and will so again. They take comfort from the “it’s never gonny happen” when dolling out the shit to our club.

As has been said previously on this thread, all those teams survived for the entire time when we were out of top flight football, so what do you thinks going to happen if we boycott ? Teams go bust ? We demolish half the league. Say that’s what happens then what next ? Who plays in the SPFL ?

If that's what you took from the original post I fear the lack of wider vision within our support will disable our club for decades to come.

I don't need another thread telling me why I should not follow Rangers.

I stopped after your first paragraph and that is what u took from that paragraph.

We have followed Rangers the length and breadth of the country since our beginnings and I don't think we have done all that badly.

So u do what u feel is right and I will support Rangers how I feel is right.

I will not condemn anyone for going to watch Rangers at any venue.
Just spare me the hypocrisy that they are doing it for the team's benefit.
They are going to watch the Rangers because they want to go and watch the Rangers.
Well obviously, isn't that the whole point of life? Doing things you enjoy.

Doesn't mean it doesn't benefit the team at the same time. The away support is incredible and often drives the team on.

This boycott can only cause more harm than good.

We are already seeing the bad side of the boycott of buying the strips in that the younger generations of Rangers fans were not getting their strips and looking to replicate their favourite Rangers players. Now scum and premiership barca/real strips are far more visible through the country.

That boycott was required but it will take some time to recover from it. If you had your way you would stop a generation of 18-25 year old going away and falling in love with the club in an entirely different way. All because some folk want to act like a scorned wife.

Back