Were we good today?

Solid enough performance against very poor opposition. Aribo and Fashion were standouts for me and Barisic was solid as a rock at LB. Another good performance from Bassey and although we should have scored more happy enough with the 3 points.

Didn't see the game today as had the wean. Were we any good?
Yes mate.

Defensively sound, controlled the game and moved the ball well.

Attack was very good, created great opportunities but we still have a bit to go with taking our chances (3 could have been at least 7) - that's being harsh as well as their keeper kept it respectable.

Yes and controlled the game at our tempo from start to finish, compare that to the other lot who where blowing out there arses’ after 60 minutes on Thursday.

Yes, we were good. Passing, movement, shooting was all generally very good. Concentration from the players was excellent and a very professional performance.

3 goals. Clean sheet. Massive amount of possession. Yup, I'd say it was good.

On way home. Buzzing after that. Great performance. Could’ve been 7 or 8. Aribo, Morelos and Sakala absolutely outstanding. Wright was great when he came on too. Griffiths given pelters as well. What more could you want?

We were decent, good comfortable performances all round and was only 3 cos their keeper played a blinder to be fair. Much better and feel we could've upped it if required.

We were very good today - Morelos should have scored 3, pleased to see him get 1 though.

Solid enough performance against very poor opposition. Aribo and Fashion were standouts for me and Barisic was solid as a rock at LB. Another good performance from Bassey and although we should have scored more happy enough with the 3 points.
We made them look poor, they were in decent form.

Despite the scoreline it was the most one sided performance of the season.

We should have won by an absolute barrowload.

Thought we were really good and the Dundee keeper had a good game. On another day or could have been 5 or 6 nil. Dundee are pi.sh though.

But for an inspired keeper it could have been 7/8. We played a lot of good football throughout the team. I would like to see them go down because of what they did season before last. They are now on par with their neighbours down the road.

Yip, all played well, missed a few good chances and their keeper had a few good saves. Good days work, futures bright I think.

It was a good, solid, front foot professional performance.
Dundee aren't up to much so we need to keep the heid however, in recent years, we've made very heavy weather against teams like that. Today we played our game the way we wanted to, not the the way the opponents forced us to play.

We played really well in parts, especially when we kept the tempo up.

Still need to be more clinical though. 25 shots only returning 3 goals isn't good enough. So many positives though!

I thought we played very well. We looked pretty sure at the back. Though Bassey had a good game. Going forward we created quite a bit and should have scored more than the 3. Their keeper had a good game and kept it from being 6 or 7. Does still feel like we don't move it forward quick enough and when it does get there we pass it around too much. All in all though very comfortable with a chance of players and subs getting minutes under management.

Though we were solid first half and good second half.
Could easily have been 6/7
Need to be more clinical (especially Morelos) in upcoming games at Tynecastle, Parkhead and Pittodrie when we won't have the number of goalscoring chances.

BTW today was the first I think I've ever seen Barisic hitting the ball by putting his laces through it. Usually loves a curler.

There keeper the score down, 4 really brilliant saves otherwise it was gonna be another Hamilton from last season.

Reminded me of the games we played under advocatt when gio was in the midfield and we were always in control and never in danger of dropping points.

Possession
Home73%Away27%
ShotsHome26Away5
Shots on TargetHome14Away2
CornersHome11Away4
FoulsHome9Away10

Completely comfortable and played some really good stuff. Thier keeper kept it from being 6 or 7.
But if you go into the early parts of the match thread it’s doomsday @Scarface said it was like pulling teeth. Overall a very good aggressive performance with some slack finishing

The Dundee keeper was timewasting from the 15th minute which is fucking ridiculous.
Yes we played well but it was just Dundee.

I feel we were a 7, absolutely not at our scintillating best but better than in many other games and we should have had another 3 goals with better finishing and a little more luck.

I felt we were slow to start again, not that we were ever in any danger but we didn’t really look like scoring in the first 20-25 mins.

We improved in the latter part of the first half and largely controlled the second.

Yes we played wonderfully. Lacking a bit for scoring otherwise it would have been a cricket score. But defensively the best I’ve seen all season

Yes very controlled. We need to be more clinical but I like how GVB is doing, he's calm and classy and the players are picking it up

Have to say
Really chuffed tonight
Didn't catch game, but by all the threads this game was close to rangers of last year...
4 games in, gio is working some magic

Didn't see the game today as had the wean. Were we any good?
The Dees' goalie, stout defending and slack finishing stopped it being eleventy nil with Dundee lucky to get nil.

Simple football, really. Tav and Borna told to be full-backs. In Borna's case it was like having a new defender. Alfie told to focus on playing in the box and seeing him play pinball with 3 defenders for our third was like scrolling back the years.

Kamara - who last season was an auxiliary LB in place of Borna - was given command of everything across the width of the park south of the halfway line and was his imperious best.

Aribo was just telt to do Aribo stuff and scored from the right then set up the second from the left.

Far from the finished article but we had a stronger shape today than we've had all season. Plus, and this is no small point, we played well in two halves. This IS a first for the season.

Back