West Brom 13/2 to beat Arsenal

Thornliebank_Bear

This seems insane and based on previous results between the sides.

WBA have made a great start in the championship play with plenty of speed and great movement look a bit of a cert to go up even this early, while Arsenal seem to be in for another tough season in EPL. Arteta under pressure im surprised hes still there and the change wasnt made over the summer.

Suppose a lot depends on team news i expected the home side to be around 3/1

That long throw is a superb tactic Arsenal wont be able to deal with it.

Only issue with that is you don’t know how many changes West Brom will make as it seems the Championship treat that competition with the same contempt as the PL sides.
46 League games playing 3 times a week, you'd have to think West Brom will play all their back up players

Only issue with that is you don’t know how many changes West Brom will make as it seems the Championship treat that competition with the same contempt as the PL sides.
Yep true i have no idea about the team news that might be the reason its so high, i still say WBA manager must be thinking a win over on the big names in England would be great for confidence and belief of the players, would expect a good crowd too.

Reactions: TQ3
46 League games playing 3 times a week, you'd have to think West Brom will play all their back up players
Such a shame that's what football has become.

We're in August. Arsenal are struggling and WBA are flying. You'd think the Baggies manager would see this as a big chance for a major scalp which can only give his team a huge boost.

There's the fans as well. If you're a West Brom fan, paying good money to go tonight, you want to think your team is going to bust a gut to beat Arsenal. If it's just going to be a reserve game, why bother?

They'd be as well scrapping the League Cup if teams aren't going to take it seriously.

Wouldn’t touch the Carabao Cup with a barge pole myself, at least not until seeing the lineups.

Arsenal will be guaranteed to play a reserve side as they usually do in that cup, but no idea if West Brom will follow suit. Agree it’s a decent shout if it’s a strong WBA team but really depends on how seriously they want to take it.

Such a shame that's what football has become.

We're in August. Arsenal are struggling and WBA are flying. You'd think the Baggies manager would see this as a big chance for a major scalp which can only give his team a huge boost.

There's the fans as well. If you're a West Brom fan, paying good money to go tonight, you want to think your team is going to bust a gut to beat Arsenal. If it's just going to be a reserve game, why bother?

They'd be as well scrapping the League Cup if teams aren't going to take it seriously.

its about time all nations did
1 league structure
1 cup competition, no seeding from 1st rounds proper, ties end on that day

then you could implement a midweek European league system based on champions & merit, revive the CWC for cup winners/runners up & the UEFA back to a cup with bigger teams back in it

It would seem like madness to bet on Arsenal at the moment, however while theyve lost to Brentford and Chelsea there were mitigating circs. Thats not to say Arsenal are actually wonderful because clearly they are not and at best will be fighting for 6th-8th position.

However WBA are not even close to Arsenal's level and even with changes they are massive underdogs. In fact given the importance of not losing Im not sure how many changes Arteta will actually make, certainly not your standard randomizing the board you see in the League Cup.

So actually the better bet is on Arsenal who are 8/15 to qualify from the tie which seems good, theres also various specials on them scoring X goals and such like.

Lets be honest, WBA are not much use so Id expect an Arsenal win with a couple of goals then onto the weekend and a heavy loss to Manchester City.

It would seem like madness to bet on Arsenal at the moment, however while theyve lost to Brentford and Chelsea there were mitigating circs. Thats not to say Arsenal are actually wonderful because clearly they are not and at best will be fighting for 6th-8th position.

However WBA are not even close to Arsenal's level and even with changes they are massive underdogs. In fact given the importance of not losing Im not sure how many changes Arteta will actually make, certainly not your standard randomizing the board you see in the League Cup.

So actually the better bet is on Arsenal who are 8/15 to qualify from the tie which seems good, theres also various specials on them scoring X goals and such like.

Lets be honest, WBA are not much use so Id expect an Arsenal win with a couple of goals then onto the weekend and a heavy loss to Manchester City.
Surely they can't be 8/15 to qualify now?

Aye so not now.
"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"

If youre not fast, youre last or at least miss out on top odds B-)

Arsenal's main problem is that they've came into the season with important players injured then had a fair amount of call offs because of Covid. They don't have the first team of a Chelsea or a City, & they certainly don't have the squad depth. They won't feel like their season starts properly until after the international break when all these players will return.

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"

If youre not fast, youre last or at least miss out on top odds B-)
Wouldn't back it at 4/6 right now to be honest!

Arsenal ain't that bad....they pumped us silly.
They will soon start winning. Too many good players.

Arsenal's main problem is that they've came into the season with important players injured then had a fair amount of call offs because of Covid. They don't have the first team of a Chelsea or a City, & they certainly don't have the squad depth. They won't feel like their season starts properly until after the international break when all these players will return.
Arsenal haven't been as bad as people are saying. In the Chelsea game they had a good second half. I think Arteta is the problem, he's not playing to their strengths, the youths have pace and yet Arteta has them playing a languid style.

Arsenal haven't been as bad as people are saying. In the Chelsea game they had a good second half. I think Arteta is the problem, he's not playing to their strengths, the youths have pace and yet Arteta has them playing a languid style.

You make plans going into a season, hope to have a good pre season, have your main players fit, & then half of them pick up injuries, & another few get Covid, it's certainly not ideal prep. From the team that started vs Chelsea, you could add Bellerin, Gabriel, White, Partey, Odegaard, Lacazette, & Aubameyang. Still not as good as Chelsea but you'd expect them to have been more competitive at least.

Think Arteta will be judged in the 6 games after the international break, the have Norwich, Burnley, Spurs, Brighton, Palace & Villa. If he struggles in them he'll be out.

You make plans going into a season, hope to have a good pre season, have your main players fit, & then half of them pick up injuries, & another few get Covid, it's certainly not ideal prep. From the team that started vs Chelsea, you could add Bellerin, Gabriel, White, Partey, Odegaard, Lacazette, & Aubameyang. Still not as good as Chelsea but you'd expect them to have been more competitive at least.

Think Arteta will be judged in the 6 games after the international break, the have Norwich, Burnley, Spurs, Brighton, Palace & Villa. If he struggles in them he'll be out.
I thought they were competitive against Chelsea in the second half where Arteta pushed the team forward and pressed. First half they sat off Chelsea. I was under the impression Lacazette and Bellerin were up for sale.

I thought they were competitive against Chelsea in the second half where Arteta pushed the team forward and pressed. First half they sat off Chelsea. I was under the impression Lacazette and Bellerin were up for sale.

Yeah, Lacazette has a year left so thing they are open to a sale as he's on a big wage, Bellerin wants out but Arsenal want a sale while he only had loan options. Unfortunately for them, like a lot of clubs, they are struggling to get players out the door. Kolasinac looks like joining Fenerbache this week on a free, Willian perhaps Corinthians on a free, Torriera joining Fiorentina on a loan with option to buy. However, most will say spending £75M on White & Ramsdale isn't a good use of resources.

Palmer, Shotton, Kipre, Taylor, Ingram, Snodgrass, Castro, Reach, Fellowes, Zohore, Tulloch

Ramsdale, Tavares, Chambers, Holding, Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Pepe, Odegaard, Saka, Aubameyang

Took them at 12/1 15 mins before k.o....jumped in the car put Talksport on then heard WBA had 6 debutant, should've known better I suppose when I saw the price.

Got arsenal and over 2.5 goals trebled with Southampton and salzburg. A goal in the salzburg game all that's needed

Back