West Brom Have A Go At Lennon Over Burke

Dont think poor wee Lenny will reach xmas in his new job. Absolutely baffling yet funny as feck they appointed him!

There was a story on here about the Lurgan bigot having words with McGregor at half-time in the Old Firm game - anyone remember what was meant to have happened?

allegedly, TLB tore strips off them at half time, then, during a bit of a pregnant silence, somebody said, 'Brendan never shouted at us.'.:)) That somebody is rumoured to have been McGregor.

I can't believe it myself, but if it was true.:)):)):))

FBS

FOLLOWING comments by West Bromwich Albion regarding Oliver Burke’s loan spell with Celtic in the second half of last season, the club has issued a statement.
‘These comments, which question the professionalism of both Neil and Celtic Football Club, are ridiculous and completely inaccurate. West Brom have made no contact whatsoever with either Neil or the club in relation to Oliver.
‘As with every player who comes to Celtic, Oliver received the very best of treatment and every support and opportunity. We wish Oliver the very best for the future.’

I've got a hunch that Lennon won't last the season. I think that something like the Dempster situation will happen again.
As long as he lasts until about February with the league heading our way before the inevitable meltdown.

Not went through the whole thread but is there any rumours or confirmation what they were unhappy about in particular(apart from the fact they have wasted millions on buying him in the first place and are stuck with him!)

FOLLOWING comments by West Bromwich Albion regarding Oliver Burke’s loan spell with Celtic in the second half of last season, the club has issued a statement.
‘These comments, which question the professionalism of both Neil and Celtic Football Club, are ridiculous and completely inaccurate. West Brom have made no contact whatsoever with either Neil or the club in relation to Oliver.
‘As with every player who comes to Celtic, Oliver received the very best of treatment and every support and opportunity. We wish Oliver the very best for the future.’

They do understand that Burke was at the club for several months? He was in contact with them every day. He didn’t much like it apparently.

Why the hell would they contact you now? To hope you say, “Sorry; Neil Lennon is a complete tosser. We’re not sure why we keep employing him” and make everything better?

You fucked up. Now you deal with the response.

Liverpool no longer work with them because of Gerrard.

Chelsea no longer work with them after how they treated Musonda.

Borussia Dortmund angered over the treatment of Toljan.

PSG angered over the treatment of Weah as was the player himself.

Now West Brom...

The mentally challengeds sure know how to burn bridges
But they've got speshul relashunships with every team in the world. Everyone loves ra poops, except they bigots

What it shows is Lennons total disconnect from modern day football. Fair enough he may have came in and not fancied Burkes application or ability, but this statement from WBA is scathing which would indicate he has been downright nasty to the boy.

Lennon has well documented mental health issues and a questionable relationship with alcohol. His mood swings are a recipe for disaster within the confines of a modern day football environment.

He's already ripped up Rodgers' sport science approach and went back to the 'boot room' mentality. If the current crop don't buy into his methods and things start going south all it takes is for him to have a particularly bad hangover one training session and sparks can fly. It really is not as far fetched as that sounds by the way. He has previous, and loads we probably don't know about.

This is a guy who still thinks it's acceptable as manager of Celtic FC to prop up a bar 3-4 nights a week sinking pints. We all know that club lack class in all sorts of ways but they are of a stature that demands utmost professionalism from the most important person at the club.

What they're getting is the exact opposite. There's a reason more Rangers supporters were happier than theirs the night they won a treble, unbelievable fuckwittery on their part and it's playing out in front of us.

That statement says: "We want this to go away".

"They are good at making statements. We are above all that."
- Neil Lennon has dig at Rangers

WellgroomedIncomparableChevrotain-size_restricted.gif

What actually happened?

As another poster said they seem to be totally imploding. Long may it continue

I get it that I'm an outsider looking in and that I'm less aware of lennon's (ahem) attributes and talents than the celtic board but surely a blind man could see that he shouldn't have been given the nod full time. I can't understand their thinking and I bet they're regretting it already. I didn't need burke or west brom to tell me what lennon's like and I don't even know him, do players not speak to one another nowadays? Any potential signing should be asking what he's like, there's always someone you can ask and I'll bet the references aren't glowing. Players like burke are going where pushed by their agents rather than doing the research themselves and are suffering. Fuds.

It is all going to blow up and I cannot fucking wait.

According to Scott Bain, and I spoke to him so first hand, the majority of players don't have any respect for Lennon and don't enjoy his training at all, the first couple of weeks everything was ok but it soon became apparent Lennon was out of his depth.

I give it until December.

Lennon is a dinosaur. He goes nuclear too early and the players wont like that. BR had the beggars as a professional football outfit. He has ripped up the backroom staff. They could go backwards.

We need to win all our games up to (and including) the game against them. He does not thrive under pressure, we must get our 'boot' on their 'throats' and never lift it all season. We can do this!

But they got a photoshoot of him in a suit weeks ago and they've been using the pictures ever since to show just how respectable a man he is. :oops:

That's what West Brom are saying ,Lennon kept changing Burke's position and what was required of him ,he wasn't allowed to settle into the team,and that was when he was picked. Let's face it man management and Neil Lennon just don't go together

BR had the beggars as a professional football outfit. He has ripped up the backroom staff. They could go backwards.

I think this is the main point that often appears missing when discussing what is happening over there. We’re not just happy that it’s Lennon over another more successful coach, it is that their entire footballing infrastructure appears to be crumbling.

We know full well how hard it can be to re-establish it when that happens. So, whilst we’re not overriding favourites for next year, nor do we have any guarantees for success, they will not continue their footballing growth at the pace established in our absence. The playing field is well and truly level again.

There was big expectation when Oli came here. Naturally you’re going to get that when people pay that amount of money for you, but I don’t believe he really got the best chance to perform here.

"One minute he’s told he’s a right winger, next minute he’s a centre-forward, then he couldn’t do that because he's told he couldn’t play with his back to goal.

"He’s had mixed messages and that’s why we thought going up to work with Brendan would be a good period for him to come back a better player and to improve on his game.

"But unfortunately that wasn’t to be.The Message from Mr mixed message man himself Mr Neil Lennon

Lennon was a classless, undisciplined player. What makes people think that him occasionally wearing an ill-fitting suit and tie would make him a professional manager?

That's quite a revelation mate. I assume you must be quite close to Bain for him to give you that kind of honesty.

I was doing cartwheels when they gave him the job for this very reason, those players will have been used to Rodgers, who like it or not is a highly talented coach and would have been doing everything at the absolute top level. The difference to this wee fud will be night and day, and when the players have him sussed (already have by the sound of it) it rarely ends well.

This really could be our year.

Na not close to him at all, probably won't see him again hence I am happy to say it here, I was surprised how open he was.

Just said the training methods are so far removed from Rodgers, players used to enjoy going in for Rodgers sessions and not so much now, way he speaks to some of the players while trying to be best pals with others, ignoring certain players while trying to be one of the boys with others.His whole attitude is one of anger, whereas Rodgers was calm and spoke to the players like men instead of roaring at them like wee boys.

I got a distinct impression it will be lights out early for Lennon, he won't even get a new manager bounce and the players won't fight for him.

It isn't a coincidence the foreign boys are the first to want away.

Phil Neville declared that Cameroon ladies were ‘completely in the image of their manager’

Applies here too

The guy is a bully and it's a recurring theme with Lennon which each club he's been too. He was singling Burke out in his rants and getting him to clean the 1st team boots from what I was told.

The same was happening at hibs with Kamberi, but he finally stood up for himself and spat in Lennon's face, which lead to the office incident with Dempster and eventually his sacking.
He is no bully he is a shit bag who only shouts when there are people between him and who he is shouting at.

I was hoping that lad would be there for another season because he looks garbage to me.....and he seems to lack a wee bit of heart and passion.

Back