What’s going on with Auchinleck talbot?

Played well -v- 'lie for 65mins at Beechwood 2 weeks back. Lost concentration and it ended 2-2. Unheard of.
Tucker looked perplexed.
Hope he turns it around.

Lots of regulations for the ground,floodlights etc......I know Kilbirnie are struggling big time with finances and ongoing squabbles with committee and young team which is damaging income

Talbot always seemed to come across as being quite anti pyramid. Other teams embraced it but they seemed content to be top dog in the West League and winning the Junior Cup with no desire to progress beyond that, and perhaps that is starting to catch up with them.

The manager has been there years, sometimes it just needs a freshen up every now and then. Also lost players to other clubs at the same level who are willing to pay them a bit more.

Still on the bright side for them their fixture list will be a bit kinder in the second half of the season now they are out of a few cups

Lots of regulations for the ground,floodlights etc......I know Kilbirnie are struggling big time with finances and ongoing squabbles with committee and young team which is damaging income

I thought the young team stood up on that hill outside the ground?

Not been since 2010.

Is there not a problem with their ground, in that no one knows who actually owns it so improvements can’t be made.

Is there not a problem with their ground, in that no one knows who actually owns it so improvements can’t be made.
I am sure that is Beith with the floodlights so they can't be licensed and can't be promoted and look favourites to win the League again!

Kilbirnie are in a poor state due to young team deserting them and have a very poor relationship between fans & committee who always seem to be at loggerheads.

Talbot's scouting seems very lazy & lacklustre in the last 2-3 years plus their wage budget is probably half of Pollok and Clydebank's nevermind Darvel. Must have bought at least 6 Meadow players in 2 years which is just lazy from Tucker as he would always be finding great players from lower leagues and different teams or players dropping down from SPFL not just picking up players from the Medda. Talbot still have the quality to stay up but will need to start winning soon. I feel Tucker should do the decent thing & resign if fail to beat Meadow next week as need a change and Talbot committee are scared to sack him.

Last edited:
Talbot always seemed to come across as being quite anti pyramid. Other teams embraced it but they seemed content to be top dog in the West League and winning the Junior Cup with no desire to progress beyond that, and perhaps that is starting to catch up with them.

The manager has been there years, sometimes it just needs a freshen up every now and then. Also lost players to other clubs at the same level who are willing to pay them a bit more.

Still on the bright side for them their fixture list will be a bit kinder in the second half of the season now they are out of a few cups
Talbot committee and fans would have rather have stayed Junior and have never embraced the pyramid so are going backwards compared to Pollok, Clydebank and others who want to progress to the Lowland League and beyond. Plus other teams are spending more money than Talbot now even a team called St Cadocs outbid Talbot for players over the summer.

@colin will give us the lowdown
I wish I knew.

Refusing to spend money may be prudent but means we cannot tempt the better players to Auchinleck. I pay onto the fundraising club. It had over £40000 in it. That could’ve bought two or maybe 3 players and paid wages for a wee while. The wages of players who left could have made up any shortfall.

Posted on the juniors thread about ageing squad that should’ve been freshened up by a player or two a season. Didn’t happen and we are suffering now because of it.

One of the best goalies in the grade went to Darvel. Lost and experienced striker tk Darvel. Lost our right back to America to study. Bought a left back who broke his shoulder and elbow in a pre season friendly. One of our most naturally gifted players was told he had to prove his fitness to get a new contract. He went to Troon. Lost our top scorer to East Kilbride.

Brought in a goalie on loan from killie who was a disaster at both Beith and glenafton last season.

So we are starting most games with 7 new signings. With only maybe 2 who are any good. One of the strikers only signed halfway through last season so he’d relatively new. Captain went to right back from midfield and did his ACL and mcl in by twisting his knee at Troon with nobody near him. Our favoured cb partnership is mcpherson and McCracken. McCracken is out injured.

So we haven’t replaced like for like. Haven’t replaced strikers. Not really any experienced players helping the young guys out. Saw that v Arthurlie - up 2-0 and “comfortable”, goalie gives away a stupid penalty and rhe arses collapse. Could easily have lost that game.

Unsure if the players just aren’t listening to the management or if the instructions aren’t clear enough. Probably the players just aren’t good enough.

If we don’t bear medda on Saturday then I honestly think we will go down. Can’t hope to avoid relegation on the basis of 3 other teams being more shit than us.

No team is too big to go down. Ask the fans of other teams who have gone down and seem quite happy to put the boot into talbot at the moment.

I wish I knew.

Refusing to spend money may be prudent but means we cannot tempt the better players to Auchinleck. I pay onto the fundraising club. It had over £40000 in it. That could’ve bought two or maybe 3 players and paid wages for a wee while. The wages of players who left could have made up any shortfall.

Posted on the juniors thread about ageing squad that should’ve been freshened up by a player or two a season. Didn’t happen and we are suffering now because of it.

One of the best goalies in the grade went to Darvel. Lost and experienced striker tk Darvel. Lost our right back to America to study. Bought a left back who broke his shoulder and elbow in a pre season friendly. One of our most naturally gifted players was told he had to prove his fitness to get a new contract. He went to Troon. Lost our top scorer to East Kilbride.

Brought in a goalie on loan from killie who was a disaster at both Beith and glenafton last season.

So we are starting most games with 7 new signings. With only maybe 2 who are any good. One of the strikers only signed halfway through last season so he’d relatively new. Captain went to right back from midfield and did his ACL and mcl in by twisting his knee at Troon with nobody near him. Our favoured cb partnership is mcpherson and McCracken. McCracken is out injured.

So we haven’t replaced like for like. Haven’t replaced strikers. Not really any experienced players helping the young guys out. Saw that v Arthurlie - up 2-0 and “comfortable”, goalie gives away a stupid penalty and rhe arses collapse. Could easily have lost that game.

Unsure if the players just aren’t listening to the management or if the instructions aren’t clear enough. Probably the players just aren’t good enough.

If we don’t bear medda on Saturday then I honestly think we will go down. Can’t hope to avoid relegation on the basis of 3 other teams being more shit than us.

No team is too big to go down. Ask the fans of other teams who have gone down and seem quite happy to put the boot into talbot at the moment.
In other words you are shite at the moment.B-D

Kilbirnie are sleep walking down the divisions, the choice of managers over the last 10yrs or so has been rank with the latest choice not any better.

Happy days....
OMusBoe.gif

Kilbirnie are sleep walking down the divisions, the choice of managers over the last 10yrs or so has been rank with the latest choice not any better.
Kilbirnie will finish above Whitletts and Cambuslang Rangers but need to improve to get above Renfrew / Thorniewood. Must be tonight for Kilbirnie fans with Beith top and them in relegation zone in division below. Surely you need some fresh faces on the committee and fresh money & ideas.
I think not taking part in COVID part season and letting full squad move on was a massive mistake for Kilbirnie and never been able to get in the same quality of players.

Happens to everyone at some point not keeping up with the conditions. Sleepwalked into this situation with very very poor recruitment especially that Keeper. Looked alright but a very young squad 1st game of the season.

Probably karma from supporters being arrogant and poorly behaved when visiting anywhere in civilisation. Thankfully we got that out the way early and that cup loss yesterday was hilariously bad. Keep the laughs coming.

I don’t know whether to be shocked or to laugh, that is genuinely still game level stuff. Reminds me of when the YT attacked Tam and Winston at the golf course. We really produce some bright young gentlemen in this country don’t we?
I am led to believe a couple of the ringleaders are not daft wee laddies but career maniacs.

Had they come up Clubs were facing stewarding and segregation costs for their visits.

Watched the SC highlights v St. Andrews Utd. Talbot should’ve won.

Big game at Beechwood on Saturday v Medda.

P.S. Glad to see a good bluenose in Murdie get the gig at Townhead Park.

Have they got any new sponsor or money rolling in this year to sign better players?
Nope. The players that we did sign started to gel and we’ve gone on a bit of a run. Hadn’t conceded many until Saturday when we shipped 3 goals in game for only the second time this season (I think).

Back