What’s your favourite goal by a Rangers player

For sheer emotion and not necessarily quality, it would be Nacho’s penalty in Florence. The feeling at that moment was indescribable. I could barely even speak I was so overcome with emotion and pride.

Mark Hateley’s header against Hearts opening day 93/94, we won 2-1 with David Hagen (RIP) opening the scoring.

The loudest, most powerful header I’ve seen in person before or since. The man must have been terrifying to play against. A powerhouse.

I'll go for an early one in my lifetime and a later one.
Colin Stein rattling one in v Moscow Dynamo for its importance.
Lundstram's goal at Dortmund. Fantastic play by Kent and Lunny. The Dortmund fans stood up and applauded. We beat a top team there.

Alfie Conn last minute winner against them.

As a 6 year old , first time in centenary stand, first tine I’d seen us play them, first time I’d seen a big away support and we win it right at the death.

This will never be forgotten by me.

Thanks da.

For what it meant and led to I'd probably go for Novo's penalty in Florence.

If based on the ten seconds or so after the goal I'd go Aribo in Seville. I've never known a feeling like that, it was like an out of body experience.
I’d sorta have to agree with Aribo’s. Aye, we didn’t win it and all that. But it’s definitely the most momentus one I’ve seen in person (wasn’t at Leipzig home game or, in Florence etc).

The feeling of being in that stadium on the night and seeing us go 1-0 up in a European final is very hard to describe. Like you said, it was like no other goal or feeling associated with your team scoring. The dream was very much on at that point and stonger than at any other time. And then the heartache of course . . . from being absolutely top of the world for a short time. Not sure many of us will ever get over it.

Honourable mention for big John’s in Dortmund just for the absolutely mental factor. Having seen us beat Lyon 3-0 in France around 15 years before, going 3-0 up in Dortmund felt like we were announcing our arrival again, against a top-level opponent. Everyone was just looking at each other in absolute shock. And it was a cracking strike too!

Hateley's first against Dolly in the league title decider for me. The build up to that game was horrific. Souness has done a bunk, scraped past St Boo then get thumped by Motherwell. When that goal went in the noise, celebrating etc etc etc was more of a release of tension than anything else.

I can't split these two:

Big Tam's 6" piledriver 1973 Cup Final
Colin Stein Easter Road 1975

Both meant so much to a young me (formative in fact).
These are 2nd and 3rd to Bobby Russell in Eindhoven for me.

Edu’s screamer from 2 yards against them virtually winning us the league.
As the ball bounced and ricocheted around the goal area I knew it would end up in the back of the net. It was almost in slow motion for me.

Lundstram vs Leipzig

I think from the Dortmund game to the EL final, life peaked. :D
I reckon this above everything else, even goals v the Yahoos pale into insignificance as this was at a far superior footballing level than that mob would ever dream of getting close to.

Ally's overhead kick against Hibs in the league cup final.

A less obvious one is a half volley he scored against Aberdeen. Left foot from the right side of the box into the far top corner. Think he did the robot celebration after it. Would have been early 90s and I think it was a midweek game.

This would change every week but this week it would be DJs in the 1970 LCF.
I started going to games around 1967 and this was the first time I had seen us win anything.

There's too many to choose from for me, and I'm shite at deciding. One that will get a mention though is the maurice edu goal to seal it against them. Not the quality of the goal but the occasion was hilarious. I was watching it in a bheasts house and as soon as it went in the c#nt went mental, kicked the TV down the back of the unit and told everyone to leave. Could still hear him smashing the house up from outside.

Back