Clement

Clement has shown signs he’s a capable manager. He deserves time and a transfer window. I do have concerns though.

His midfield selection today was bonkers. His substitution at half team was equally as bizarre.
No arguments there, his subs have been weird but for example I saw people wanting him to throw on McCausland today or get him in the starting line up. Turns out he's also not very good.

I do get the concerns but I'd be more inclined to give Clement the chance to gut this squad than to trust this squad with a new manager

The move for Sterling into centre half worked, in my opinion.

Maybe Yilmaz and Raskin could have played more, I have no idea on their respective fitness levels that way.

I'd have taken Dessers off too, but in fairness, whilst neither are great finishers, Dessers is the one more likely to score of the two.

Lundstram's absolute stupidity, on top of a first half performance where tracking runners seemed to be beyond him, cost us more than anything else.
It worked in the sense Sterling played well, but we surrendered the midfield entirely for the first 20 minutes of the second half. Diomande was in there on his own, playing poorly, with Tom Lawrence rooted to the spot. They had several free shots outside the box as they just played simple passes around us.

The upside in the centre of defence, over Souttar, was offset by the loss in the middle of the park IMO.

I honestly think folk just like being negative on here now and just love putting the boot in whether it be the players or the Manager

We had more negative threads than positive ones last week even tho we won 4 - 1

A lot of the complainers will have said "this will be 5 or 6" at the start of the second half, and not acknowledge how well we done to make a fight of it.

(And I do acknowledge there was some luck to that, which you need)

He has utter sh*te to choose from.
Why start Lundstram mate, why start borna when we have raskin and yilmaz. Terrible decisions. I've been right behind the gaffer all the way, never once doubted him, even after the press conference after Dundee, saying he got a reaction from Ross County. But enough is enough.

Well that's probably the last we'll see of him give him a chance with his own signings and judge the man.

Who do you start ahead of lundstram?

Raskin in a game like that having played so little football?

And I'll be glad to see the back of Lundstram btw he's a massive part of the problem with our style of play.
Rankin done more in the short time than lundstrum. Constantly playing tav who was absolutely shocking for the 2nd goal .
That 2nd half was embarrassing.

Got his line up wrong again. Falling into the same error as previous managers trusting these "senior players" in big games.

I know we aren't spoilt for choice but he had enough available options not to play that midfield.

Just doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes which is becoming a concern. He doesn't seem to know what he's doing with the middle of the park.

What is a concern is his praise of JL.

An average championship midfielder with no quality.

We wet ourselves silly over him not being in tears after that lots fans abused the team about 2 years ago.

Similar to Kent in the sense that he's more well known for that than any performance is rank.

surely a tiny percentage of the blame has to go towards Lundstram
We weren’t winning today from the first kick of the ball thanks to the manager. Whether Lundstram got sent off or not. I think we all knew that from when the team was announced.

To follow that up with the subs he made I’m starting to wonder if the sun went to his head.

The half time sub today was Pedro levels of insanity.

Blame injuries, blame the squad. But I’m struggling with any kind of positivity for the manager.

Major alarm bells today sadly. Can't believe he went 4-2-3-1 again. For the 3rd time. Midfield dominated by them again.

Rankin done more in the short time than lundstrum. Constantly playing tav who was absolutely shocking for the 2nd goal .
That 2nd half was embarrassing.

Who else are you playing instead of Tav?

Let's stick Sterling there — he should be able to do that while also having to play LB, CM and RW.

Mad subs and persisting with players in a position we actually have some fit players to try something else is a red flag imo, we have to be honest there. We can't just continue to go its not his players and refuse to accept something starting right in your face.

Got his team selection wrong today.
Again.
However he shouldn't be judged imo considering how we've done since he came in.
Managed to get us back top & we really should have won the league this year.
Certain players have downed tools for whatever reason & they should be hounded out of Ibrox.
Not sure why he didnt play Cantwell at some point, maybe he didn't trust him.
Was surprised when Raskin came on.

Let him rebuild his team around, Butland (hopefully), Sterling, Diomande, Cortes & Danilo.

EDIT: Forgot Yilmaz.

A lot of the complainers will have said "this will be 5 or 6" at the start of the second half, and not acknowledge how well we done to make a fight of it.

When you say "make a fight of it" do you basically mean "didn't lose any more goals" because we never looked close to making a chance let alone scoring.

What is a concern is his praise of JL.

An average championship midfielder with no quality.

We wet ourselves silly over him not being in tears after that lots fans abused the team about 2 years ago.

Similar to Kent in the sense that he's more well known for that than any performance is rank.

To be fair, his praise for JL came when he was on his good spell.

Clement has surely seen what every other manager has now — when he isn't in that 3-month spell he's absolutely rotten.

Gee, I wonder if it could maybe be the same players who have cost Gio and Beale their jobs and were on the way to getting Gerrard sacked twice, once before Covid and then again before Villa came in?

This thread is a load of shite. If we back Clement he will deliver.

Highly unlucky we’ll be able to back him with anything like the money the previous two managers have had over the last two summers.

European income will be down and we’re left with a squad with little resale value now because of constant blunders in the transfer market.

I rate Clement, I do worry though that he is trying to play his style of play when we don't have the players to do so, he needs to be a tad more flexible.

See a lot of stick coming Clement’s way on social media.

He’s having to pick up the pieces of years of mediocrity throughout the club.

Ross Wilson & Michael Beale in particular.

Back the manager, he got us back into this title race with a squad that’s clearly not fit for purpose.
Maybe just a set style of play, ability to change shape and positively affect a game.

He's been dealt a shit hand in terms of recruitment and injuries but he's not above questioning or criticism.

He, IMO got most of today spot on in the approach.

Lundstrum and another disgraceful lazy arsed performance let down the entire club. His lackadaisical performance killed the whole team and the red card any chance of winning.

Phil got 2nd half spot on really and very early got us a point from playing an hour with 10 men.

Totally agree that Raskin should have started, but no one can say he’s earned his place in the team with the performances he’s put in this season.

That squad of players we have is massively bereft of any quality.

Working with a hand tied behind his back

Well that's probably the last we'll see of him give him a chance with his own signings and judge the man.

Who do you start ahead of lundstram?

Raskin in a game like that having played so little football?

And I'll be glad to see the back of Lundstram btw he's a massive part of the problem with our style of play.
He shouldn't have been playing him we all know he is away that is on the manager play players who want to play for the club.

Awful

Murty wouldnt have got away with the last few weeks.

Opened at will by Celtic, at will.

That couldve been 7,8,9

Punt it, just punt it.

I’d rather it wasnt him with the rebuild, sorry.

The indicators are that the 2 players provided by Koppen are not suited to Scottish football either.

Everything should be sounding alarm bells, all of it.

Perhaps one of our fan media fellas can press him on the kind of bad decisions he continues to make.

I'm a massive fan of Clement, but there is no justification for starting Barisic, Lundstram and Lawrence today. Nor is there one for continuing with that formation.

I'd love to know what his reasoning was.

Aye I don't think there's a whole lot he can do, Wright and McCausland on the bench as your game changers... whether it's Lawrence or Cantwell starting he'd get criticised for each players particular weaknesses too. People just need to vent their frustrations, he's made his mistakes but over all I'd say he's guiding the club in a positive direction

He goes and gets a proper winger in Cortes, something we desperately needed and then he gets injured straight away. Injuries have absolutely knackered us this season. Excuses don't help much, but that's just the fact of the matter. Getting those sorted out next season is crucial

Game was lost with the midfield selection

Striker scored

CBs performed well enough including Sterling

Midfield was a fucking disgrace
Has been in every game we've played them but done nothing about it. But it's a pile on thread. Aye ma arse. Maybe some fans are starting to see his faults and are calling it out.

You can only pish with the cock you've got....at least 6 of that team won't be anywhere near Rangers next season, Yes tactically we should have been a bit cleverer especially in midfield. My God Lundstrams head hasn't been in it for weeks so I wouldn't have played him, Sterling should have been in there,but then we would have been light on the righthand side ,I will give him next season with his own players before I get the knives out...By F()ck the cup final is massive now.

The last few weeks have raised more questions than answers. He’s deserves the criticism just as he deserved praise earlier in the season.

I'm honestly reading Raskin should have started? Based on what? He's looked poor since his injury and the vast majority of this message board wants him sold in the summer. Classic example of cognative dissonance, he played well when he came on, but there was very little evidence that that kind of performance was coming.

He doesn't have the squad (especially with injuries) but we all knew Sterling had to start in midfield and it became more and more apparent as they got shot after shot away from the end of the box
Tin hat on but I don't think Sterling is a midfielder, he doesn't have that eye for a pass on him. He looks amazing because he actually puts in a shift and can win the ball back. He does need to be our 1st choice RB next season though.

Back