What do we need to do differently next week?

Pack the midfield and hope for the best because I genuinely don't see us getting a result as things stand and we lack proper firepower outwide and through the middle.

If we start with this non fluid slow 4-2-3-1 with certain players out of position it will be a long afternoon for us.

If we had Cortes, Sima, Danilo available I'd give us a chance but my confidence levels are very low going into this one.

Dominate the midfield and you win the game.

I’d be playing Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling as the midfield 3.

Other than that, hopefully Yilmaz plays and hopefully we keep Fabio Silva 100% focused on the game.
100% agree with the midfield 3. Also stop gifting them soft as shite goals would help but I've been saying that for 2 years.

It's a big ask but let's just empty the tank and see what happens.

Hopefully Yilmaz can play , If Big Phil is determined to play a 4231 id drop Lundstram and play Sterling and Diomande as the double pivot or another option is a 433 and go with Lundstram Diomande and another with a view to going more attacking later in the game.

Id also consider dropping Tav and play Sterling to nullify Maeda who will probably start.

I’d go 4-1-3-2 and my line up would be:
Butland
Tav, Souttar, Balogun, Yilmaz
Lundstram
Sterling, Diamonde, Lawrence
Roofe, Silva.

Dominate the midfield and you win the game.

I’d be playing Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling as the midfield 3.

Other than that, hopefully Yilmaz plays and hopefully we keep Fabio Silva 100% focused on the game.
I would play Silva at left out..

The problem that most of our players don't have any drive and intensity
This is probably the slowest Rangers team I've seen and it's never been properly addressed over the last two years.

Watching our movement and build up play most weeks is infuriating.

Sterling and Diomande should be in central midfield at least they are mobile and cover ground quickly.

Play a flat midfield 3 of lundstram, Sterling and diomande. The flat midfield 3 is what is needed against them. When we play two and cantwell sitting in front we are far to open in there. That imo gives us the best chance of coming away with a win.

I’d go 4-1-3-2 and my line up would be:
Butland
Tav, Souttar, Balogun, Yilmaz
Lundstram
Sterling, Diamonde, Lawrence
Roofe, Silva.
b37b57b55f480c49d2237477897ecb5b.jpg

3 in midfield Dio Lundstram and Sterling, stay in the game until the last half an hour and thats when we can win it.

We absolutely can't have Cantwell trying to do backflicks and tricks like he did last time there while letting McGregor run free.

Realise you are going into a war zone .
Be focused from the 1st to the 100th minute.
Win you individual battles , fight for every thing , yourself, your team , your manager your support and just f8cking win !

Maybe not the concede the first goal for a change and score first. That would be fucking lovely. Instead of having to chase a game we can get ahead and take control.

We have too many injuries. Too many players who are just not good enough.

I want to be no surrender but I think its highly unlikely we win next week with this team.

Sterling has a great engine and I cannot question his commitment but he is not a winger. If the manager is being sensible and we do not start with McCausland then I think he should think about swapping Sterling and Tav around. Tav has been all over the place defensively the last few weeks.

I nearly forgot - do not start Borna.

I’d like a change of shape because we need to be tighter and try and get some control in midfield. I also think our lack of wingers mean it’s worth tweaking.

Butland
Souttar Balogun Davies
Tavernier Sterling Lundstram Diomande Yilmaz
Cantwell
Dessers

All out from the off…If we lose then so be it.

But we need to go balls out from the first minute as if it was the last ten and we were a goal down.

Press them from the start, move the ball quicker in midfield and get closer to Dessers so that he's not isolated.

Defence needs to push a higher line and with Ridvan back we will have a better balance.

Tav cannot play at Right back they will destroy him thats what Brenda meant by HAVING FUN . Play sterling at right back move Tav up one

Assuming Balogun is out then we need to play:
Butland
Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz
Diomande Lundstram Raskin
Sterling Lawrence
Dessers

We could also put Cantwell in for Raskin and move Sterling into the middle. Either way we need to flood the midfield.

They’ll come firing out the traps and will have Maeda pressing like a headless chicken as usual to set the tone which is their main tactic but they do run out of steam eventually, you seen it in the last Ibrox game especially. It’s so vital our captain and everyone else who starts doesn’t sell the jerseys the way we seem to do a lot against them just now. We aren’t making them work for their goals and the goals we gift them they must genuinely feel like it’s Christmas.

Personnel and shape is so crucial. We can’t play 4-2-3-1, we constantly get overrun with that shape and the worst thing is, their midfield aren’t exactly gifted with pace. Control in midfield and supporting Tav from Maeda is our best chance of a result. Their defence is honking and will give us chances which we MUST take

Take the 2nd half attitude from the last game, and apply it from the kick off, we had the ball in the net 4 times in that 2nd 45 minutes,they couldn't live with us, do that,and we may just get the victory we all want

Not getting caught like rabbits in the headlights and booting the ball aimlessly into their half inviting wave after wave of attack would be a start.

They are as poor as they have been for years but I fear we don’t have the composure to cope with all that will be thrown at us especially the bent officials.

The Walter playbook - do whatever it takes to get to half time level - if it’s parking the bus, so be it. They will shite it, the longer it remains level. Also - just clear your bloody lines, no gifts.

I'm on a roll as I predicted how it would go today, minus the red card, so I feel smug as fcvk.

Anyway, if they win the toss, they will opt to kick off, launch right into one of our corners, target the full back, try and get and early throw in or corner and hem us in.

we will run around like blue arse flies, defending like its the first time we've done it. Butland makes some vital early saves but ultimately another defensive clusterfuck will cost us, probably through Kyogo camping out right on the back of our last defender, he blitz them for pace.

we will be one or two down after 20 minutes then start getting a foot hold in the game that again ask the questions "why not sooner?"

chase the game for large period, pass up chances, probably call upon Tav for that cameo goal on the way to another "disappointing" result.

Last edited:
Tav cannot play at Right back they will destroy him thats what Brenda meant by HAVING FUN . Play sterling at right back move Tav up one

Not the daftest thing I’ve read on here.

Maeda isn’t a great footballer just a strong runner, Tav just doesn’t have the pace or stamina these days to cope with him. Move him up on to Taylor and Tav will destroy him.

I don't think we should be attempting to play out from the back against them.

Pains me to say it, but we're not good enough to play around their press.

We absolutely do need to do a better job of pressing them, their defence is their weakness.

They need to match or preferably trump the scums hunger, and actually believe the result is there for them.

I have to be honest, a lot of what I seen today still isn't good enough. Too many lazy misplaced 5 yard passes, not enough verve going forward, and for me still far too lax in defence.

It's a big ask but it can be done so let's have it right. It's c****c we're playing not a team of any great calibre. We just need to prove we want it more than they do. Something if we're being truthful that we've failed to show against them all season.

Score first is a must for me so vital and one we haven't being doing enough of just to settle us down

Keep things really tight and organized and have an outball. The players need to keep calm and relaxed, the tension running through our players when we play them is unreal - they seize up and touch, passing, positioning just goes to pot.

Be sensible without treating them like Madrid.

Apart from nit gifting them goals through stupid mistakes and being like rabbits caught in the headlights we definitely need a different approach, we are too easily read and slow making us very easy to press. Maybe loading our midfield, going with Sterling in beside Lundstram and Diomande. Win this area would go a long way to getting a result.

Stop pussy footing about and get stuck in to the bastards from the whistle. We don't just need to win, we need to win well.
This. It needs to be played like their lives depend on it. 100% commitment from start to finish - forget it's Celtic Park and just play out of our skins.

One chance to be legends - this is it - and if the team can't get up for this then they've no business being at the club.

3 in the midfield. If we line up with just Lundstram and Diomande we will be overrun in the middle like the last 2 games.

Bingo.

The overwhelming vast majority of the time, it’s the team who wins the midfield who wins the game.

I don’t see him changing from the 4231 though.

It would also be nice if we don’t shart and hand them a goal of a start…

We need to be better in every area of the park.

We can’t defend like we’ve been defending. Yet another shocker conceded today. We need to win the midfield battle and if that means going with Sterling, Diomande and Lundstram, do it.

We’ve got to move the ball quicker, we need better movement in attacking areas, not bypassing the midfield or playing long ball after long ball and we need Dessers to magically turn into a striker.

5 goals behind them is as good as a point so we must defy all odds and form to win handsomely.Fvck me we are way overdue a performance to stick Brenda back in his box.

Back