What game will you watch tonight?

When we played Olympiacos pre season, I never thought for one minute they'd still be in Europe in May.
When we played Olympiacos pre season, I never thought for one minute they'd still be in Europe in May.
Thought they looked good
After visiting Florence and Fiorintina ground in summer I'm hoping they win tournament
Also B Laudrup and Italian stallion big Amo played for them

I can say - with zero modesty:)) - that I called this almost perfectly with how it work out for Fat Ange.

An exciting honeymoon period, early cup exits then inconsistent league results taking them out of top 4 towards the end of the season, with him becoming increasingly touchy in interviews.

Better managers with better players were always going to figure out his extremely limited style.

The evidence was all there based on his European comedy shows over two seasons with them.

Despite spending a ridiculous amount of money up here he still got extremely lucky to win what he did.

I can say - with zero modesty:)) - that I called this almost perfectly with how it work out for Fat Ange.

An exciting honeymoon period, early cup exits then inconsistent league results taking them out of top 4 towards the end of the season, with him becoming increasingly touchy in interviews.

Better managers with better players were always going to figure out his extremely limited style.

The evidence was all there based on his European comedy shows over two seasons with them.

Despite spending a ridiculous amount of money up here he still got extremely lucky to win what he did.
It'd probably work if he could spend double his main rivals and about 20x more than everyone else combined on players.

Was Chelsea that brought their good run to an end wasnt it? The game he somehow managed to get praise for defending a freekick on the halfway line despite being down to 9 and ultimately taking a doing as a result.

Since that game they are averaging conceding 2 goals a game.

Glad the away goals rule is now gone. I wasn’t fully on-board when it was slated to happen but it’s worked out well.

A 3rd for Villa keeps them in it. Their fans need to get involved.

Meanwhile, we had the team complaining that the opposition tried, were being physical and had a pathetic "face-saving" rammy at the end of the game after an abject performance.
I remember thinking our pre-season performances were some sort of tactical experiment from Beale to get us used to how European games might play out.

Then the league started...

We went into the game heavy legged and were absolutely shit. Pre season was a shambles and many called it. We were dreadful that night.

they were two weeks ahead of us in preparation and it showed, they had early European qualifiers.

I've seen them twice since then, not tonight, and they have impressed me each time.

Blue is the colour,football is our game, footba
llis
o cheer us on through tbe sun and rain.roon you Ange
giphy.gif

Go to the top of the class.

A perfect summary. That’s the way you debate. That’s how you do it. :))

Was Chelsea that brought their good run to an end wasnt it? The game he somehow managed to get praise for defending a freekick on the halfway line despite being down to 9 and ultimately taking a doing as a result.

Since that game they are averaging conceding 2 goals a game.

Aye, that was pretty much the start.

Chelsea were going through a period of really struggling to break teams down, so camping your 8 outfield players on the half way line and - literally - leaving half the pitch for Chelsea to exploit was a tactical masterstroke :))

As far as I’m concerned, he handed his players an excuse to lose goals as long as they kept attacking that day.

Aye, that was pretty much the start.

Chelsea were going through a period of really struggling to break teams down, so camping your 8 outfield players on the half way line and - literally - leaving half the pitch for Chelsea to exploit was a tactical masterstroke :))

As far as I’m concerned, he handed his players an excuse to lose goals as long as they kept attacking that day.

May I just summarise this

Fat boy Ange Gravy Veins is a football coaching tit :))

I remember thinking our pre-season performances were some sort of tactical experiment from Beale to get us used to how European games might play out.

Then the league started...
I remember thinking "We've bought a load of strikers and sold all our wingers, Beale must see something I don't because I have no idea how this is going to work?"

It didn't work. Sakala and Sima looked like our only mobile options on the pitch.

Then he sold Sakala.

Back