What happened to the SFA investigation on Dubai?

It’s a scandal. First Minister tells them to investigate which they at first refuse to do then eventually Maxwell says it’s being investigated. Since then.....silence. Who holds these people accountable? It is yet another example of an inept or corrupt administration. Our investigation should not start until theirs in complete and punishments handed out for the self admitted breaches which led to their COVID outbreak.

The Scottish government told the SFA to deal with it. Clearly they have (by doing sweet F.A). and the Scottish government are now satisfied.

Watch how they deal with us in the coming days, for our "breaches".

It was just on SSN there that some Fulham player has been caught on video at a party in London. Scott Parker says he's disappointed, and that the player will train with the under 23s today. That was it, no mention of how long he's going to be banned for.

We shouldn't be accepting any SFA ban, discipline them in-house, and move on.

Sorry to derail the thread a wee bit.

But does anyone remember a few seasons ago one of the Celtic players (defender I think) was cited by the compliance officer, but instead of going through the process right away, they waited until the end of the season then dished out a ban?

They’re was no investigation, so the precedent has been set and I don’t expect any SFA investigation for us. There will be whatever punishment we issue to our players for the breaches.

Cannot for the life of me see anyway our 5 will escape an SFA ban. It was after all SFA that handed Jones & Edmundson the 7 game ban and I'd imagine they (SFA) would come down even harder for this 2nd breach at the club. I would not be surprised if all 5 received a ban till end of domestic season.

It's still sitting in the in box, under a massive pile of other investigations...they'll get round to it, honestly they will, eventually.

Cannot for the life of me see anyway our 5 will escape an SFA ban. It was after all SFA that handed Jones & Edmundson the 7 game ban and I'd imagine they (SFA) would come down even harder for this 2nd breach at the club. I would not be surprised if all 5 received a ban till end of domestic season.

What I think will happen is they will want reassurance from Rangers on what action they taken then go to the press with some wishy-washy shite like 'Rangers have served a stern penalty to these players that we fully endorse. As this punishment meets our strict governance guidelines then we are happy to let one of our member clubs deal with it internally Hail Hail (whoops sorry I thought it was Celtic I was writing to there)''

I would fight any sfa punishment in the courts. Precedent has been set with absolutely nothing being done about the Dubai scandal. There’s photos ffs!
Absolutely. Our players were stupid but they were in a bubble, not loafing about on loungers next to all and sundry.

This is why if our 5 get sfa bans we need to fight it. I still think we should have fought the jones/edmundson bans. We had teams calling off games because players brought covid in by not adhering to the rules and nothing happened to them. They have been fined by the cops leave it to the club to punish them

This is why if our 5 get sfa bans we need to fight it. I still think we should have fought the jones/edmundson bans. We had teams calling off games because players brought covid in by not adhering to the rules and nothing happened to them. They have been fined by the cops leave it to the club to punish them
Precisely. Bolingoli played in a game he shouldn’t have ffs. He got 3 games.

Triggers Broom has had less new heads and shafts than the SFA’s when it comes to the filth. Disgrace this and the media reaction because Rangers have had a breach is a witch hunt. If our players are banned take the f.uckers to court as other posters have said. Sick of this bullshit.

celtic never seemed to come clean about actually what happened in dubai.

I wonder if there was any way the staff and players could be interviewed about what happened in Dubai so that they legally had to tell the truth and if they lied it would be criminal offence.

I know, there was a wee bit of sarcasm in there, but the point is correct. Let them away with admitting breaches in Dubai, now want to hand bans to us!

Our lads are going to get bans. That's an absolute certainty, and they actually deserve them. Nobody is going to argue that.

However, Rangers really need to get ready to formally challenge any ban that is out of step with the punishments issued to Aberdeen players (the 8 who went on the razz), the St Mirren players who sat too close to each other on a team bus, the Dubai bar flies (who so far haven't actually had any punishment of any kind issued to them).

I'll be massively disappointed if the club just sit back and watch those corrupt bastards doling out another huge ban to Rangers players when players of other clubs seem to get smaller bans or none at all in the case of the Dubai bar flies.

Absolutely. Our players were stupid but they were in a bubble, not loafing about on loungers next to all and sundry.
Or sitting drinking in a bar open to the public. Or coming home outside the “bubble” (which was already burst anyways) and then miraculously playing in the next game.

They were before Celtic went to Dubai, came home and admitted Covid breaches while there, yet no investigation!
True enough. The fact is the SFA is clueless and not fit for purpose, but the length of bans they handed out to Jones and Edmundson effectively ended their Rangers careers whether Gerrard was prepared to forgive them or not. They would be entitled to feel aggrieved if others aren't treated the same.

I think Rangers were naïve throwing Jones and Edmundson to the mercy of the SFA/SPFL.
The wolves in charge just loved it and hit them with a massive 7 game ban. A length of ban that no others have received.
Rangers have recently asked for consistency and made it very well known publicly. Banning our 5 players for 7 games would yet again show that we are treated differently.

Last edited:
Keep on seeing that our 5 players will be getting a seven match ban but surely Dubai is to be dealt with first?
On what charge ?

I have yet to see the SMSM quote any part of the SFA rules describing the "crime" and listing the possible punishments for said "crime"

Just Googled Jones/Edmundson and found this on the BBC website
"Jones and Edmundson were found to have breached the SFA's rules relating to Covid-19 protocols, as well as having acted against the interests of the sport."

Tried Googling "SFA's rules relating to Covid-19 protocols" but couldn't come up with anything remotely resembling "crime" and "punishment"

Last edited:
I don't think it is a certainty that an SFA punishment will be as harsh as it was for Jones and Edmundson.

Jones and Edmundson attended a party where any Tom, Dick or Harry was present. There was a clear risk of catching Covid and passing it on to the squad.
For the current 5 dumplings, yes they broke the rules, but the risk was minimal as the group only contained players and partners.

The SFA have also dug themselves a huge hole by not punishing the Celtic players who clearly took greater risks than our 5. After all 2 of them caught it.

I know, there was a wee bit of sarcasm in there, but the point is correct. Let them away with admitting breaches in Dubai, now want to hand bans to us!
This is the whole problem with those running the Scottish game. The precedent was set by banning JJ and GE. Now they have let off the Dubai lot scot free, will the same happen to our 5? As the club have already stated with the compliance situation, all we want is consistency.

The SFA have ignored the Dubai Covid breaches

mentally challengeds broke the elite sports external training camp rules laid down by the SFA

If the SFA try and ban the Rangers 5 then whilst I don’t condone the 5 Rangers players actions but the SFA cannot get away with more selective disciplinary punishments

The have to be consistent or should be told to GTF

Back