What happened to the SFA investigation on Dubai?

The SFA have ignored the Dubai Covid breaches

mentally challengeds broke the elite sports external training camp rules laid down by the SFA

If the SFA try and ban the Rangers 5 then whilst I don’t condone the 5 Rangers players actions but the SFA cannot get away with more selective disciplinary punishments

The have to be consistent or should be told to GTF
Absolutely. I’m sick to death of us just accepting this emergency playing field.

It will be interesting to see what they do to our 5 eejits compared their Dubai lot who breached protocols.

They set a dangerous precedent when they came down heavy on Jones & Edmundson. At that time they were able to treat them in isolation. They now won't know whether to stick or twist.

Absolutely. Our players were stupid but they were in a bubble, not loafing about on loungers next to all and sundry.
Don’t think it was a bubble when another 5 people were involved but I agree Celtic should have been punished for breaking rules in Dubai and Lennon should have been punished for his rants about other clubs.

A deliberate attempt was made by Celtc, the SFA and the Mhedia to cloud the Dubai issue.

Rather than deal with the clear breaches of Covid Protocols whilst on the trip, they made the issue around whether or not they had permission to travel to Dubai and who gave that permission.

The actual trip to Dubai was never a problem, it was a convenient smokescreen.

The Covid Rule breaches that took place around the pool and in the bar of the hotel in Dubai were then conveniently forgotten about.

The players that were ordered to self-isolate and missed 2 games did so under the instructions of Health Authorities, who were acting under Corona Regulations laid down by the Government.

Missing 2 games had absolutely nothing to do with the SFA and they clearly did not have the balls or the inclination to punish either the club, the players or Lennon for his rant, on top of the order to self-isolate.

Don’t think it was a bubble when another 5 people were involved but I agree Celtic should have been punished for breaking rules in Dubai and Lennon should have been punished for his rants about other clubs.
Yes perhaps. I was more saying that the players are normally in a bubble and their partners are their partners (presumably in a bubble as couples). Compare this to Brown sitting less than 2 feet from absolute randoms around a hotel pool.

Sorry to derail the thread a wee bit.

But does anyone remember a few seasons ago one of the Celtic players (defender I think) was cited by the compliance officer, but instead of going through the process right away, they waited until the end of the season then dished out a ban?
Glenda.
5cf79a3d560313d8b265e9788bb1d7ff.jpg

It will be interesting to see what they do to our 5 eejits compared their Dubai lot who breached protocols.

They set a dangerous precedent when they came down heavy on Jones & Edmundson. At that time they were able to treat them in isolation. They now won't know whether to stick or twist.
Whether they issue bans to our 5 or not, it'll once again show a lack of consistency. Either way they've let the Dubai lot off when the precedent had been set. It's becoming a signature move of theirs sadly.

I think the SFA felt that having dropped points in both games they were short of players, that would be enough of a squirrel for us all to forget they promised this after pressure from the Scottish government.
I think we need to remind them of a phrase they used when they were making up new rules to do us with.

“That was just a consequence of your actions. You haven’t been punished yet.”

Maybe it's a good thing they've not been punished for their breaches in Dubai as we could've had worse punishment. Still a stitch up though.

A deliberate attempt was made by Celtc, the SFA and the Mhedia to cloud the Dubai issue.

Rather than deal with the clear breaches of Covid Protocols whilst on the trip, they made the issue around whether or not they had permission to travel to Dubai and who gave that permission.

The actual trip to Dubai was never a problem, it was a convenient smokescreen.

The Covid Rule breaches that took place around the pool and in the bar of the hotel in Dubai were then conveniently forgotten about.

The players that were ordered to self-isolate and missed 2 games did so under the instructions of Health Authorities, who were acting under Corona Regulations laid down by the Government.

Missing 2 games had absolutely nothing to do with the SFA and they clearly did not have the balls or the inclination to punish either the club, the players or Lennon for his rant, on top of the order to self-isolate.

This is why just ignoring the mhedia isnt enough. They are dangerous and they are influencing others.

I wonder if nothing can be done about the dubai breeches as it happened in a foreign country and outwith the jurisdiction of Scottish government and sfa?

Sorry to derail the thread a wee bit.

But does anyone remember a few seasons ago one of the Celtic players (defender I think) was cited by the compliance officer, but instead of going through the process right away, they waited until the end of the season then dished out a ban?
Yes I do. My memory’s shite so that’s all the help I am unfortunately.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but what technically did they do wrong? Are there any players in football bubbles socially distancing?

of all the things they should be penalised for and aren’t I don’t think this is one of them

They look to have made a major faux pas by choosing to ignore the Dubai jolly that they themselves sanctioned.

Any bans that they try and dish out now will just open that particular can of worms again so we should escape quite lightly I imagine.

They seem to back themselves into a corner on a regular basis now.

The Dubai breaches, have still to be addressed, along with the rant by Lennon. The breaches were admitted to have taken place by management and photo evidence was readily available. The SFA will also have to address Lennon admission to be visiting players at their homes. What is the difference to our covidiots and Lennon?

The Dubai breaches, have still to be addressed, along with the rant by Lennon. The breaches were admitted to have taken place by management and photo evidence was readily available. The SFA will also have to address Lennon admission to be visiting players at their homes. What is the difference to our covidiots and Lennon?
Nothing will happen sadly. They are just stalling and it will all go away. Disgraceful.

On what charge ?

I have yet to see the SMSM quote any part of the SFA rules describing the "crime" and listing the possible punishments for said "crime"

Just Googled Jones/Edmundson and found this on the BBC website
"Jones and Edmundson were found to have breached the SFA's rules relating to Covid-19 protocols, as well as having acted against the interests of the sport."

Tried Googling "SFA's rules relating to Covid-19 protocols" but couldn't come up with anything remotely resembling "crime" and "punishment"
They made them up that morning.

Nothing will happen sadly. They are just stalling and it will all go away. Disgraceful.

There is no one in the msm asking questions so its easy for them to just ignore it. Same as the Tom Boyd investigation or Griffith's house party or TLB's rant or Frimpong's American visitor.

Once again its left to us but we need an expert to prove the bias and double standards.

There is no one in the msm asking questions so its easy for them to just ignore it. Same as the Tom Boyd investigation or Griffith's house party or TLB's rant or Frimpong's American visitor.

Once again its left to us but we need an expert to prove the bias and double standards.
Yes, as you say, they have had repeated indiscretions but will always escape punishment in this biased country.

celtic never seemed to come clean about actually what happened in dubai.

I wonder if there was any way the staff and players could be interviewed about what happened in Dubai so that they legally had to tell the truth and if they lied it would be criminal offence.
Wtf are you on about?
This is football not CSI

Cannot for the life of me see anyway our 5 will escape an SFA ban. It was after all SFA that handed Jones & Edmundson the 7 game ban and I'd imagine they (SFA) would come down even harder for this 2nd breach at the club. I would not be surprised if all 5 received a ban till end of domestic season.
That's not the point being made.

They will bypass any Dubai discussion and go straight for our lads as soon as they need to.
No point in banning them now as that way this weekends match would count. They can wait a bit yet and issue the ban just before 3rd March.
I think they will get a 3 or a 4 match ban.

I wonder if nothing can be done about the dubai breeches as it happened in a foreign country and outwith the jurisdiction of Scottish government and sfa?
The SFA is a membership association. It can do what it wants (relatively speaking) and is not governed by Uk law per se.

Back