What makes losing this title more sickening

Well now that it’s mathematically confirmed, I feel nothing. It’s became the norm and it’s fckin unacceptable .

That's the worst thing about it all, mate.

This was the best chance since 55, and we inexplicably ran out of gas when we should have been busting a gut to win the title. Being unable to match the energy or pace of supposed small clubs, then losing, is just appalling.

Feel like I hear this every single season.

They’re awful, full of shite etc etc and yet they win trophy after trophy and title after title.

I’ll laugh at them being shite when Rangers are on top of Scottish football. Right now, they’re as good as they need to be and that’s the cold hard facts of it.
This for me also.

I worked with a lot of them back in the 90s and remember all too tell hearing them give it the big talk about how amazing Collins etc were and how rotten we played in seasons 93-94 and again in 94-94.

At the end of the season, we'd still won the league while they were still going on about how rubbish we were.

And much like your last sentence, we were as good as we needed to be back then to win those titles.

They have everything in place for a long run of title wins.

Refs and the SFA / SPFL all sewn up.

A non-critical media.

Their Achilles Heel is Europe, but they genuinely don't care about that, as its all about accruing the automatic CL qualification and the tens of millions that go with it.

And as long as they accrue those millions, it's harder to get back.

It's disgusting to think we need an American court case to crack them and bring finances back down to somewhere approaching parity.

Rodgers isn't a terrific manager but he's good enough for Scotland, knows how to get them winning and has our number. And that's enough.

Why we continue to underestimate him when we have literally beaten him ONCE I'd way fcking beyond me at this point.

Even when we were favourites I was hopeful rather than expectant. Game after game we were winning but were poor . They are better than us - though this season not by much.
But things can change
We have a huge advantage over the rest of the SPL - get a team on the park who can compete physically and have a tad more ability than the other 10 sides and momentum can take us through to OF games- I do believe without the horrendous start we would have won the last OF at Ibrox and performances subsequently would have been better.
We can compete and with better recruitment will be close if not champions next season

And as long as they accrue those millions, it's harder to get back.

It's disgusting to think we need an American court case to crack them and bring finances back down to somewhere approaching parity.

The end of automatic CL qualification for winning the title will bring a parity of sorts.

They cannot compete in Europe, they are a perennial embarrassment, and will not make the CL by their own merits, which can only help us.

After hearts 5-0 ,we were onto a treble,momentum was with us and for some reason we imploded,bottled it or whatever.
We have handed yet another title to a team that piggy backs on us domestically and mugs us at the critical time ,piggy backs on us at the expense of our coeficient,it's sickening.
We last won a title when there were no crowds ,beginning to think our team can't handle crowds and pressure of a league run in.....but can win the odd cup...strange.

Even when we were favourites I was hopeful rather than expectant. Game after game we were winning but were poor . They are better than us - though this season not by much.
But things can change
We have a huge advantage over the rest of the SPL - get a team on the park who can compete physically and have a tad more ability than the other 10 sides and momentum can take us through to OF games- I do believe without the horrendous start we would have won the last OF at Ibrox and performances subsequently would have been better.
We can compete and with better recruitment will be close if not champions next season

We need a whole new defence. (Obviously Butland stays)

Sod knows, Cantwell, Diamonde and Sterling apart, who we keep in midfield. Raskin can hawk his pearly to any stepping stone he wants in the EPL, and we're still stuck with him. Yet how many goals do they contribute overall?

The forwards? Forget it. Sima on a good day probably and smiley miley as back up.

Things ain't changing anytime soon with this board.

The end of automatic CL qualification for winning the title will bring a parity of sorts.

They cannot compete in Europe, they are a perennial embarrassment, and will not make the CL by their own merits, which can only help us.

The financial disparity for me, means they can handle it.

We have a complete overhaul needed and there's every chance our European runs go south, so I would say financial parity is a long way off.
'
Obviously, I want your optimism to win the day.

The financial disparity for me, means they can handle it.

We have a complete overhaul needed and there's every chance our European runs go south, so I would say financial parity is a long way off.
'
Obviously, I want your optimism to win the day.

The misplaced entitlement they demand and receive from refs in the SPFL goes missing in Europe, mate.

The likes of Bodo Glimp and Cluj dispose of them at ease, but getting there by hook or by crook is all that matters, and the money involved, naturally.

I still believe that we haven't truly recovered as a club since 2012, despite the high of 55 and Seville.

Our players don't have a winning mentality.

My support in the mangager now depends on his summer shopping. He needs to change the defence. Get the captain tf. Get in a commanding centre half. And that's just the start of it.
Whilst I agree with you Gub I'm almost certain Tav will not only be here next season but will still be captain.

That's the worst thing about it all, mate.

This was the best chance since 55, and we inexplicably ran out of gas when we should have been busting a gut to win the title. Being unable to match the energy or pace of supposed small clubs, then losing, is just appalling.
The question for me is, did we run out of gas or did we shite the bed when we went in front? The results and performances against Dundee and county were criminal.

The question for me is, did we run out of gas or did we shite the bed when we went in front? The results and performances against Dundee and county were criminal.

You would not have thought we were chasing a title during the Motherwell game at Ibrox, mate. The alarm bells rang for me when we were playing like an end of season kickabout. We couldn't match Motherwell's drive and sense of purpose.

You would not have thought we were chasing a title during the Motherwell game at Ibrox, mate. The alarm bells rang for me when we were playing like an end of season kickabout. We couldn't match Motherwell's drive and sense of purpose.
Fs I forgot about Motherwell. That was when the rot started, as you say we looked like a team playing dead rubbers while they got their skates on and got the job done.

They obviously won the league but a large part of the reason is that we gifted it to them on a shiny plate.

Depressing, we need rid of the perennial losers but I'm not sure we will due to the mental contracts we handed out.

For example both Tav and Goldson have 2 years left on their contracts on what I assume are high wages, who is going to pay us money for them and pay a wage similar to what they get from us? Unless we touch lucky with a Saudi team we're stuck with them and they won't be squad players on their wages.

I don't think we'll be getting the player turnover a lot of our fans think.

Post 2012 the club has been mentally weak from top to bottom for the most part. It seems to seep out of every pour. Squad after squad, manager after manager, boardroom shake up after boardroom shake up, failure just seems inevitable at the same points every season.

Like everyone I hoped we’d be champions and we certainly had an excellent opportunity. However I looked at our line up last night and it was unrecognizable as a Rangers side to me. We just didn’t have the quality there to be champions

They’re not a bad side as a collective. They press well, they move the ball in the attacking phase of play very well, they are always sharp when it comes to quick set pieces. Basically they are doing the right things in training day in, day out.

Until we see a huge improvement in the way we play our football, they’ll continue to be a long way ahead of us,

One of our players gets a start in their team, one. That tells you how far behind we are.
Correct this rubbish about them being poor is actually laughable yes they have problems but they play more as a team than we do and treat every other team like shit on their shoe ..we need to learn that very quickly next season or it will be another long road

Whilst I agree with you Gub I'm almost certain Tav will not only be here next season but will still be captain.
The difference in our captain and celtics was painfully obvious at the piggery last week.

The jump the dyke was encouraging his lot, in Collums ear , winding up our players while our captain was nowhere to be seen.

Imo i'd sell anyone in the first team and extra effort should be made to sell Tav and ,Goldson. PCs job and our chances for next season depend on an exceptional summer

A few weeks back I was really looking forward to Rodger’s arrogance being his downfall when he said at his unavailing as he addressed the tramps - see you back here in May

I started to believe that would come back to haunt him and being chased out the door with that mob

Gutted

Back