What next for Dessers?

Dessers: Keep or Sell?

• Total voters

agentcooper

I see Dessers now has the best goals per minute record in the league! It's easy to see his failings but at what point do we look at the numbers and admit he isn't the total flop some paint him as?

What does the future hold for him? Should we keep him? Get rid at all costs?

My feeling is he would actually be a good squad player, but not sure we can afford that scenario. The amount of goals he has now scored means we may actually get a pretty good bid for him, and the money might be better invested elsewhere. But I do have an admiration for the guy - after all the flak he just keeps coming back and scoring goals. Hope he signs off with a big goal in the final

At £4.5m, I would think his wages are way too high for a backup player. I suspect a decent fee, even if it’s a loss, would see him sold if it released his wages in full.

His attitude is outstanding to be fair. No matter how badly it’s going for him he keeps working and keeps going back for more. He’s definitely grown on me over the season, despite still regularly cringing at him taking 2, 3, 4 clumsy touches too many.

Danilo will be going nowhere, unless we’re replacing Roofe with someone amazing I would sell and hope we can get better.

He is a bit of an enigma (read as DigB coined him a nightmare) at times, but as a back up for next season I'd keep him.

He always gives 100% & after the howling & stop/start beginning to his time here he's weighed in with a decent-ish return.

Keep. 21 goals, or 26 goal contributions, if I’m right, isn’t the worst start in your first season.

He grafts away, he tries and never hides and he can score goals.

He needs coached better in terms of decision making and taking the easy chances, and if he can be coached better in that regards while not losing the natural physical aspects of his game, he would be a fucking goal machine.

I’d keep him and let’s see what he can do. He’s another one that needs a wee bit of love and a wee bit of encouragement to keep going, and when he’s loved I reckon we would get the best out of him.

If he’s coached right and plays in a good side creating chances, he’s getting 20 goals a season minimum.

It's a combination of keep but if there is genuine interest take the profit. I wouldn't be actively trying to sell him but if we were to make even 1m more than we bought him for then it would be the sensible approach to accept and reinvest it as Danilo will 100% not be going anywhere and we will be buying a new starting striker.

If we get a good offer I would sell, he's absolutely infuriating if we are being honest.

However what if he scores the winner in the cup final?

We aren't getting £6m for a 29 year old journeyman.
I dunno mate. 22 goals in a season, assists etc. His stats look good and thats peanuts for a team in the continent. I would be surprised if we did but considering we bought him for 4 a year ago, when he had scored about 12 goals, its not against the realm of possibility. Unless we get it though, id keep him.

Scores, but not the big goals. Quantity over quality for me. Keep as a part of the squad along with Danilo, but we need a new main man.

sell if we can recoup our investment.

Not sure we’ll get better if we can only sell at a loss but at his age and with his goals scored record this year it’s our best chance to generate money to reinvest.

If we were offered good money for him, it's a no brainer for me.

More often than not it's one touch too many or just a little lack of composure. Then again, if he did have that he wouldn't be with us.

I find it strange that a common opinion of Ally himself was that he'd miss many sitters but he inevitably popped up with a goal.

It would appear Dessers will never be afforded this leeway from our support.

I'm in no way comparing him to Ally ability wise, but he deserves more backing imo.
We've certainly had far, far worse.

He's not good enough to be our main striker and wasn't supposed to be. If you look at his season in that context, he's one of very few players who's done what was expected of him this year, or has maybe even exceeded that.

I find it strange that a common opinion of Ally himself was that he'd miss many sitters but he inevitably popped up with a goal.

It would appear Dessers will never be afforded this leeway from our support.

I'm in no way comparing him to Ally ability wise, but he deserves more backing imo.
We've certainly had far, far worse.
I'm happy to continue with Dessers involved and have defended numerous times this season, just if we were offered a good fee I wouldn't be upset to see him go.

We have the second and third top goals scorers in the league, most clean sheets, and before tonight the least goals conceded.

Sell for a good offer and if we have a replacement in mind. Keep if not, he works hard and scores goals.

His value will never be as high again whilst he is with us, and the one common complaint we’ve had for years is not selling players at their peak value.

I understand the most we will achieve is recouping our investment but still, is he destined to be yet another player we will just hold onto until his resale value is gone?

Keep and rotate, 22 goals for the season, and yes, I know, not blind to his 'failings'.

Frustrating player however can't argue with his numbers especially 1st season in a new league. If he was our penalty taker would be on 35 goals.
Most players especially from overseas need a season to settle. If he can improve performances and more importantly numbers next season then could be a important player.
He probably doesn't get enough credit, keeps himself fit and available.

Back