What price would you value Bruno Fernandes at?

WinkieWATP

Listening to Talksport and they were discussing the players Utd are supposed to be willing to go. They reckoned £80-90m for Fernandes.

30 years old and one of the poorest attitudes I’ve ever seen in a supposed top level players. Fail to see anyone come up with that kind of money for him unless it’s Chelsea given their mental transfer business the last few years.

Rough estimate maybe £60m? He's 30 sure but can probably play at his current level another 3 or 4 good years at least. And despite being a little weasel is very gifted, and his numbers would count for a hell of a lot more in a better side. So I'd say he's a player of pretty big value still.

Last edited:
Good player but I genuinely don't think he's as good as some think. His attitude brings him down so much as well. I am not sure that many of the bigger teams would want him.

He was actually brilliant for United in his first season or two, more or less carried them at times. Since then his attitude has been deplorable and he’s one player you’d love to see an opposition player cripple. Thats how unlikeable he is.

£80m is probably about right because of the way he carries himself.

Good player but I genuinely don't think he's as good as some think. His attitude brings him down so much as well. I am not sure that many of the bigger teams would want him.
I think the attitude works against him when people talk about his actual ability. You don't create the number of chances he does in such a bang average team if you haven't got considerable ability yourself. So i would argue that he's actually underrated in some regards because people don't want to credit his actual skills because its complemented by such a dire attitude.

When he was practically begging the manager to take him off when Liverpool were rattling them. Your supposed to be the leader on the park.

He would never have kicked a ball for Ferguson again after that I would imagine

When he was practically begging the manager to take him off when Liverpool were rattling them. Your supposed to be the leader on the park.

He would never have kicked a ball for Ferguson again after that I would imagine
That didn’t happen though, his overall body language and conduct was dreadful that day but he didn’t ask to come off, that was the spin put out by Gary Neville.

Genuinely can’t stand him but this season he’s been much less aggravating than the likes of Antony.

If we’re taking into consideration the EPL inflated prices I wouldn’t even value him at 40 million right now tbh.

It would be interesting to see him in an actual top side, whether he would flourish and also cut out all his crap.

Undoubtedly a very talented footballer but maybe being at a shit show of a club where has meant he has developed bad habits that wouldn't be tolerated elsewher.

In answer to the OP's question, I reckon Utd would make their money back or thereabouts due to his age and FFP restricting clubs a bit more.

United will do well getting £80m, more like £50/£60m. I hope the new guy in charge has a better idea than the club have had for the last few years. Their recruitment looks good on paper, but sheite on the park.

I think the attitude works against him when people talk about his actual ability. You don't create the number of chances he does in such a bang average team if you haven't got considerable ability yourself. So i would argue that he's actually underrated in some regards because people don't want to credit his actual skills because its complemented by such a dire attitude.
That is probably true but I think the overrated part comes as part of a package. You don't get Bruno Fernandes's skill without his stinking attitude so it all comes together in one overrated package. If he could nip the attitude in the bud he'd be superb. Which is kind of what you said. :))

That didn’t happen though, his overall body language and conduct was dreadful that day but he didn’t ask to come off, that was the spin put out by Gary Neville.

Tbf he said "practically begging to come off" which he pretty much was with the body language you reference.

Unless he’s going to Saudi I can’t see anyone wanting to pay top dollar for him, 25-30 million tops

Last edited:
Listening to Talksport and they were discussing the players Utd are supposed to be willing to go. They reckoned £80-90m for Fernandes.

30 years old and one of the poorest attitudes I’ve ever seen in a supposed top level players. Fail to see anyone come up with that kind of money for him unless it’s Chelsea given their mental transfer business the last few years.
About £10m the rat faced moaning clyping weasel

Man Utd would surely want around £80m for him? Only Barcelona and Saudi teams would be stupid enough to pay that.

Fernandes would be superb in a decent team. That he is a despicable weasel, is besides the point.

Rough estimate maybe £60m? He's 30 sure but can probably play at his current level another 3 or 4 good years at least. And despite being a little weasel is very gifted, and his numbers would count for a hell of a lot more in a better side. So I'd say he's a player of pretty big value still.
It's up to him to get his numbers and make the side better. If he isn't able steer clear

It's up to him to get his numbers and make the side better. If he isn't able steer clear
It's up to him to get his numbers up, it's up to the rest of that highly paid squad to bother themselves to perform in a way that's befitting of a club like Utd. In fairness Utd have been a car crash for several years now and while Fernandes behavior has left a lot to be desired over the years, he's been comfortably their most effective and productive player since he's been at the club. One man can really only do so much.

United often hand out massive salaries that no one else is prepared to pay. If they've done that with Fernandes his transfer value will be minimal.

I predict that no big club will pay big money for him. I could see him moving to the likes of AC Milan for free at the end of his contract

He’s a good player tbf but an absolutely detestable bloke. Attitude is rank but unfortunately that’s pretty common at OT these days.

De Gea was spot on in his appraisal of his captaincy credentials. He’s never a leader in a million years - certainly not a club of United’s stature.

That said, he’ll probably go for somewhere in the region of £60mill in today’s climate if the likes of a Barca/PSG club can find/hide the money to cover it.

Talented footballer.
Awful attitude. No respect for anyone.
Never a captain. Amazes me that Man Utd granted him that honour.
However, he plays in the EPL, so probably £30m.

Back