What sports are Scotland good at?

you mean Chris Hoy was and is a great cyclist, cant remember the last swimming gold medal in the olympics, lets face it thats the only one that counts

So if you're a European champion or make the final at the Olympics, but don't win a medal, you're shite?

Get real.

So if you're a European champion or make the final at the Olympics, but don't win a medal, you're shite?

Get real.
show me where I said they were shite, you cant, because you just made that up in your tiny little head, success in sport is determined by what you win, not by what you dont

Nothing. Andy Murray reached the peak for Scotland, World number 1 in tennis ahead of Djokovic, Nadal and Federer, winning grand slams. He's been the Scot in the modern era of sport to put our name on the map.

Josh Taylor will become a multi world champion Boxer and IMO best British prospect in years.

Rugby we've been half decent.

As a bear living in England I've become used to getting the pish ripped out Scottish football. It really has descended into the league of Wales, other than us and them.

A bit like the EPL, apart from Liverpool and City.

At least we've got a title race up here..

Their 3rd best team just got pumped 2-7 by Bayern Munich. :))

Snooker mmm hardly a sport, Andy Murray one guy in for ever, not ever seen a Scots world or olympic champion in Tri, and while there has been some decent individual runners at distance doesnt really point to a sport you are good at
Aye Andy Murray is the one guy in ever for the whole of Britain, the best the whole of Britain has ever had never mind Scotland that’s a fact.

show me where I said they were shite, you cant, because you just made that up in your tiny little head, success in sport is determined by what you win, not by what you dont

The thread title asked "What sports are Scotland good at?"

In my tiny little head making an Olympic final, or being European Champion makes you quite good.

The thread title asked "What sports are Scotland good at?"

In my tiny little head making an Olympic final, or being European Champion makes you quite good.
what sports? doesnt mean what individuals may do well from time to time, thats not the question and you know it, need to try harder

S
what sports? doesnt mean what individuals may do well from time to time, thats not the question and you know it, need to try harder

Scotland has a long history and tradition of top swimmers and middle/long distance athletes, not just "from time to time."

I don't see any deterioration in our sports, other than international football and possibly rugby.

what do you mean by "top" , we have in Oz a genuine long term world class sports history in swimming, tennis, surfing, rugby union and league, cricket, triathlon, equestrian, athletics, shooting, cycling, all which are undeniably systemic due to the fact that they are long term and ubiquitous

During the Bertie Vogts campaign the top seeds had arrived for a qualifying match and Tam Cowan had written in his paper , can somebody ask them if we can play them at snooker instead.
To be fair to him it was a great line. :D

We have an embarrassment of riches for lawn bowls and indoor bowls. Don’t think we have the facilities to cope if it was to become the most supported sport in Scotland though haha

Professional ‘Punch a Pape’ easily the best in the whole, wide world.

That and ‘Drunken Scaffolding Climbing’

WATP

Babs/pitchy, kerby, haggis hurling and whats that tree flingin thing.....

The poster that said we usually do quite well at sports you can drink during is spot on, snooker, darts, golf quicker get round the course quicker you can get round in at 19th.

EGwdzurWoAAefqQ
Subsiding lol

Snooker mmm hardly a sport, Andy Murray one guy in for ever, not ever seen a Scots world or olympic champion in Tri, and while there has been some decent individual runners at distance doesnt really point to a sport you are good at

Snooker is a sport.

Andy's brother is good too.

David McNamee and Marc Austin are top Triathletes who mix it on the world stage. There are many up and coming, especially women. Will be many more in the future.

Distance running, Scotland has loads of fine athletes and has always produced champions. I could list them but it'll be a TL;DR post.

Aw this pish that snooker’s not a sport. Look up the definition of sport before you post.

Challenging America in obesity and I bet, per capita, we beat them.

I discovered earlier today that we now produce and sell foot long sausage rolls to eat with our beans.

So I bought one and pigged out on it earlier. Doing my bit for Scotland’s obesity campaign against USA.

Back