What type/style of Rangers team do you expect/want under Clement next season ?

SDF

Possession based ? Direct ? Pacier ? Fitter ? Younger ? Experienced ? More structured ? Change of formation ?

Right now we're a long ball mob if we're honest. Good players who can pass a ball are being bypassed for defenders to launch long diagonals into the corners or down the throats of opposition centre backs.

I'm not against being a long ball team as long as we're good at it and right now we're not. A centre forward who isn't very good at winning the ball aerially or holding it up, a midfield with not enough movement from players to pick up second balls. It's a slog to watch at times.

So come the summer, what do you want to see from the manager to fix the problems we currently have ?

Possession based ? Direct ? Pacier ? Fitter ? Younger ? Experienced ? More structured ? Change of formation ?

Right now we're a long ball mob if we're honest. Good players who can pass a ball are being bypassed for defenders to launch long diagonals into the corners or down the throats of opposition centre backs.

I'm not against being a long ball team as long as we're good at it and right now we're not. A centre forward who isn't very good at winning the ball aerially or holding it up, a midfield with not enough movement from players to pick up second balls. It's a slog to watch at times.

So come the summer, what do you want to see from the manager to fix the problems we currently have ?
Pace, hunger, desire. That’ll do me for a start

Well whatever team we get next season he's got to get off to a flyer as we will be calling for his head if he falls behind them early on.

same long ball tactics with slightly less quality player and finish 2nd again is what i expect.

Fast free flowing attacking football with young qaulity players is what i want.

Fitter, faster, stronger, more aware and clinical.

Style of play? It’s not overly important to me, I’d like to see us move the ball much quicker. Lundstram slows it down but also today when Raskin comes on, he has two chances to play in McCausland or Diomande. Took 7/8 touches then went back.

I couldn't care less of his style. As long as we win the league and destroy the Paedos in their den.

Same as Brugge from his time hopefully, with a bit of PSV from the last couple of years due to the DoFR.

Easy.

Not too keen on our direct style at the moment, with better wingers and a striker and further development of the style then it might be okay. So far the possession-based rigid structure under Gerrard was probably our best style

I don't mind being a direct team. It mostly worked when he first arrived and led us on that great run. But direct doesn't have to equate to hopeful hoof-ball which is what has been the case for weeks now. Pretty much since we lost Cortes and Ridvan, really. We no longer have the pace to turn an opponent with a long ball.

At his previous clubs where he's won trophies, his sides have been very physical. Robust midfielders, rapid wingers. 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 a lot of the time which I'd love to see here.

I want us to be quick on and off the ball. Forward-thinking at all times. We are so laboured in and out of possession, it's pathetic. All we're doing is giving teams time to re-organise. Look at Crystal Palace in recent weeks. They get the ball, they're on the attack. When they lose it, they press press press. We need athletes for that kind of football.

Christ, even if we did just go for an all-out 1990s bastardball set-up - just get the right players for it.

I don't think it's hard for me. I want 2 direct wingers with ability. I wany 3 midfielders that work hard and have ability. I want 2 defenders who defend

The strangest thing is with clement is that his club brugge teams and monaco teams were very much position based teams who like to draw the opposition out and very quick in transition but also used a high press ... so I find it difficult to understand why he's got is so direct with sterling / Raskin and dio in our midfield especially... dessers isent great in the air or particularly intelligent at holding the ball up.. so for me it has to back to what he knows ... double pivot in midfield two wide and at least a good no10 that plays on behind the cf.. he also pushes st least one full back high to kind of overload at monaco .. we need more legs in midfield at least one a link player who can pass and dictate play beside sterling and /or dio ... since Davis we've not had one .. right/,left back that can defend and ch ... and wide right who has pace and a delivery... and possibly cf

Pace, good fitness, high pressing, clinical and a team who are positive and not afraid of an absolute bang average scum side.

The strangest thing is with clement is that his club brugge teams and monaco teams were very much position based teams who like to draw the opposition out and very quick in transition but also used a high press ... so I find it difficult to understand why he's got is so direct with sterling / Raskin and dio in our midfield especially... dessers isent great in the air or particularly intelligent at holding the ball up.. so for me it has to back to what he knows ... double pivot in midfield two wide and at least a good no10 that plays on behind the cf.. he also pushes st least one full back high to kind of overload at monaco .. we need more legs in midfield at least one a link player who can pass and dictate play beside sterling and /or dio ... since Davis we've not had one .. right/,left back that can defend and ch ... and wide right who has pace and a delivery... and possibly cf

See this is where I put stock with people saying he's doing what he can with the hand he's been dealt. Every player has talked about simplicity since he came in. I really think he's just picked a fairly straightforward formation every player understands from youth level and tried to keep everything simple.

It worked only so far, the players have reverted to type in the end, and he's clearly not without fault with a lot of his selection decisions.

Be nice not to see teams run right through the middle of us. Like Ross County midfielders being able to take a touch and turn with our whole half of the park open to them.

Pretty sure I read that he likes the South American and African market, based on our links to the CB from Panama and the African wingers that would seem accurate.
I suspect, putting it’s simply, he try to turn the bullied into the bullies and we’ll be strong pacy and direct. And if it wins trophies I don’t give a %^*& about sexy football.

A team with balls that doesn't panic when the heat is on.
We panic because we don't don't have a link player who's like Davis we ever replaced him which is negligence... by both beale and to an extent gvb that's why I'd play raskin dio abd sterling vs the beasts at hampden ...make sure sim is fit front 3 of dessers sima and McCausland/silva in there face from kick off high press energy

It's a huge summer for Koppen and Clement

And with that get a formation and style of play that the likes of Dundee can sniff out and stop playing after 15 minutes

Not only that but players on the bench that can change a game, change formation, tactics

Seems daft but we don't seem to have a plan B for all these years

As line above, a huge summer for Koppen and Clement

Whatever that style/tactics was under Gerrard, when we went into OFs without fear. And deliver results consistently against your Aberdeens, Kilmarnocks, Ross Counties etc.

See this is where I put stock with people saying he's doing what he can with the hand he's been dealt. Every player has talked about simplicity since he came in. I really think he's just picked a fairly straightforward formation every player understands from youth level and tried to keep everything simple.

It worked only so far, the players have reverted to type in the end, and he's clearly not without fault with a lot of his selection decisions.

Exactly.

Unbelievably, folk seem to be baffled that a guy picking a team from a sub-par, injury stricken squad isn't able to get them playing sexy football.

Clement is doing what he can with what he's got which, evidently, isn't much. There's no surprise we looked much better when Sima/Cortes/Ridvan were fit and playing.

I can't understand why he's not went to a 4411 min he knows the system well... its within the players we have .. can't get my head around it ... raskin must start till final alongside sterling and /or diomande Ie

Tav souttar/balagon yilmaz

Raskin sterling dio

Silva/McCausland sima

Dessers

We have a glaring inability to keep possession due to our passing and moving . At times our passing is so bad I wonder if they even pro football players.

We panic because we don't don't have a link player who's like Davis we ever replaced him which is negligence... by both beale and to an extent gvb that's why I'd play raskin dio abd sterling vs the beasts at hampden ...make sure sim is fit front 3 of dessers sima and McCausland/silva in there face from kick off high press energy
It's a good call, I hope all the posters actually saw why lundstrum gets a hard time on here it was a pitiful display today I hope Clement gives raskin a shout now can't be any worse.

Pace, mobility, the ability to play a forward pass in 2 touches or less.

Our play is so laboured and predictable that teams find it easy to defend against us for the most part.

I would only judge the manager next season and not this year, I think he is the man to put us on the Right foot, he jas been delt a dodgy hand amd the proobably done the best he could, maybe a player here or there that We wpuld change but the team is a mess overall.

A complete move away from what he’s doing just now, to be honest.

But being realistic, I suppose from list in OP I’d at least expect us to be fitter and faster.

He’s not going to come up with much different in possession imo, it’s going to be reliant on players producing something and being more clinical.

Out of possession we were a mess today and it was pretty embarrassing on his part given it was the same sh*t we were seeing from previous games against them. I don’t see him changing structure, so again any improvement is going to need to come from recruiting other players who are at least more athletic.

We need a big, strong team of tough bastards. I mean both physically and mentally. I don’t mean hammer throwers or ugly football, but the team has to be big and mean enough to bully opponents.

We are far too nice and easily intimidated.

Until we have a team that can go toe to toe with absolutely every team in this league and look like they confidently know they are better than the one they are playing against I think we’ll see the same pattern continue and we’ll shite the bed at the critical times.

Reactions: VGM
Back