What type/style of Rangers team do you expect/want under Clement next season ?

The worrying thing is we’ll have to build a side with less money than the previous two seasons probably.

Our wage bill is also currently £3m higher than that other mobs and that can’t continue either.
You’d probably get your money back on Dessers and Lammers which ought to add something to the funds available

Reactions: TPP
It's maybe a simplistic view, but style etc doesn't matter unless we're winning.
A good part of Walters and Ecks tenure we were awful to watch, but the title at the end made the drudgery worth it.

I would like to see us being much fitter, faster and who look to play forward, through passes to players who are looking to drive at the opposition

Out of possession I would rather we didn't let opponents play out, rather press them high up the pitch and win the ball back quickly.

So basically nothing like what we are now.

Unfortunately, the consequence of not guaranteeing CL participation means we are going to need to have a miraculous summer to make the number and quality of changes required with likely inadequate funds

Possession based ? Direct ? Pacier ? Fitter ? Younger ? Experienced ? More structured ? Change of formation ?

Right now we're a long ball mob if we're honest. Good players who can pass a ball are being bypassed for defenders to launch long diagonals into the corners or down the throats of opposition centre backs.

I'm not against being a long ball team as long as we're good at it and right now we're not. A centre forward who isn't very good at winning the ball aerially or holding it up, a midfield with not enough movement from players to pick up second balls. It's a slog to watch at times.

So come the summer, what do you want to see from the manager to fix the problems we currently have ?

A winning one. Couldn’t care less how sexy the football is on the park.

I would like to see that fundamental tactical and formational setup and malleability showcased by Allegri, Simeone and Conte

Organisation. You can achieve a lot I'm football by being organised. Good structure, solid defence, players that understand each other. That would do for a start.

I'm expecting a younger, faster, fitter and hungrier core of players next season.

A dynamic and aggressive style of play. I don't care if it's overly direct or there's pretty patterns of play. I just want us to actually have pace and energy in the team.

We saw a glimpse of what we could look like under him a few months ago when (near) everyone was fit. More of that please.

I want effective, efficient and clinical football that kills games early, that's good football in my eyes

Gio, Beale and now Clement with the same core of players looking like a shapeless mess.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence though.

I just want to see us play quick attacking football with young, ambitious players.

Not filled with jobbers from the EFL championship.

I watched a bit of the play offs earlier and Mikey Johnston is strolling about.

You can maybe find the odd gem, but our squad has too many.

Players that can do the basics for a start.
Make a 5 yard completed forward pass.
Don't let an opposition wide man have all the time in the world to cross a ball in to our box.
Win your Individual battle.
Clear your fkn lines.
Take an early shot if its on (Dessers).
Give a 100% In every game from start to finish.
Remember your a Rangers player and be thankful for that privilege.

A team full of nasty hungry and determined players who are up for a fight in every single game and won't be terrified of teams like Ross County and Dundee. The laziness also has to be stamped out. We better have the fittest team in the league next season, no excuses.

Back