What was the first tournament you became invested in that didn’t involve Rangers?

Spain 82.

As a wide eyed 7 year old, I had no idea whatsoever what sport the Brazil team were playing?

My favourite football team ever outwith The Rangers.

1966 World Cup. Pele getting booted off the park. Korea pumping Portugal ,Charlton's goal v Mexico and Geoff Hurst's non goal in the final.

Italia 90. Vividly remember so much about it like watching the Cameroon v Argentina opening game, all the Scotland games, England knock out games, Holland v Germany, the final being a rubbish game. Had been watching the Mexico 86 video in the lead up and being excited about seeing Maradona play but being disappointed. Think I expected him to dribble past 6 players then score every time he played.

Euro 96. What a time. I was 12 at the time and loving all things football but I loved the 90s. I can absolutely see why those 5-10 years older than me would pine for those days.

USA 94

Have vague memories of Italia 90 and Euro 92, but USA 94 is when I truly got into it. Eurosport played a 15 minutes roundup of goals on a loop every morning, I used sit and watch the same loop constantly every day. Must have sat for an hour each morning watching the same loop 4 times!

And Hagi and Al Owairan scored belter of goals!

Euro 96 ,was a special tournament, I remember The goalie having a masterclass against the Dutch, then me crying when Gary mcalastair missed that penalty, then gazza going up the park to score that unbelievable goal.Then the last game against Switzerland mcoist with that amazing strike.

Argentina 78, I was 11. Our neighbours boy told me he was going to ‘Ardentinny’ that summer. Remember excitedly telling my Mum he was going to the WC.

Mexico 86. In club football, the latter stages of the UEFA Cup in 86/87 (I know we were in the earlier rounds but they weren't televised and I was 7.)

Mexico 86. Had the Ladybird book and everything.

91ohFQsYRdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
First time I've seen the cover of that since I owned it. Filled in the results at the back of the book if memory serves me correctly.

What an amazing summer.

Mexico 86
Remember getting excited that Uruguay were down to 10 men literally after ko and thinking this is it here comes a win. Then Scotland done what Scotland do at WCs

Definitely Germany 74 and, in particular, the Dutch team remembered in the other thread.

Ditto. 1974 WC with a superb Scotland side playing in it and the brilliant Dutch side.

I remember Mexico 1970, but was maybe not so into it because Scotland weren’t playing in it.

World Cup 94. Was At an age where I was properly getting into football and was obsessed with Romario and Baggio at that world cup.

France 98. Weirdly, the whole house did and my mum and dad never showed any interest in football whatsoever before or after.

Italia 90.

I was really looking forward to seeing guys like Mardonna, Gullit, Van Basten but then Roger Milla stole the show.

Still my favourite world cup.

The 1978 World Cup. I can also remember the hype around the Scotland team and Ally McLeod. First of a few false dawns over the years.

Another thing I remember from it was the anonymous of paper being torn up and thrown from the stands. Was quite a spectacle at the time

1974 world cup in germany, had that subbuteo edition, league football seemed boring in august, little did I know what that season would bring. The 1970 world cup lit up football not so 1974.

Back