What would you consider to be a satisfactory achievement for Big Phil in his first season?

The time to ask this question was when he took over.

And almost universally the answer would've been "close the gap to Celtic and try to win a cup".

He's done it and more. He's already into the "exceeded expectations" realm with this squad.
The fact that questions are being asked of him now demonstrates that he may be a victim of his own early success

It will be a successful achievement if he gets rid of the dross and serial losers who will never be part of a winning Rangers team.
We are not 'closing the gap' with this squad.
Massive clear-out & rebuild needed.

A good start would be him admitting too many players are mentally weak and making clear he will look to move them on.

2 trophies at least. Either one will involve having to actually win an OF game this season

He's racking up some accolades anyway, losing to County for the first time ever, failing to win in 3 games for the first time in 5 years, capitulating in a title race when it couldn't be easier to win.

What do you think would constitute a satisfactory outcome to the season given that our new manager took over the reigns mid season: 1 Cup, 2 Cups, 1 Cup and League, Treble?
Successful clear out of the utter shite hr has to choose from

Another capitulation. A league campaign that is proving worse than Beale's.

It's not the dropped points and the defeats, it's the manner of them.

Right now I’d say success for him would be knowing more than 1 formation

From a few weeks ago I thought we could and would win the league.

Now I'm not looking forward to Sunday.

Maybe implementing a style of play.

He’s been here 6 months, and cup win aside, he’s failed to beat a woeful Mhank team twice, and mastered the art of aimless hoofball.

We were getting games over the line but playing poorly. It’s simply unsustainable.

2 wins in 8. Alarm bells are ringing.

Even if we take that lot out of the equation, one solitary point out of nine against Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee sums this current squad up.

I grew up during their proper nine. That didn't do much for my karma.

I went to the majority of games in the Greig and Wallace *2 era and that didn't do much for my morale either.

In short I've done the highs and way too many lows.

However, I've never felt so embittered towards a Rangers team/squad as I feel about this present bunch of charlatans, cowards and wage thieves.

They make me sick and are an affront to those greats and legends who went before.

Even if we take that lot out of the equation, one solitary point out of nine against Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee sums this current squad up.

I grew up during their proper nine. That didn't do much for my karma.

I went to the majority of games in the Greig and Wallace *2 era and that didn't do much for my morale either.

In short I've done the highs and way too many lows.

However, I've never felt so embittered towards a Rangers team/squad as I feel about this present bunch of charlatans, cowards and wage thieves.

They make me sick and are an affront to those greats and legends who went before.
Sadly you can now count in the Manager.
He failed at Monaco and he is doing the same here.
It doesn't look good for Sunday, I hope I am sincerely wrong.

"Clement had one outstanding period at the end of his first season at Monaco.Played some exciting football but team selection was questionable at times.Notably failed to rally his side after key losses, which became decisively poor spells. He can't afford the same at Rangers."

Last edited:
Needs to win the Scottish cup or else he’s already under serious pressure as potentially not winning four games in a row against a yahoo side who’ve lost four times to Hearts and Kilmarnock themselves isn’t acceptable.

A bad start to next season and it’s another Beale scenario on the horizon sadly.

Cup double now the league is gone.

Slight concerns over Clement starting to creep in. Under pressure if we don't win the Scottish Cup and rip as much up of this squad as possible over the summer months.

Right now it looks like we have hired another manager that cannot get the better over celtic.

Sadly you can now count in the Manager.
He failed at Monaco and he is doing the same here.
It doesn't look good for Sunday, I hope I am sincerely wrong.

A defeat on Sunday, would certainly raise questions, however, he is going nowhere at the moment.

We've seen how he has lifted this present bunch, although in hindsight, they were always going to let us down in the end. So it's hard to argue if he gets rid of some of the present bunch and brings in his own men, we should see a difference.

However, that could prove immaterial, because the increase in cash riches for winning this title means their treasure trove gives them more chances of bringing in quality.

A defeat on Sunday, would certainly raise questions, however, he is going nowhere at the moment.

We've seen how he has lifted this present bunch, although in hindsight, they were always going to let us down in the end. So it's hard to argue if he gets rid of some of the present bunch and brings in his own men, we should see a difference.

However, that could prove immaterial, because the increase in cash riches for winning this title means their treasure trove gives them more chances of bringing in quality.
"Clement had one outstanding period at the end of his first season at Monaco.Played some exciting football but team selection was questionable at times.Notably failed to rally his side after key losses, which became decisively poor spells. He can't afford the same at Rangers"

"Clement had one outstanding period at the end of his first season at Monaco.Played some exciting football but team selection was questionable at times.Notably failed to rally his side after key losses, which became decisively poor spells. He can't afford the same at Rangers"

Interesting.

This lot of ours have came off the rails quite spectacularly.

Interesting.

This lot of ours have came off the rails quite spectacularly.
We'll find this with every manager we get.

He wouldn't be available if he'd have been successful at Monaco.

Or do we just go for a manager who has never been sacked or had a bad spell?

The Kilmarnock manager?

Did you somehow miss where we were when Clement took over? We were winning nothing.
We were in the semi finals of the league cup with Celtic already knocked out. If him just winning that after us being favourites to win the league with less than 10 games to play is acceptable then there is something far wrong imo.

I feel 2 cups is the minimum for me,

He has got a tune from a horrendous squad but also has to shoulder some responsibility for the last few weeks, summer will make or break Clement

Given the last month or so if we manage to win the Scottish cup and avoid having those c*nts winning the league in the last OF game then I'd take that.

What do you think would constitute a satisfactory outcome to the season given that our new manager took over the reigns mid season: 1 Cup, 2 Cups, 1 Cup and League, Treble?
Win the league or fire him. And it's still possible for it to happen.

At this point, Dessers scoring a chance and the defence having a decent game

Back