When can we expect an announcement about kit manufacturer?

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
I’d imagine club will have something pretty much agreed by now.

Only a few months til the Scottish Cup Final where I’m fully expecting to see us walk out resplendent in our new Adidas kit :D

Just like the days of old where the new strip got its first appearance on cup final day.

I don’t think so. They’re toxic for me. Linked to Fat Mike. We need to get rid.

I completely agree with you mate. I don’t want Puma for the reasons you mentioned plus their gear is shïte (imo).

I still have a feeling we’ll end up in partnership with them again though.

I think it will be puma again and also sports direct will still distribute the kit at better terms for us .dave king alluded to fact we need a retailer partnership to launch the kit and sports direct whatever you think of ashley is the biggest in UK at the moment

I think it will be puma again and also sports direct will still distribute the kit at better terms for us .dave king alluded to fact we need a retailer partnership to launch the kit and sports direct whatever you think of ashley is the biggest in UK at the moment
Puma yes i can see it, working with Sports Direct is big big no. Cant see it at all.

Was thinking about this just the other day. Would at least like an idea of whe we could expect some news on this

If the club do jump back into bed with that fat bastard even on a retail distribution model then it shows they have failed to take the shackles off.

A Puma kit, 32 Red(already confirmed I know) sponsorship and Sports Direct distribution deal will, I reckon depress the living fuck out of a lot of bears who wanted a fresh start well away from the nightmare and emblems of the past, me included.

As long as the club is getting the best deal possible, I'm not entirely fussed who it is. Keep the home top simple/traditional and have the away/third as the 'experiments'.

Distribution should mainly be on line and sold all over the world look at for instance the Yankees you can get their stuff anywhere.

Agree with the points above if we extend our deals with Puma and god forbid Sports Direct it will take all momentum out of what should be a massive money spinner.

A clean break from all the shit associated with the last few years is badly needed.

I would absolutely love it if we came out with a massive kit deal that eclipsed the Bheasts one. Let's see how Liewell would spin that one.

Personally, I think if it was business as usual with Puma for next season, it would have been/will be announced very soon....... patience Bears!

I don’t think so. They’re toxic for me. Linked to Fat Mike. We need to get rid.
Me too. Won’t touch Puma said as much at AGM before SR left the stage. He said Puma were still sniffing around but were looking at other deals

Also asked that none of our stuff is every on sale in his slaves direct jumble sale and was hoping for a manufacturer that has its own outlet for sales as well as our own shops

I do not think it will be Puma. Lot of rumours of late of a return to Adidas but nothing concrete. Alistair Johnson is heading up the best deal for the Club. He is the one with the contacts, the man who secured Tiger Woods a lucrative Nike Sponsorship for Multi Millions when Tiger was still a 17 year old about to get his PGA card. King said at the AGM that they were entering in to talks with suppliers the week of or after the AGM, so it is possible that nothing is finalised yet.

It's not just the strips that are the issue with puma for me.

The training kit and other clothing are horrible and the availability is shocking.

I would always buy a training jumper and couple of other things for 5's.

It's understandable for this season, given the shambles the board inherited. But I'm going expecting a huge improvement in the overall clothing offering next season.

I actually like Puma. The current home strip is bespoke and would have been a huge seller if it wasn’t for the SD boycott.

Football fans tend to look back at kits and like them based on how successful the team wearing it was. The current home top is nice, as was the 2014/15 one but it was peak Banter Years so no-one has it or will admit they like it.

Conversely the orange top was pretty horrible, as was the 2002/03 home top but we won a treble that season and had guys like de Boer and Arveladze wearing it so we’ll all still wear it at 5s.

Did King not allude to the fact that Puma would have first option to renew out of respect for the fact that they done right by us during all the SD boycott? They must have lost a lot of money out the deal and could probably have made life difficult for us had they chosen to .. but they didn't.

Only my tuppenceworth, I am close to someone at Auchenhowie, who, let's say, is involved in the kit manufacturer process.

I asked them last week, if an educated guess was at Puma being kit manufacturer for next season, I was told they won't be.

If you were to hazard a guess mate, under armour ?

Only my tuppenceworth, I am close to someone at Auchenhowie, who, let's say, is involved in the kit manufacturer process.

I asked them last week, if an educated guess was at Puma being kit manufacturer for next season, I was told they won't be.

And you left it at that and didn't throw any other names out there? You need to be more assertive mate.;):D

That's a massive mistake, if true.

There are countless numbers of bears who won't set foot in SD, even now. Me included.

I’d love a return to Nike.

0_E02_B3_FD_7_CA0_4824_AE22_D658_CE948_BDE.jpg

High Street retail is a dying game. The Online business is how to maximise profit without paying a percentage to the retailer.

Think this is the end of Puma. No sign of them slashing prices before the release of a new one in the summer a la Umbro so I think they are maximising profits before being moved on

Back