When Davis never put Sakala clean through in the second half

Sakala was absolutely the correct pass. Provided Davis is not short with the pass. Even if its got a yard or two too much weight on it, like it was for Kamara, then Sakala makes that pass look like a great pass because of his pace. So if we're talking about small margins in games being the difference then by carrying the ball the way he does Davis reduces his own margin of error.

Putting things into perspective with Davis. Gerrard himself, it could be argued the best of his generation, retired from international football at 34 moved to L.A. Galaxy at 35, made his debut 7 months later at 36 and retired from football altogether 4 1/2 months after making his first appearance in the MLS. His reasoning was he couldn't handle the long distances travelled to matches. The truth was more likely to have been that he couldn't handle the recovery time between matches. Davis is still playing international games and has played more or less 2 games a week for at least the last 2 years and Davis was 36 in Jan almost 10 months ago.

I can see that the head is there with Davis he can see what's on but he knows he cant execute as his body wont do what its told. He couldn't make up the ground against Lyon when they were attacking down our left against Borna on a few occasions on Thursday and again he couldn't track back as effectively as he could against Motherwell yesterday. Davis has been a fantastic servant for Rangers these last couple of seasons but he should be going the same way as Jermain Defoe this season as its clear to me his shunts are starting to go.

I agree but I am not sure if the manager will take him out on Wednesday.

in my head I would take him out and play Lundstram in that role - which sounds good but I don't know how it will work in practice as Davis is the orchestrator of so many of our attacks with cross field balls to full backs / balls between the lines to the front 3.

I agree, I'd definitely play Lundstram there and see what he's about. I thought he looked much better against Lyon when he was the central midfielder.

I agree, I'd definitely play Lundstram there and see what he's about. I thought he looked much better against Lyon when he was the central midfielder.
Yep, but I have the scar tissue of last season against St Mirren when we took Davis out and we looked a shambles.

be interesting to see what SG thinks for his team on Wednesday.

Watching it back Davis took one step more than he should have and also passed it with a wee bit too much pace.

I guess the squad re watch the match and discuss errors etc so am sure that will be picked up.

I missed the game yesterday due to a bad crash near Glasgow airport so can’t really comment on the game but the decision making of the last few weeks seems to be taking its toll on the fans. We don’t have that flow and consistency in the final 3rd of the pitch like last season. Hopefully Ryan Jack can get fit soon and give Davis a break

Huge fan of Steven Davis, but think he has played to many games with international, European and domestic football, wee man is as fit as a butchers dog but looks jaded.

Okay, so Rangers we’re good yesterday then.
Perfectly acceptable?
I ask because I thought that Rangers were in complete control for the first half.
I'm not sure what you are fishing for in all honesty. All I said was that I thought he played well.

Back