When did we last have an incorrect game changing decision go in our favour?

Last time I can remember was when Davy Weir, downed the Mic in our penalty box and they got zilch, how many years back is that?
At least a decade ago.

I saw the highlights of the game recently, while it was an absolute stonewaller, it should be noted that they already had a good 3 or 4 dives in the box.

The only one I remember against them recently is the in the 1-1 at Parkhead. A few minutes after Clint Hill scored, he took down Griffiths last man and got away with it.

I think he got the ball, Hill was nice enough to tell Rodgers he thought it was a penalty though.

I liked Clint

2nd half when McLaughlin made a save in the six yard box and the ball is bobbling about one of their players got pulled to the ground by the arm. Can't remember which of our players done it but it's clear in the replay.
Your mad right enough.

that was never a penalty! The Hibs player fell onto Barasic but he never pulled him down or anything.

I posted this on the 'Bobby Madden ref at Motherwell' thread but just as appropriate here.

I am totally convinced that one major reason why we are successful home and away in Europe this last three seasons is because of consistent and fair referreing without prejudice there. That is compared to playing in the SPL and Scottish Cups.

Some of the fouls against us e.g. on Sunday v Hibs would not have looked out of place in a kick boxing ring. No way in the main that such fouls are getting past a European referee. I sincerely hope that someone inside Ibrox is keeping a dossier on such fouls, decisions and referees. Although I very much doubt it.

It would be interesting to employ a referee from abroad to judge refereeing decisions in our Scottish games and versus European matches independently of course. I used to be a 'dignified silence man' but not anymore. Something (apart from the smell of the mhanks) stinks in the Scottish game.

The cynic in me believes that such referreing decisions will cost us the League.

It was an extremely soft penalty that was given by the ref (collum if I remember correctly) without actually seeing it.

Do I care he dived? No. Did we benefit from it? Yes. But to say we’ve never benefitted is hyperbole and it’s hard to have reasoned discussions with anyone who genuinely believes we’ve never benefitted from a big decision.

Except he did see it. There is a pic of him looking at it over his shoulder as he is jogging the other way. I have it saved on my one drive and will post it later to prove your little timmy lie wrong!

You’re joking, right? He literally had his back to it

I’ve just watched a clip on the Archives FB page and maintain it’s a soft penalty

WV78-Celtic-v-Rangers.jpg

As said to the other poster, he’s already going down in that. Go and watch the clip

If you’re using still frames as evidence, give me 5 min and I’ll post a picture of when Stokes jumped into Davis and was given a penalty. That’s how it works, isn’t it?

As said to the other poster, he’s already going down in that. Go and watch the clip

If you’re using still frames as evidence, give me 5 min and I’ll post a picture of when Stokes jumped into Davis and was given a penalty. That’s how it works, isn’t it?

So you are provided with a picture of the foul occurring with he referee looilking at it and you maintain that he didn't see it because broadfoot was already on way down by the time that pic is taken? Hmmmm I think we shall add you to ignore list!

So you are provided with a picture of the foul occurring with he referee looilking at it and you maintain that he didn't see it because broadfoot was already on way down by the time that pic is taken? Hmmmm I think we shall add you to ignore list!

I said he went down softly and dived, the picture proves nothing.

Opened this, flicked straight to the last page which appears to be mentalists talking about incidents from a decade ago.

Point proven I reckon, as nobody was saying the game was bent back then.

You took the rough with the smooth when it came to refereeing decisions. Now there is no smooth.

It proves he seen it which you have maintained not to be the case.

Ok, I’ll make it as simple as possible for you.

Broadfoot went down easily. The referee didn’t see the initial “contact” as it was behind him
The referee seen “contact” as Broadfoot was already going to ground where their CB had a hand on him

Had broadfoot not flung himself to the ground we wouldn’t have got the penalty. If the ref had seen it from start to finish I don’t believe we’d have got a penalty

That simple enough for you?

Ok, I’ll make it as simple as possible for you.

Broadfoot went down easily. The referee didn’t see the initial “contact” as it was behind him
The referee seen “contact” as Broadfoot was already going to ground where their CB had a hand on him

Had broadfoot not going himself to the ground we wouldn’t have got the penalty. If the ref had seen it from start to finish I don’t believe we’d have got a penalty

That simple enough for you?

Trying far, far too hard. Bye!

The picture shows the contact which disproves the idea that Broadfoot dived!

You can dive into someone, there’ll then be contact (ala Stokes at Ibrox). Does that mean it’s a foul?

Behave

You can dive into someone, there’ll then be contact (ala Stokes at Ibrox). Does that mean it’s a foul?

Behave
He's got both hands on Broadfoot FFS!

If Kirk dived into him (he didn't, that wasn't his direction of travel) how the hell does he get both hands up and onto Broadfoot while he is still upright?
That would take the kind of reactions only seen in superhero movies!

You've said the ref didn't see it, said he had his back to it, said Broadfoot dived, changed to 'it was soft' and now you have Broadfoot initiating the contact.

To even compare it to Stokes at Ibrox is utter lunacy.
Here's the video of the dive, you said you could take a still that makes it look like a penalty.

Be my guest.

When did the Scum have a game changing decisions and that didn’t go in their favour?
Well, according to one poster in this thread that would be Jorge Cadette's disallowed goal that would have meant we only beat them 3-2 instead of 3-1 twenty three years ago! :rolleyes:

Back