When Helander returns…

Riquelme

Someone has to drop out as he is our best centre half.

In previous times it has always been Balogun, but I think there is now a discussion to be had on the matter.

For me Balogun has up there as one of our better players this season, he has cut out quite a few of his errors from last season and for me is currently in much better form than Goldson. Add in the fact he will likely be here next season.

Does the manager drop the inform player, or the out of form and soon enough out of contract player?

I honestly think that Goldson is undroppable in the managers eyes. It will be Balogun that drops out.

People are using Goldson’s contract situation as a stick to beat him with.

He’s been nowhere as bad as some are making him out to be.
Correct. And people are forgetting Balogun has said he wants to finish his career back in Germany with his family. I expect this will be his last season with us too although there isn’t the baying for blood for him in the same way there is for Goldson.

Goldson and Helander is our best partnership by some distance. Hopefully we can recruit a new centre half in January and get rid of Simpson. A fit Katic or Doekhi would be nice

Just created a thread and put similar that can be chopped sorry

Goldson needs dropped when Helander is back

Do we try to get Soutar in Jan aswell?

He has though, hasn’t he?

Balogun’s had to bail him out on several occasions.

Sorry that first point in bold doesn’t make sense. What are you asking?

As for Balogun having to bail him out, isn’t that the point of your defensive partner covering for you?

People are using Goldson’s contract situation as a stick to beat him with.

He’s been nowhere as bad as some are making him out to be.
I agree with that, to an extent, but he and the rest of the team need to make us a lot more difficult to score against. Whilst what you say is true, he and a few other could be playing better.

That should change with him refusing to commit.

Pointless for now until we have other options available.
Sadly not mate.

Gerrard has made it clear that he’s prepared to die on the Connor Goldson hill, and it looks like it’ll be that way even if he’s costing us points.

I'd go with Balogun on current form but he won't. The only issue I have with Balogun is his positioning is terrible at times. He has great pace and is excellent at tackling though.

Sadly not mate.

Gerrard has made it clear that he’s prepared to die on the Connor Goldson hill, and it looks like it’ll be that way even if he’s costing us points.

Die on Connor Goldson hill? :)):))

Okay so we drop him from now, who plays instead of him?

Someone has to drop out as he is our best centre half.

In previous times it has always been Balogun, but I think there is now a discussion to be had on the matter.

For me Balogun has up there as one of our better players this season, he has cut out quite a few of his errors from last season and for me is currently in much better form than Goldson. Add in the fact he will likely be here next season.

Does the manager drop the inform player, or the out of form and soon enough out of contract player?
Balogun can't play every game he's played more than he normally would and that's why we are seeing some injury concerns with him. Once Helander is back it's got to be him and Goldson

I agree with that, to an extent, but he and the rest of the team need to make us a lot more difficult to score against. Whilst what you say is true, he and a few other could be playing better.

The whole team could be playing better.

New center half in January hopefully, time to plan ahead for a defence without Goldson.

Helander is the best defender in Scotland but with his injury problems he can’t really play more than once a week.

Just created a thread and put similar that can be chopped sorry

Goldson needs dropped when Helander is back

Do we try to get Soutar in Jan aswell?
Soutar was rotten in the game against us the defender that stood out for them was Halkett. Soutar is overhyped beyond belief on here he's good with the ball at his feet but that's it.

Die on Connor Goldson hill? :)):))

Okay so we drop him from now, who plays instead of him?
We’ve mismanaged the CB situation so badly that we can’t drop him, but that’s not exactly something to get aroused about, is it?

I’d drop him in a second for Helander if he was fit.

I'd be interested to see how Katic would do alongside helander, talking him through a game.

At this point we need a back to the wall CB to clear the danger.

Soutar was rotten in the game against us the defender that stood out for them was Halkett. Soutar is overhyped beyond belief on here he's good with the ball at his feet but that's it.
Just trying to think of someone with in our budget. We need someone to replace Simpson

Goldson and Helander has been unequivocally proven to be our best partnership. I haven’t liked what I’ve seen from Goldson this season…but the defence is generally much more secure when those two play together

Back