When larsson was poor

He was a great player and considering he cost £650,000 it was a fantastic piece of business in all honesty.

But it shows how good our central defence was when they kept him quiet. Amo and Moore from the second half of 01/02 season until Lorenzo left at the end of 2003 got the better of him more often than not.

Reactions: SSR
Christ I thought my memory was bad.

I was delighted to eventually see the back of him. I do think he prayed on some weak Rangers defences at times too. I remember he scored a header at Ibrox and in all honesty it was more or less a free header 6 yards out and I could never fathom how it why we’d give him as much room as we did.

Larsson was a fantastic player. One of the top 3 players to have played in Scotland in the last 25 years along with Laudrup and Gascoigne. Saying anything else is lunacy.

Where I’m coming from was, Larson for all the Goals he scored, yes he scored more than Boyd, however for the Goal machine he was he scored very few against us.

He didn't score for his first 6 games. He then scored 15 in 24 against us.

He scored all the fúcking time against us from 1998/99 onwards.

ZSJqRcZQjmt0nVzyC4hznMGjMbx1EJiRLFPWAEIl15Hy-hu-eRE7SstP6i6orHuUWk6cNKRMmPipyhUuTpg_dqg1

I went to Real Mallorca v Barca while on holiday and Larsson was up front from the start and he was clean through on goal 3 times in the first half and missed all 3,i was raging because he didnt miss too many chances against us

He was a great player and considering he cost £650,000 it was a fantastic piece of business in all honesty.

But it shows how good our central defence was when they kept him quiet. Amo and Moore from the second half of 01/02 season until Lorenzo left at the end of 2003 got the better of him more often than not.
And we paid Feyenoord about £4,000,000 for Bert Konterman let that sink in :))

Where I’m coming from was, Larson for all the Goals he scored, yes he scored more than Boyd, however for the Goal machine he was he scored very few against us.

He scored regularly FFS. The two guys you've mentioned didn't/don't.

He also dragged them to a European Final in which he scored two goals.

He would only stay at them for about 1 season nowadays before the bigger clubs took him. Times were different then.

He is the best player I have seen play for them.The fact he went on to play for Barcelona and Man Utd tells its own story

Merit his overblown hype ? Larsson was a great player. One of the best to have played in scotland. Yes he had bad games and was posted missing in the cup final. But let’s be honest he would have walked into most rangers teams.
Put it this way, I wish we'd signed him and I think we may have had a shot. He was very good in the 1994 world cup, that's when I noticed him.

Came off the bench and turned around Barcelona to win the CL Final v Arsenal.

He was a great player.

And almost won the filth a European trophy. He didn't have the best of starts when he gifted the winner to Chick Charnley at Easter Road it was a big turnaround from a player who initially looked well out of his depth !!

It would be very, very, very churlish of anyone not to concede that Larsson was a terrific player. Without doubt the best domestic opponent we’ve had in my lifetime.

Yes, they are prone to overhype decent players, inflating them to god-like status; the hero-worship of Moravcik for example was and remains baffling to me. But Larsson is as good as they’ve ever had and the odd poor game against us doesn’t change that.
Glad you brought up the hero like worship of Moracivk,the game on tv last night was his last for them yet they couldn't get out quick enough at the final whistle hero my backside .

He is the best player I have seen play for them.The fact he went on to play for Barcelona and Man Utd tells its own story
Never once did I say he wasn't a great player, its against us I'm talking about, you see a goal v us on tv its always the lob in the 6-2 game he was shit in last night's game and had been shit in alot of others against us that's all I'm saying

He was at the scum for 7 years and scored 11 league goals.

Didn't score in his first season and didn't play against us at all in another because of the leg break. Like I said, from 98/99 onwards he never stopped scoring against us.

There's been a few flat track bullies playing up front for Celtic - Viduka and Cadete spring to mind. Larsson wasn't one of them.

Larsson was excellent, lets not beat about the bush, just because he played for our arch rivals the OP is trying to re-write history.
I would have loved Larsson to have joined us from Feyenoord and what a player he would have been for us.
He’s the one player in my lifetime born 91 I’ve always said I would’ve loved at us. Still enjoy Moore sending him into the enclosure though

Never once did I say he wasn't a great player, its against us I'm talking about, you see a goal v us on tv its always the lob in the 6-2 game he was shit in last night's game and had been shit in alot of others against us that's all I'm saying
He did score quite a few headers against us

He was a great player who shone in the SPL and played in several World Cups, European Championships as well as winning a Champions League medal with Barca.
Wouldnt go as far as saying that i liked him but he he seems to have more dignity and decorum in his pinky toe than Mutton and Fartson combined.

I hate to admit it, but I’d have loved to have Larsson in our team.

He’s nowhere near as good as Laudrup, but still was a brilliant player.

he was a great player, the fact that he came on as a sub for Barcelona and turned around a final against a good arsenal side confirms that.

He also scored one of the best headers i have seen in Euro 2004 against Bulgaria:

that was a peach of a goal.

Totally agree there.. I'm sure (not checked it) that Big Eck won more trophies while he was our manager than larrson won as a player for them during the same period of time

He was made of Admantium as well.

Great player and glad he is long gone. I was in Hesingborg this weekend, next time I go over, I will say hi from the Bear Pit.

The european final the earlier poster wrote about when he changed the game against arsenal, sticks in my mind.

Had arsenal down to win 1-0 and it was looking good till he came on. Remember thinking that this feckers still haunting me. Nearly got to the paranoid state of thinking it was personal.

Back