When larsson was poor

Still waiting on the OP to say whether he would have liked him at Rangers but I am thinking it’s now like discussing something with the guy in the pub that only wants to hear “ aye but he was a durty c.unt” and can’t have an adult discussion

Hilarious thread.
Too many people can't see past their own bias.

Larsson was a great player. Had he played with us and knocked in 174 goals in 221 league games he'd be idolised more than Laudrup and Gascoigne.

Hilarous thread.

Larsson was a great player. Had he played with us and knocked in 174 goals in 221 league games he'd be idolised more than Laudrup and Gascoigne.
Exactly mate, to be fair it’s only one or two half wits that can’t bring them selves to say it but still makes you laugh

Think your getting confused mate we played celtic 5 times that season 4 times in the league and one in the cup . They lost 3, drew 1 a goal from Stubbs who should have been sent of. They beat us 2-0 in January 1998 .he wasn,t top scorer in the league that season either. Losing ten in a row was down to our poor form especially in the second half of the season .not Larsson.

I'm not talking about old firm games solely mate.

The 10 in a row one is the only one they may have still won regardless. O'Neill would've won none of his titles without him.

A fair amount of denial and re-writing of history in this thread.

He was (unfortunately) an excellent player, who scored a lot of goals for them - including against us 15 times

Still waiting on the OP to say whether he would have liked him at Rangers but I am thinking it’s now like discussing something with the guy in the pub that only wants to hear “ aye but he was a durty c.unt” and can’t have an adult discussion
I do wish we had signed him yes and I think he would have suited us better, I never said he wasn't a very good player I said when he wasn't in a game he was very poor and it did happen in alot of games against us especially finals and semis that's all I said, and he was fawned over by our media constantly and he could be a dirty player( leaving his boot in) and was on several occasions and this was denied wrongly by quite a few posters on here.

Larsson has the same number of goals against Celtic as Boyd and Alfie do combined

Larsson scored 11 goals in total against us, now when you take that he was a top scorer up until Boyd passed him, percentage wise you would have thought it would have been higher, as against Ally’s 17!

He had a 1 in 2 record against us. That’s a brilliant strike rate, if you don’t think that constitutes doing the business against us you either watched blind folded or don’t quite get football.

His medal count wasn't exactly brilliant in his career with the filth ...maybe it's you that doesn't quite get it

His medal count wasn't exactly brilliant in his career with the filth ...maybe it's you that doesn't quite get it
He pretty much carried the tramps to 4 league titles in 7 years against some very good Rangers sides in that time and you are saying that oohahhuistra doesn’t get it? Your entitled to your opinion but I honestly think your making a bit of a fool of yourself here.

This a bit of a riddy really, he was class, he scored all those goals against real quality Rangers sides, he carried that filth side for years, and never bought into the mentally challenged mindset, the likes of Sutton lived off him.

What the 4 titles in 7 years hahaha. Honestly
4 /7 titles is good but 2 scottish cups and 1 league cup isn't outstanding at all , going back to his titles us going for 10 was just one step too far for alot our players some were too old but Walter didn't want to replace them and it was also disclosed that Walter would be leaving plus Laudrup had Chelsea lined up and was allegedly 'injured' for about 4 months,, that had alot to do with larssons 1st title, in 2001/2 our players just stopped playing, advocaat had lost the dressing room so by the time big Alex had taken over the damage was done so really that was 2 titles we should have won especially the ten in a row

Last edited:

Nah mate I’m fairly certain the issue lies with you. See we’re not talking about the overall success of the teams he played in, we’re talking about the player individually, and he carried them at times. And back to my original points, a 1 in 2 record against us is superb and if you aren’t impressed by that you ought to look at dominoes or darts or something and leave the football to the rest of us.

Nah mate I’m fairly certain the issue lies with you. See we’re not talking about the overall success of the teams he played in, we’re talking about the player individually, and he carried them at times. And back to my original points, a 1 in 2 record against us is superb and if you aren’t impressed by that you ought to look at dominoes or darts or something and leave the football to the rest of us.
I’m at the stage where I’m not sure if they’re fishing or being genuinely serious. Regardless of our views on Celtic if you can’t admit a good footballer when you’ve seen one it really doesn’t do much for your arguments

why would we leave something to somebody that can't tolerate an opinion that disagrees with them......genius

Can I ask what age bracket you are in? Did you see much football when larsson was here?

I’m at the stage where I’m not sure if they’re fishing or being genuinely serious. Regardless of our views on Celtic if you can’t admit a good footballer when you’ve seen one it really doesn’t do much for your arguments

Maybe they think they’re being staunch? In reality they just make us look like idiots. There’s no shame in admitting he was a cut above most players to have played in this league, it’s also not even up for debate when you consider his exploits here and have a gander at his stats too.

Hilarious thread.

Great?
I guess but he’s no Philip Sebo.

Do you think he would have scored with that chip in the 6-2 game if he had been up against gough,brown or butcher instead of the limp tackle made by konterman.

The one Celtic player in my time who I can say was class. He improved every year he was in Scotland, to the extent that he left and joined Barcelona.

He was an extremely dangerous opponent and the key figure to Celtics success at that time.

Would you class Moore and Amo as substandard?
I didn't say substandard .I said they are not at the level of Gough and Walters 90's sides . But if picking and choosing names I would say Konterman was substandard and a player Larson enjoyed some success against. during the Mcleish period

Maybe they think they’re being staunch? In reality they just make us look like idiots. There’s no shame in admitting he was a cut above most players to have played in this league, it’s also not even up for debate when you consider his exploits here and have a gander at his stats too.
I have no problem admitting that a septic player is good.
The problem I encounter though is that good isn’t enough for them.
I remember telling a septic supporter that Larsson was top notch, a guy I’d love to have signed for us.
A couple of the level headed ones (I’m not in Glasgow / West central Scotland now) suggest that’s some praise from a bear.
Timmy scumbag though couldn’t accept that.
He was the best import ever, bar none.
Needless to say I couldn’t be bothered allowing the argument to develop other than to say “no, that’d be Laudrup”.
Another time I suggested they’d won a watch with van Dijk.
Suddenly, he was the best centre half in the world, better than Gough who apparently couldn’t hack it in England.
At least he got a shot unlike McNeil or Aitken .

I have no problem admitting that a septic player is good.
The problem I encounter though is that good isn’t enough for them.
I remember telling a septic supporter that Larsson was top notch, a guy I’d love to have signed for us.
A couple of the level headed ones (I’m not in Glasgow / West central Scotland now) suggest that’s some praise from a bear.
Timmy scumbag though couldn’t accept that.
He was the best import ever, bar none.
Needless to say I couldn’t be bothered allowing the argument to develop other than to say “no, that’d be Laudrup”.
Another time I suggested they’d won a watch with van Dijk.
Suddenly, he was the best centre half in the world, better than Gough who apparently couldn’t hack it in England.
At least he got a shot unlike McNeil or Aitken .

That’s tarriars for you. I expect nothing less of them. If they had a similar thread in Laudrup there’d be far less honesty I can assure you.

Think you need to take the blue tinted specs off here mate.

The fact he went on to Man Utd and Barcelona (if I recall correctly he changed a champions league final for Barca that they went on to win) says he was a class player. It's just unfortunate he played for that lot.

I couldn't stand the wee ugly b#ss#, but will freely admit that he was a tremendous player, one of the best I've seen and certainly the best I've seen playing for that lot.
A very intelligent player, used to hate when he got in behind and would almost stop just before he shot, meaning he either got his shot away with composure or the pursuing defender would run into the back of him, meaning a pen + red card. I hated it, but it was a very clever thing to do.

This was a guy who went on to play for a top Man United and Barcelona side but he wasn't very good?
Name others who had that on his CV?

Back