When Morelos signed

Tugboat

Anyone remember on here during the mental caixinha transfer months when there was a rumour of Morelos signing. No one had heard of him.

Cue a few days later and a thread on here had become massive with everyone directly messaging him on Twitter etc telling him to sign.

Think he had changed his status to Rangers player about a week before it was even announced :D:D

FF basically forced him to sign

Time for a cool story bro.

When we signed all the players and people were getting excited about Pena, Cardossa et al I said from day one “Morelos looks like the one with the most raw talent and he could be a star for us”. Just waiting on my call from Ross Wilson.......

Remember him coming on at Fir Park for a very poor Herrera first game of the season. He was very raw

Remember when he first came on. Within a few minutes I thought "this guy is going to be a big star for us"
Mind you I thought the same about Barrie McKay and Bruno Alves so far from infallible.

I still cant believe Pedro subbed him at half time in Luxembourg as the boy was taking up excellent positions in the box, jusy that no one got a pass to him

What a transfer window that was

Messaging morelos

Guys meeting herrera and Pena in Mexican airports

I remember taking pelters for suggesting that, after all the business had been done, our squad still looked rather weak on paper. Grim times.

I recall rumours leaking about how the Mexicans were rotten in training.

The YouTube video looked great but I always remember thinking the goalkeepers in Finland were shite.

That boy will make us a fortune and I will cry man tears when he goes.

They did look shocking as did the pitches but he looked like someone who scored all manner of goals. Belters, shiters and lucky ones off his arse.

I remember taking pelters for suggesting that, after all the business had been done, our squad still looked rather weak on paper. Grim times.

Remember that well.

Think same guy may have told us that Barisic was shite though, so swings and roundabouts.

Since then the improvement in the wee mans game is unbelievable.

I hope he leaves with a medal around his neck.
Its not going to happen but i'd love him to stay long enough for the medals to give him a neck strain .

He may well leave, but I doubt he will receive the same adulation at another club.

How many do? Look at the likes of Wilkins and the career he had yet was idolised by the Rangers support even though he was just seeing out his career with us. As much as people try to blacken our name imo we are the greatest supporters in world football. How many other clubs in the world are pulling in the numbers we did in our troubles?

Was BothwellBear that broke the news I think. He overheard a conversation at Ibrox with his agent if I remember correctly.

Was posted in the Mad Speculation section of the Transfer Thread that had something like 4 million views.

I remember being excited about Pena :eek:

Remember watching him against progres (the night they put us out) and thinking we had signed a donkey.

Sure he was substituted with Dalcio!

Let's be honest tho the Morelos we signed wouldn't be Europa League top goal scorer the development he has shown in his time here has been excellent

No, he probably wouldn't have been.

But...

His raw ability and potential were obvious right from the start though. I remember him scoring in his first league start against Hibs (the infamous cheatin Beaton game I think) and then a few weeks later he bagged a double away to Ross County, including a ridiculously cheeky one where he robbed their keeper. It was clear this boy was no Sebo (with all due respect to big Filip) and I was a fan right away. Started bumping my gums to anybody who would listen that I had a feeling the boy was a special one.

Been an absolute pleasure to watch him develop and improve these last few years and as much as it will pain me when it happens, he's more than ready for a step up to elite league level.

No, he probably wouldn't have been.

But...

His raw ability and potential were obvious right from the start though. I remember him scoring in his first league start against Hibs (the infamous cheatin Beaton game I think) and then a few weeks later he bagged a double away to Ross County, including a ridiculously cheeky one where he robbed their keeper. It was clear this boy was no Sebo (with all due respect to big Filip) and I was a fan right away. Started bumping my gums to anybody who would listen that I had a feeling the boy was a special one.

Been an absolute pleasure to watch him develop and improve these last few years and as much as it will pain me when it happens, he's more than ready for a step up to elite league level.

Agree TBA.

He always had that winners mindset, and that has driven his development.

I’ll be in tears when he gets his much deserved move.

I still cant believe Pedro subbed him at half time in Luxembourg as the boy was taking up excellent positions in the box, jusy that no one got a pass to him
Pretty sure he hurt his knee pretty early in the match. Had to have had something to do with it

I’ve still got the messages.

I remember I messaged him asking if he was signing and “he” replied “If we are one step away from everything coming out”

Posted it on here, he went from 853 followers to a lot more very quickly.

Anyone remember on here during the mental caixinha transfer months when there was a rumour of Morelos signing. No one had heard of him.

Cue a few days later and a thread on here had become massive with everyone directly messaging him on Twitter etc telling him to sign.

Think he had changed his status to Rangers player about a week before it was even announced :D:D

FF basically forced him to sign

We should be due a cut of his sell on fee :D

I’ll be really honest - I can’t even remember him signing.

There’s so many players I can remember coming to the club and posing pitch side at Ibrox, holding the Welcome to Ibrox sign or at the HTC but when I look at pictures of Alfredo signing I can’t remember it at all.

Agree TBA.

He always had that winners mindset, and that has driven his development.

I’ll be in tears when he gets his much deserved move.
A sudden realisation the day he moves on as we celebrate 55 will be astronomical, can't think of anything to compare that scenario to in all my time as a Bear.

El Bufalo has had an incredible effect on all of us throughout his time wearing the shirt.

A terribly sad day when he goes, but we have to move on to more glorious times.

A sudden realisation the day he moves on as we celebrate 55 will be astronomical, can't think of anything to compare that scenario to in all my time as a Bear.

El Bufalo has had an incredible effect on all of us throughout his time wearing the shirt.

A terribly sad day when he goes, but we have to move on to more glorious times.

There’ll be lots of onions about BBL.

But he’s really been our most loved player of this journey back & I just really hope he goes with a league medal. He’ll be in our hearts forever if he does ;)

I remember :)) I was also there when he got his first goal for us v Dunfermline, wasn't really sure what to make of him then but god what a journey he has been on and he has improved month after month.

I remember first seeing him on the bench looking miserable against Motherwell. Predispositioned into thinking he was going to be a dud since the rest of Caxinha's signings were. Oh how i was wrong

Back