When the SFA tried to impose a transfer ban in 2012

Dsmith77

Seven years ago today it was reported that we won a court challenge against the SFA who tried to impose a year long transfer ban after “bringing the game into disrepute”.
The basis for winning this appeal was that it wasn’t one of the sanctions listed in their own regulations!!!!
The question is how long have they really been out to get us for???

Also, in the link below there are a number of related articles to administration and EBT’s showing the extent of the clamour to highlight how bad we were. Compare that to terrible events reported recently...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18248766

There was SO many incredible decisions and made up charges that we often forget. I hope someone has cataloged all the shady dealings and ropey villains involved. It would be a best selling book.
I’d love one of the heart and hand guys to do a series of pods covering the lead up to this nonsense and all the shit we had to deal with.

We must not let it be forgotten

I feel when we get a club museum up and running, along with all our success we should have an area from 2012 showing the level of hatred that was aimed at us and continues to be. Generations of Rangers supporters to come must know what we were up against and what they are up against.

I’d love one of the heart and hand guys to do a series of pods covering the lead up to this nonsense and all the shit we had to deal with.

There's also so much bullsh1t and propaganda that we'd need someone close to story to tell all. McCoist and Traynor are the ones that come to mind.

Seven years ago today it was reported that we won a court challenge against the SFA who tried to impose a year long transfer ban after “bringing the game into disrepute”.
The basis for winning this appeal was that it wasn’t one of the sanctions listed in their own regulations!!!!

Also, in the link below there are a number of related articles to administration and EBT’s showing the extent of the clamour to highlight how bad we were. Compare that to terrible events reported recently...

Good work.

We need to get this out to a wider audience. We need to show the rest of Scottish football that CFC are corrupt to the core. We need the other clubs, and fans of these clubs, to understand the clear agenda CFC have to destroy the only competition they have. They have to realise CFC are no friends of Scottish football and are vigorously pursuing a policy of self protection and self interest.

Good work.

We need to get this out to a wider audience. We need to show the rest of Scottish football that CFC are corrupt to the core. We need the other clubs, and fans of these clubs, to understand the clear agenda CFC have to destroy the only competition they have. They have to realise CFC are no friends of Scottish football and are vigorously pursuing a policy of self protection and self interest.

No one is interested.

They hate us more than they love themselves.

We have a situation where both the main stream media and the present government are conspiring to divert responsibility and the level of enquiry away from specific religions and sporting establishments.

That is a fact

No one is interested.

They hate us more than they love themselves.

We have a situation where both the main stream media and the present government are conspiring to divert responsibility and the level of enquiry away from specific religions and sporting establishments.

That is a fact

We need someone to step forward, a politician, an MSP, an MP, a free thinking journalist, to speak out and expose the corruption that clearly exists within Scottish football.

Did we not end up getting the ban anyway as they made us accept it?

Though the allowed us like 2 days to get players in before it kicked in. Then they fcked up as they gave the ban a calendar time (ie 6 months from x date) instead of a window ban, which meant the ban would have ended on say 29th January and the window closed 31st, so to stop us signing players in the wndow, they closed the scottish window early.

Good work.

This is the bit that gets me and the way that this rhancid 'club like no other' was able to manipulate the narrative to suit it's own agenda and the rest of the clubs followed very much to the detriment of themselves and Scottish football as a whole.

Who also remembers..

- Say No To Newco
- Sell Out Saturday
- Scottish Football is Booming
- Strip The Titles
- 'Illegal Tax Evasion'

Then there was the carve up of the SFL and the enforced merge with the toxic SPL when it became clear that Hearts and Hibs would join us in the 2nd Tier, which would have caused such a power shift that it had Milne of Aberdeen in tears on the steps of Hampden when the clubs initially voted against it!

The standard of our game has dropped so far which is clearly evidenced by the coefficient of our clubs and National team. One only has to look at the Scotland squad selected yesterday, consisting of players from clubs who will fail to make much progress through the European qualifiers and from the English 3rd tier, to appreciate what we as a nation have become.

The only ones to benefit out of this entire sordid affair is the 'club Like no other' and will continue to do so whilst they all hate Rangers more than they love themselves.

Did we not end up getting the ban anyway as they made us accept it?

Though the allowed us like 2 days to get players in before it kicked in. Then they fcked up as they gave the ban a calendar time (ie 6 months from x date) instead of a window ban, which meant the ban would have ended on say 29th January and the window closed 31st, so to stop us signing players in the wndow, they closed the scottish window early.

Yip, we had to take it to join the SFL.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/newco-rangers-accept-12-month-transfer-1167269

So the transfer ban ended on 31st August, 2013, which was a Saturday. However, as it fell on a Saturday, normal practice was to move the last day to the Monday (as the EPL had done).

IIRC the SFA opened especially on the Saturday so they could close the window early as they had fcuked up with the ban they gave us.

Last edited:

When you read that

The SFA AND ALL THE SPFL

really tried to seriously fuk us up

Question 1

Who was the driving force

Question 2

And why

We are the best supported team in Scottish football
Take fans to every ground and fill it for them

Who ever was the driving force should be hounded out of Scottish football
Because it wasn’t football reason they have done that

But we did survive
And we will be stronger

And fuk the lot of you

We would support our team no matter what

If they played in the street

RANGERS SUPPORTERS WOULD SUPPORT FROM THE PAVEMENTS

And that’s what you get when you are born one of us

Our history is clean
Our traditions are there

And Glasgow is blue and always will be

Someone in possession of all the sanctions, fines, decisions and scurrilous claims made against our club in 2012 should really make a powerful infographic.

They were making it up on the fly and directed by Celtic, goaded into action by scumdee united and a concerted game group effort to kick us when we were down.

It’s amazing we have survived these attacks at all.

When you read that

The SFA AND ALL THE SPFL

really tried to seriously fuk us up

Question 1

Who was the driving force

Question 2

And why

We are the best supported team in Scottish football
Take fans to every ground and fill it for them

Who ever was the driving force should be hounded out of Scottish football
Because it wasn’t football reason they have done that

But we did survive
And we will be stronger

And fuk the lot of you

We would support our team no matter what

If they played in the street

RANGERS SUPPORTERS WOULD SUPPORT FROM THE PAVEMENTS

And that’s what you get when you are born one of us

Our history is clean
Our traditions are there

And Glasgow is blue and always will be

Try John Reid,remember his nephew (or whoever it was) glassed a Spanish barman and got jailed there then somehow he mysteriously vanishes from Spanish jail,funny that isn't it!!

I honestly would not be surprised if this went as high as the Scottish government. They hate Rangers as, in their eyes, we are the epitome of everything their politics are against. They have employed the wrong tactics over the years, they have made us hate them and will not get our vote. Maybe trying to get us onside somehow (not that it would work for most) would have helped them gain independance somehow.

Those cunts waited till we were at our lowest ebb before they started going to work on us.

Who can forget Stewart Regan storming out of a meeting with Rangers fans when they dared asked him what was he doing to help a member club during troubled times.

Baron Sex Pest's "Nailed to the floor ...." comments a couple years earlier - make no mistake his murky pawprints were all over this.

I think that's a great idea. Any of those special 7.99 subscribers on here that can suggest it? I'm sure David said in a recent pod that what they ask for, they get.

Those cunts waited till we were at our lowest ebb before they started going to work on us.

Who can forget Stewart Regan storming out of a meeting with Rangers fans when they dared asked him what was he doing to help a member club during troubled times.

Baron Sex Pest's "Nailed to the floor ...." comments a couple years earlier - make no mistake his murky pawprints were all over this.
No doubt in my mind this was orchestrated by Lawwell, and put in to place by Reid, who had the political clout and contacts to damage us.

Reading that back again makes the tamped down rage bubble up again. It’s easy to put what we were subjected to at the back of our minds in this new Gerrard era (although that is bringing its own battles).

When you see it all listed it’s a timely reminder of how we are still hated and were unbelievably cheated back then.
Never forgive, never forget - and there’s no place for bridge-builders in our club and support.

There was SO many incredible decisions and made up charges that we often forget. I hope someone has cataloged all the shady dealings and ropey villains involved. It would be a best selling book.
Every one of their made up charges, that weren't on their list of rules and regulations, ended up with money being taken off Rangers and given to themselves.

I forgot about the 100k fine on top! We were still in administration ffs!!

You can also add the money for finishing 2nd in 2012, which I think was well in excess of £1m and was then divided between the other clubs in the league.
From memory as well, I believe the transfer fee for Steven Davis from Southampton (around £800k) was kept by the SFA due to the turmoil at the club.
If accurate we are talking around £2m basically stolen from us.

Remember when Gretna went into administration the SPL advanced payments to them to help them survive!!

Its been going on for years,although it has got worse since lawell arrived. Look no further than the treatment of Duncan Ferguson.

It goes back much further than that.

Rangers Captain, Willie Woodburn is the last professional footballer to be banned for life in the UK. In 1954, in a League Cup tie against Stirling Albion, Woodburn, playing with a knee injury, took exception to a challenge and retaliated by head-butting a Stirling player. The SFA convened a disciplinary hearing the following month, and the panel decided, taking just four minutes, to suspend Woodburn sine die (a period of time with no fixed end).

Woodburn's disciplinary record? FOUR sendings-off in SEVENTEEN years.

The SFA lifted the ban three years later - when Woodburn was 37, and had retired from the game.

It goes back much further than that.

Rangers Captain, Willie Woodburn is the last professional footballer to be banned for life in the UK. In 1954, in a League Cup tie against Stirling Albion, Woodburn, playing with a knee injury, took exception to a challenge and retaliated by head-butting a Stirling player. The SFA convened a disciplinary hearing the following month, and the panel decided, taking just four minutes, to suspend Woodburn sine die (a period of time with no fixed end).

Woodburn's disciplinary record? FOUR sendings-off in SEVENTEEN years.

The SFA lifted the ban three years later - when Woodburn was 37, and had retired from the game.
Tom Finney the most illustrious English player of his generation who had played against Woodburn on notable occasions, called this ban a 'grave injustice'.

It was probably a criminally enforced injustice as well.
Had it been tested in a court of law I have no doubt that those who imposed it would have been found guilty of breaking the law.
Today it would be laughed out of court.

The biggest myth ever parroted in Scottish football (many of our own should really know better) is that Rangers are or were ever the establishment club.
Being the most successful club is not the same.

Good work.

They don,t care mate .They would rather hate rangers than face up to the truth.

Be good if we had someone dedicated to exposing all the wrongs directed at us

Leagally done

I agree, but would need someone with experience, to go digging. Too much happened, some don't one part and remember other parts. All the information needs to be exposed. This thread is a small part, we won a case against them imposing an illegal ban and fine, yet we had to take it to get entry into the SFL.

Look at Bolton, other clubs are donating to help the non football staff. I'm sure we as fans helped Dundee out. But no one, absolutely no one, tried to offer a sane voice or help in out situation.

It may have been a mob mentality and to me it proves one thing, we are the biggest club in Scotland. You don't try and kill off a club that is not the best.

'BBC Scotland has learned that a number of SPL clubs are extremely disappointed with the ruling.'

And these are the bastards who want us to help finance them? Still it sums up the whole cabal when the two most hateful, obnoxious, sickening pieces of excrement ever to disgrace Scottish football - the current captain and manager of the Paedo Harbourers - are treated like national heroes by the Football authorities, the media and the politicians. (that is without even mentioning Thumbheid).

I agree, but would need someone with experience, to go digging. Too much happened, some don't one part and remember other parts. All the information needs to be exposed. This thread is a small part, we won a case against them imposing an illegal ban and fine, yet we had to take it to get entry into the SFL.

Look at Bolton, other clubs are donating to help the non football staff. I'm sure we as fans helped Dundee out. But no one, absolutely no one, tried to offer a sane voice or help in out situation.

It may have been a mob mentality and to me it proves one thing, we are the biggest club in Scotland. You don't try and kill off a club that is not the best.
Agree mate

Someone like Donald Findlay

Tom Finney the most illustrious English player of his generation who had played against Woodburn on notable occasions, called this ban a 'grave injustice'.

It was probably a criminally enforced injustice as well.
Had it been tested in a court of law I have no doubt that those who imposed it would have been found guilty of breaking the law.
Today it would be laughed out of court.

The biggest myth ever parroted in Scottish football (many of our own should really know better) is that Rangers are or were ever the establishment club.
Being the most successful club is not the same.

It was the Rangers board who decided against taking Woodburn's ban to court. The olayer himself had taken legal advice and was advised that any legal challenge would more than likely be successful. Only the players love of, and respect for, the club dissuaded him from going down the legal route. He made a mistake in my opinion.

I like the idea of that but it would take a lot of research and the potential for slander is off the scale.

Back