When would you cash out?

aldojack

Official Ticketer
Got an obscure bet running picked who will finish 1st and 2nd every group £5 returning 270k with cash out of 70 quid so far but when would you cash or would you keep it running till the end

Got an obscure bet running picked who will finish 1st and 2nd every group £5 returning 270k with cash out of 70 quid so far but when would you cash or would you keep it running till the end
Keep it running for a bit yet if not the full way.

Cash out when the money on offer would be life changing or a significant amount that could change you and your family's life for the better.

You wouldn't want to cash out at £1k then the bet spins. Cashing out at £50k and taking the money would dampen the fact you could have won £270k.

Keep it running for a bit yet if not the full way.
100% the way I look at id prob not have put the bet on for that type of return if it got to the thousands then it would give me a decision :D thing is still very early just takes one bad result but so far so good

Cash out when the money on offer would be life changing or a significant amount that could change you and your family's life for the better.

You wouldn't want to cash out at £1k then the bet spins. Cashing out at £50k and taking the money would dampen the fact you could have won £270k.
Guy I know cashed out for £1337, the bet paying £29,879 came in.

This was last week.

Cash out when you feel that the amount you return is enough to make a difference to your life in whatever way you choose.

Then forget the outcome.

If the outcome bothers you that much - let it run. You’ll only ever lose a fiver

You only ever stand to loose five quid you didn't bet it because you thought it would loose! Let it roll

I've a rule with myself that when I make a bet I stick with it balls deep. I don't even look at it when its in play. Don't need the stress. What will be will be.

Cashing out is a no go.. you placed a bet ye thought had a chance just ride it out lol imagine cashing out and the bets a winner that would be worse than losing if you ask me lol

Guy I know cashed out for £1337, the bet paying £29,879 came in.

This was last week.

Good, serves him right.

I'm in a betting Facebook group and a few weeks ago someone had a £2 bet on that returned something silly like that £20k. The stupid prick cashed it out for about £3 just after one of the kick offs.

Those figures might not be 100% correct but that was the gist of it.

Zero sympathy at all.

There is absolutely no way to know the time to cash out, until one second after the correct time.

This is the exact same problem that you have in the CryptoCurrency and GameStop threads in the lounge.

You need to decide what guaranteed win you would deem to be an amount worth sacrificing the jackpot for, and you also need to be sure that a penny below that is not worth taking.

I also assume that you know the bookie is the winner in almost all cash out situations... They don't offer it to be customer friendly!

Not sure £70 is the point I'd be in FF asking though!

Last edited:
Wait and see what happens with it. If the sums become life changing then see how you can potentially use a fraction of it to see out the original bet

Cash outs are statistically weighted in the bookies favour. If you fancied a bet enough to stake it originally, and assuming you can afford the loss. Always let it ride.

Two bets I wish I cashed out/laid off still haunt me.

Seahawks to win the super bowl in week 7 or so placed it for £100 to get £2k. They had poor start to the season but were getting healthy with soft run of games. 14 points up in the 4th quarter and still lost to the fucking patriots. I could have but another £100 down to lock in £1.9k at worst. I didn’t.

Spurs v Liverpool BTTS but Liverpool to win. Along with 3 others that had already came in. When Liverpool won and scored the first minute pk my cash out bounced to £800 but everyone in the pub including me said let it run. £2k again missed out on. Spurs were toothless that night.

Don't really understand what has happened to make the cash out go up even by that small amount.
Probably belguim and finland for 1st and 2nd that was 10/1 all the other results have been favourable so far, wales drawing is the only result that wasnt perfect for me so far

Surely keep it until every groups played at least 2 games.

I tried to cash out on a bet few weeks ago in injury time to make a small profit. Clicked cash out but it wouldn't let me. Two goals were scored in injury time and I won a grand.

It’s a fiver you lose not the money you never had.

although I’d twitch if was into thousands lol
Technically correct as it is only £5 out of your account but also I always think this view is a little simplistic.

if you are being offered say £10k then that is technically your money at that point as you can instantly take that. You then should ask yourself perhaps, would I put £10k of my own money on the remaining bet if I had it sat in my savings account.

Technically correct as it is only £5 out of your account but also I always think this view is a little simplistic.

if you are being offered say £10k then that is technically your money at that point as you can instantly take that. You then should ask yourself perhaps, would I put £10k of my own money on the remaining bet if I had it sat in my savings account.
Course.

I’m only meaning it as if it’s 70 quid into a multiple thousands on the table. Let it run.

Wouldn’t lie I’d be tempted at 10 large though. Haha

That is the sensible course of action for a guy who places £5 bets.
Anyone who does not take £10k in these circumstances is a lunatic of ShengusfuckinMalengus proportions. :eek:
This bet is over 36 matches in total, it would only take one bad result and the £10k is gone forever. I would be out long before it reached £10k.

PS It goes witbout saying that I am an utter shitebag when it comes to betting.:mad:

The worst one I had was a few years back. I had 3 score and wins (BTTS and result). Had £10 on to return £440. First two games came in. Came to the final game and had Madrid BTTS. 81 mins in and Madrid were 2-0 down. I was being offered my stake back which I thought was generous and I cashed out for it to recycle it and put in back on another coupon.

Can anyone guess what happened next? Yes, Madrid scored 3 goals and I was left sickened. Since then I’ve vowed never to cash out.

Back