Where are C1872?

There obviously an increasingly negative view of C1872 on here, but given that those wielding power haven’t seemingly bothered embarking on any charm offensive to win over the wider Rangers fanbase, can we take from this that there’s still considerable support for them amongst it?

If not, how are they intending on achieving their core objectives?

I don’t know why you are having a go at me, have you read over the thread posters flinging their toys out the pram all over the place.

As I pointed out Club1872 didn’t have a dog in either fight, had they made a statement the same ones on here would be on giving it what is it to do with them.

However just to make it clear I have been doing my bit here is my post from the other week, before the incident with the UB, have a look at my last post I made on it before bumping it for you.

Who is having a go at you??

You came on the thread and told me, explicitly, that I was part of the problem for perpetuating a fan fight, and told me I should be doing things towards helping the wider support, such as reporting crimes etc.

You told me that instead of bitching about things on here, I should be active.

Well, I am doing both, thanks, and I consider a fan group in name only, who are happy to contact folk's employers, plaster names all over social media, fight their corner when it comes to defending themselves but utterly silent on the broader issues a disgrace who need to get their act together and start doing the things they claim they do.

Because the H and H guys and the UB can defend themselves C1872 are fine in doing nothing? Worst. Defence. Ever.

Since we beat the scum we have seen a steadily growing series of attacks that now include such base activities as people’s employers being contacted, innocuous tweets elevated to racism by gutter hacks and a growing level of ‘official’ noise.

The club is in a difficult position on this and has no track record of weighing in on political matters anyway, but a group of people who purportedly represent the whole support are silent. I think it is an utter disgrace, being blunt.

We are badly in need of leadership, vocal support and a clear message from anyone with a profile to give it. From the side of the support there is o my one viable candidate as things stand and they are silent to the point of negligence.

Perhaps they are too busy contacting other Rangers supporters employers?
Objectivity on FF.
Never catch on.

The SLO should be putting out statements of the Supporters concern if the Board are not going to, the word Liaison should be used for every outlet in society from the biased mhedia to Police Scotland to any MSP who wants to blacken the name of our club fanbase with lies & deceit and ask for parity and why it cannot be given?
Lol the only time you hear from the SLO is if there is a thread on the Louden, bloody useless.

I don’t know why you are having a go at me, have you read over the thread posters flinging their toys out the pram all over the place.

As I pointed out Club1872 didn’t have a dog in either fight, had they made a statement the same ones on here would be on giving it what is it to do with them.

However just to make it clear I have been doing my bit here is my post from the other week, before the incident with the UB, have a look at my last post I made on it before bumping it for you.

Is it just me that thinks a coward like you embarrasses real Rangers fans?

Their is no place for racists in the Rangers support, but personally, I have little appetite to be associated with people like you.

The SLO should be putting out statements of the Supporters concern if the Board are not going to, the word Liaison should be used for every outlet in society from the biased mhedia to Police Scotland to any MSP who wants to blacken the name of our club fanbase with lies & deceit and ask for parity and why it cannot be given?
With respect, I disagree. The "liaison" in that context is between the club and the supporters. The role is to advocate for the fans with the club and the club with the fans. I don't think the role is to represent the fans in public, merely with the club.

I would like to think he is currently encouraging the club to stand by H&H and to take action to further isolate the publications who've declared war on the fans, but I don't think he should be fighting that war externally. Not in an official capacity anyway.

Club 1872 resembles a fly that's just been sprayed with Fly Killer. They've just had their little mad, mental buzz about the window frame....
They are now lying on their backs with their legs in the air waiting for the inevitable.

Is it just me that thinks a coward like you embarrasses real Rangers fans?

Their is no place for racists in the Rangers support, but personally, I have little appetite to be associated with people like you.

I hope you have tagged my post in error.

If not I’ll take a ban for this but who the fcuk you calling a coward ?

CD6 any home game, most away and Euro trips you can say it to my face, big man hiding behind a keyboard calling me a coward

I hope you have tagged my post in error.

If not I’ll take a ban for this but who the fcuk you calling a coward ?

CD6 any home game, most away and Euro trips you can say it to my face, big man hiding behind a keyboard calling me a coward
Seems good.
See you in Prague.
Happily say it to your face.
Your attitude is pathetic.

Although I'll need to travel away from the Rangers fans to where you are hiding.

Or you could come to where bears are congregating.
You could take a few photos and shop a few bears on your way.

Can always tell a lot about people who take personal criticism so personally yet could not give one fuck about anyone else in the Rangers family, or the Rangers family collectively.

Last edited:
Seems good.
See you in Copenhagen.
Happily say it to your face.
Your attitude is pathetic.

Although I'll need to travel away from the Rangers fans to where you are hiding.

Or you could come to where bears are congregating.
You could take a few photos and shop a few bears on your way.

Seriously, I don’t even know where to start with this. I think you want to have a read over my posts and your own as you are making an absolute tool of yourself here, but yes I will be in Copenhagen meeting up with the boys I usually do from down south, Germany, Italy and Switzerland who can go everywhere following us but not embarrassing the Club.

Seriously, I don’t even know where to start with this. I think you want to have a read over my posts and your own as you are making an absolute tool of yourself here, but yes I will be in Copenhagen meeting up with the boys I usually do from down south, Germany, Italy and Switzerland who can go everywhere following us but not embarrassing the Club.
You posted what I would personally class as diarrhoea (several days ago if memory serves, but either way, the point stands) blaming fans for not changing.
We have been bettering ourselves for 40 years now.
While the scum across the city go backwards.

As we've moved from 1986 -2021 they have regressed from 1978 to 1916.

They are scum and sectarian bigots.
And I include police scotland hierarchy, GCC and more than a handful of MSPs in that.

The whole of Scotland is now an affront to actual racism, while we allow bigots and the sectarian amongst us to hijack the word to demonise those they perceive to be protestant and unionist.
And claim as Scottish Catholics taught in apartheid schools, to be the victims of racism.

To expect your own fans from dysfunctional families, those with learning difficulties, those poorly educated and those with issues ranging from anger management to Tourettes, to behave in a manner exceeding the conduct of the Scottish Parliament, Police Scotland and Glasgow council, when that is an impossibility, then attack them, is somewhat cowardly in my opinion.

You can avoid your fellow fans and blame them.
That's your right.

But as much as racism should never be accepted at Ibrox and isn't, neither should we accept that we are the problem, while bigots from Holyrood to the Universities in Glasgow continue to publicly peddle bigotry.

If you are going to talk down fellow fans of a club with a British and Protestant, inclusive ethos, I think you are a coward.

As is my right to free thought.

Britain is a Christian country, people from countries and religions all over the world are invited in to live and work, follow their way of life while integrate into British culture where possible.

Rangers are a club with a Protestant and Unionist history, open to all, tolerant and respectful. Anyone who doesn't like that may be better served following Patrick Thistle in Europe , or as journalists, take their bigotry elsewhere.

Again. I only speak for myself, but the attacks on our fans this week have been disgusting and those from those who follow Rangers are 10 times worse in my opinion.

My thoughts are that a food percentage of us still have to wake up.

Probably fighting with themselves or other Rangers fans. It's far from idea having a go at these kind of groups but they don't seem to be there when required. Which is just so very sad.

That is part of our problem.

Fans in fighting.

The latest issues are concerning The UB and Heart and Hand members, both are well organised enough to defend themselves.

Instead of bitching on here be a bit more productive and report instances of hate crimes you probably would have laughed off, you may think they celtic fans you are related to or work with are your pal, behind your back you are their enemy. They are ours the gloves are off. Dig out the old tweets, group messages they have sent you expose them before they do you,
It’s not about “infighting”.

Being the incumbent in any democratically run organisation does not put you above criticism or challenge.

All we (the requisitioners) have done is ask the membership (without a single personal attack) whether or not they are satisfied with the performance and governance of C1872.

IMHO we were entitled to do this having mustered the support for our 6 resolutions from the required number of members.

Again, (for the moment) IMHO it was correct of us to expect all 6 resolutions and our supporting position to be made available to all members.

had that happened and the incumbents had won then the resolution would have been defeated.

not infighting, appropriate governance.

Just an example as to why Rangers fans have next to zero chance of having a fans organisation that can move forward with a united front

Anyone? You would have hoped that they would be front and centre of things when a whole host of bigotry and anti-British racism was found and brought to the public eye specifically targeting Rangers fans.

That’s not what an SLO is there for bud.

my role is to communicate fans opinion to the club and the club’s opinions to fans.

I’m not an independent fans representative. I feel, we do need independent fans organisations to ensure that the interests of fans are best served with 3rd parties beyond the club.

As always I’m happy to support any such organisation.

Daily record sets up supporters who blog with police complaints, doxxing, and general fuckery. No comment.

Supporters rally around fans, go on offensive and leave a few open goals for a fans group to tap in regarding politicians, 'comedians', journalists and media employees. No comment.

Politicians, scum, Britain wide press pile on the club's support after the club keeps quiet over why Sutton and Lennon were not allowed to enter the stadium. Narrative is set that Rangers supporters could not be trusted. Excellent opportunity for C1872 to both work alongside the club and to defend the people it claims to represent. No comment.

Since the scraped victory in the loaded vote vs the requisitioners, they have simply confirmed the concerns levied at them.

They are not fit for purpose.

It's absolutely astonishing how quiet club 1872 have been considering everything that has happened post celtic game. An all round useless organisation

Anyone? You would have hoped that they would be front and centre of things when a whole host of bigotry and anti-British racism was found and brought to the public eye specifically targeting Rangers fans.
The only time they come out swinging is when they're accused of being useless cunts.
It’s obvious that they simply don’t care. I’m a Trust heritage lifetime member and also a Club heritage member through contributions and I just despair that they have deserted from the field of conflict at our time of need. Why should we continue to contribute to what seems like a wee private cabal?

I sent a message to them via their Facebook page asking why we haven't heard from them when presented with an open goal.

Still awaiting a response.

I'm hugely disappointed and more than a little angry that when we as a support (their contributers) are being battered from pillar to post, we're hearing nothing from them.

I wasn't in complete favour of the merger from The RST which led to the formation of C1872 and took a fair bit of persuading to actually get on board with it, but I eventually joined as I felt it was the best vehicle for us as a support to achieve fan representation.

I'm now starting to seriously doubt that.

I think the head honchos have complete contempt and a lack of respect and consideration for Rangers fans in general - and not just those who have publicly criticised and opposed them.
It looks like C1872 is seen by them as a platform for promoting their own egos and ingratiating themselves to club officials, or former club officials, as the case may be.

Blazer chasers and full of their own self importance. Absolutely tragic that lot being at the helm with so little care for their shareholders

If we stop our DDs does that prevent us from getting a vote the next time their is a leadership challenge ?

If we stop our DDs does that prevent us from getting a vote the next time their is a leadership challenge ?
Yes, unless you're a life from the RST. Not sure of RF done life memberships that carry over as RST do.

On topic, the logic behind their current strategy isn't making sense. As if Murray or Bain are coaching them.

I've cancelled my DD's to them for both me and my son, my previous RST membership carried over though, just scunnered with their silence over the last 6 months when we had issues but coming out fighting to save themselves when questioned.

To busy trying to find dirt to keep their ‘jobs’

I was very much in the mind to give them the benefit of the doubt having bet them and come to the conclusion they are decent rangers folk.

but the very purpose of a fans body is to look after the interests of the fans. They get a 0/10 on this score and it’s too late to recover.

standing up for the fans isn’t difficult. Seems so many struggle to do it. Shame

Yes, unless you're a life from the RST. Not sure of RF done life memberships that carry over as RST do.

On topic, the logic behind their current strategy isn't making sense. As if Murray or Bain are coaching them.
I’ve got a lifetime vote but feel as though I have no power because they are a self supporting cabal with no interest in Rangers just their own powers.

Thank you - I was an original C1872 member, paid the subs monthly and then went to the 50 per month - always gave it benefit of doubt - think I've just have put in nearly £2000 and feel badly treated as an individual leaving aside any wider concerns.

Thank you - I was an original C1872 member, paid the subs monthly and then went to the 50 per month - always gave it benefit of doubt - think I've just have put in nearly £2000 and feel badly treated as an individual leaving aside any wider concerns.
Quantifying and articulating your monetary investment with no return on fan engagement or high profile campaigns on behalf of the club and support should be of a concern to investors.

Must admit, I miss the RST's campaigning and zero fucks to anyone or organisation that wishes harm on us.

At a time when they are needed most, Club blazer 72 are arguing amongst themselves for control of what is supposed to be a titular position. Very predictable

Since we beat the scum we have seen a steadily growing series of attacks that now include such base activities as people’s employers being contacted, innocuous tweets elevated to racism by gutter hacks and a growing level of ‘official’ noise.

The club is in a difficult position on this and has no track record of weighing in on political matters anyway, but a group of people who purportedly represent the whole support are silent. I think it is an utter disgrace, being blunt.

We are badly in need of leadership, vocal support and a clear message from anyone with a profile to give it. From the side of the support there is o my one viable candidate as things stand and they are silent to the point of negligence.

Perhaps they are too busy contacting other Rangers supporters employers?
Charlatans

Back