Where are C1872?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I'm no longer a member, havent been for a good while, but where are they? I havent heard a peep from them.

They are a fans representation group and with this clusterfuck of a plan in Australia, they should be front and centre in this.

Are they still functioning?

They’ll certainly be laughing out loud at the pounding the board are taking that’s for sure,

Surprised they have released a statement tbh slaughtering it

C1872 now only exist to have a pop at the current board. Otherwise they are radio silent for the rest of the year.

I agree with their statement. However they lack credibility by their radio silence throughout the year makes it all worthless. How about they speak up on a topic of conversation that doesn’t slate the current board. There was an incident recently where the support were being tarnished and it was crying out for C1872 to protect the fans. I’ve completely forgot what it was as there’s so many incidents each year where we are attacked.

The FOIs they used to do on the behalf of fans were excellent - Kilmarnock crushing incident, BBC and Glasgow Council - but now their full focus is on attacking the board and recouping Dave’s money.

It’s also obvious that Chris Jack is c1872 and King’s go to media guy.

Imagine a day when we had a fan group or even fan groups that all had the same common goal, the betterment of Rangers, and not a sanctimonious shower of blazer chasers?

How about you ignore me. You only want to be force fed one opinion?
Nah. You'd like that wouldn't you? Everyone willing to challenge you on your hijacking of these threads just to ignore you and let you carry on incessantly. I'll retain my right to see what you post and respond to it if that's all right with you.

I don't have an axe to grind in this subject (obviously unlike you) and I'm still pretty neutral on the whole subject. So, I don't want force fed anything but it doesn't surprise me that someone so entrenched and obsessive would make something like that up just to try and justify their own behaviour.

Don't you see that it's exactly posts like this that exposes you're irrationality on the subject and points at your being involved personally with C1872 somehow, even to people like myself that have none with either side.

You post about virtually nothing else. You destroy these threads. But maybe that's your objective.

Nah. You'd like that wouldn't you? Everyone willing to challenge you on your hijacking of these threads just to ignore you and let you carry on incessantly. I'll retain my right to see what you post and respond to it if that's all right with you.

I don't have an axe to grind in this subject (obviously unlike you) and I'm still pretty neutral on the whole subject. So, I don't want force fed anything but it doesn't surprise me that someone so entrenched and obsessive would make something like that up just to try and justify their own behaviour.

Don't you see that it's exactly posts like this that exposes you're irrationality on the subject and points at your being involved personally with C1872 somehow, even to people like myself that have none, one way or another.

You post about virtually nothing else. You destroy these threads. But maybe that's your objective.

I don't care if you ignore me or not but clearly I'm bothering you hence the big nonsense reply.

Sounds to me that you just don't want to hear someone go out their way to defend club1872 which is all I'm guilty of. Never attack anyone personally, always state my opinion in a reasonable manner.

Would have been better had they outlined reasons why the support don't want involved.
Perhaps the boots on the ground support will but then the media will acuse them of point scoring

Anti Board opportunity and a statements oot quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.
And if they do nothing, people post where are Club1872 in all this. It's a can't win situation. For what it's worth, I would like to be involved in Club1872 but completely refunction their purpose towards buying shares. Buying shares should be their entire purpose and that extends to their projects and statements for me. Expecting one organization to cover everything that we apparently want them to as a support seems infeasible. I'm sure that people who were really upset at the idea of buying King's shares and backed the board entirely there might need to revisit that with today's updates showing how out of touch they appear to be with the core Rangers support.

And if they do nothing, people post where are Club1872 in all this. It's a can't win situation. For what it's worth, I would like to be involved in Club1872 but completely refunction their purpose towards buying shares. Buying shares should be their entire purpose and that extends to their projects and statements for me. Expecting one organization to cover everything that we apparently want them to as a support seems infeasible.
Just ironic that this is the one thing they are incredibly efficient at. That's my only point.

And I find it ironic that the vast majority of criticisms being leveled against them were by a guy who's advocating this ridiculously bad decision openly on other threads
Their message and the fact I agree with it is not important. That wasn't the point and you know it. My point was about their speed and efficiency. Is this the new them? Fast, Concise , Efficient?

I'm no longer a member, havent been for a good while, but where are they? I havent heard a peep from them.

They are a fans representation group and with this clusterfuck of a plan in Australia, they should be front and centre in this.

Are they still functioning?
They’ve written to the club seemingly.

And I find it ironic that the vast majority of criticisms being leveled against them were by a guy who's advocating this ridiculously bad decision openly on other threads.
I levelled many criticisms at them - and they failed to offer any factual rebuttal.

But on this issue, I agree with their position. As I’ve agreed with a few of their positions in the past. Like @mdingwall though, I can’t help thinking it’s not coincidence that they’ve again been quick to speak when presented an opportunity to attck the Board, and Robertson in particular.

Whatever their motives though, they’re right to question this decision.

Back