Where should Bassey play on Thursday?

It completely depends on what Borna turns up. If it's peak Borna, bombing up and down, slinging in dangerous crosses and looking deadly from set pieces then you play him.

A good Barisic performance at left back is still better than a good Bassey performance.

CB.

Borna seems to be a more composed figure in Europe and like its been mentioned above, his delivery and set pieces could be crucial.

Big decision for Gio to make. I would be tempted to play Balogun and play him at left back.
Agreed.

Offensive must be the priority. Bassey offers more by getting to the byline than Barasic. High energy and pace to give more than Borna.

I like Borna and his delivery from just in the final 3rd are superb but I'd go Bassey LB on Thursday with Balogun and Goldson at CH

CB

Borna was poor Sunday which suggests he might be excellent Thursday

Need his set pieces - Borna
Borna was poor on Sunday, but Balogun has looked shaky recently too. I'd go with Bassey and Borna.

Has to be centre back.

I think we need his speed and power in that area.

I didn’t find them to be particularly quick in the wide areas.

I’d play him at LB and bring Balogun in.

Bassey will drive us forward and Balogun brings another big target from set pieces.

Ibrox preferably

Honestly, I'm not sure. Borna's delivery is better, and I feel that's key to a result on Thursday

CB

Was fine apart from the goal - put some good crosses in that if Roofe is back available will be very useful to us.

Borna and Bassey for me.

Barasic is one of the weakest defenders i have seen play with Rangers.

And by that I mean in the air and in tackles.
There are some aspects of Bornas defending which are poor, stopping crosses and getting caught sleeping.

His aerial defending is excellent

CB.

Need his recovery pace in there and his long range passing ala Braga should help us try to get in down the flanks.

Wonder if we'll see the back three/five again. Goldson/Lundstram/Bassey with Lundstram stepping into midfield as needed, and Bassey alternating with Barisic on the left as Robertson/Tierney do for Scotland.

I love Bassey's versatility but from next season we need to get him nailed down in a position, it's the best thing for his development.

CB

It's time Borna banged in a free kick. Well over due. But it's balogun for me and Shirley down the left. Need Baloguns pace and Shirley can put them in the back foot. They hate that.

Cb for me and borna left back. Balogun is a squad player at best for me and isnt great in the bigger games. Lundstrum again on sunday proved he has to play midfield for us to dominate in there as on thursday we will have to be a bit more open then we were over there

Has to be CB don’t realise how fortunate it is that both our fullbacks have the ability to swing in a great cross more often than not, I’d be inclined to also play sakala as a second striker, just off roofe and have Kent switching from either side

Depends if Borna tweaked his hammy in the last min of the game or not. He definately held it after tackle on edge of box

Got to be CB and I’d like to see us go the versatile back 3 or 4 with Lundstram dropping into defence and out to midfield!
McGreggor
Tav Goldson Lundstram Bassey Borna
Jack Aribo
Sakala Roofe Kent

Lots of different permutations with those players than can be tweaked depending on how the game is going!

The biggest compliment I could pay Bassey is that I wish there was two of him. One to play centre half and one to play left back.

Personally would go with him at centre half. You’ll be able to tell early on if Borna fancies it and if it’s clear he doesn’t then bring Balogun on and push Bassey out there.

He is now our most effective centre back and left back! It's a bit of a nightmare.

Who'd have thought after that loss in Prague back in October or so that Bassey and Lundstram would be two of the first names on the team sheet in the second leg of a European semi-final? Love this game!

Bassey is better at CB than LB. The way he presses from CB is brilliant and is also very fast at recovering

LB. He was playing his second lot of extra time within a few days yet still had the energy to run like a majestic stallion to set up our winner in the semi.

These type of questions are keeping me awake at night.
At the moment I think we play Bassey as LB and bring back Balogun as CH, with Borna dropped.
Bassey's pace going forward and his crossing are what we need.
But ask me again tomorrow and I will have changed my mind with a back 4 of Tav Goldson Bassey Borna.
My heads wasted with Thurs!

Wonder if we'll see the back three/five again. Goldson/Lundstram/Bassey with Lundstram stepping into midfield as needed, and Bassey alternating with Barisic on the left as Robertson/Tierney do for Scotland.

I love Bassey's versatility but from next season we need to get him nailed down in a position, it's the best thing for his development.
I think that’s how we will start but with the fullbacks further up than in Germany.

LB, as I’ve noticed Bassey from time to time wanders out left when he is playing CB.
He must have it in the back of his mind and momentarily forgets.

If Roofe plays I think your better off with Barisic at LB to feed him with dangerous balls, so Bassey at CB for me.

Back