Where to watch the game on Saturday in Funchal, Madeira?

the_baron

Yeah another one of these threads.

Usually watch most games on my phone when I'm abroad but this game feels too big to watch on a 6 inch screen.

Anyone know anywhere in Funchal likely to have it on?

Can't help with bars but it's on Sport TV2 in Portugal so hopefully a friendly barman will stick it on for you.

Perfect, sure I'll find somewhere if it's on Portuguese TV, cheers!

Just checked the hotel room TV there and only have Sport TV+ unfortunately.
After my first post I remembered seeing an Irish bar there - googled it and I think it was this place. They claim to have plenty screens and will put on what you want to watch.

I watched Rangers in Pub Nuimber 2 in December mate, plenty of screens.

I heard Prince Albert is another.
I'm frequent visitor to Funchal, watched Gers games in both Prince Albert and No 2 pub, both have a few screens. Could always start at Prince Albert, walk across the road to Moynihans then walk up to Pub No2, all on the same wee stretch of road behind the new big Royal Savoy recently opened. Enjoy, going there in October

Yeah another one of these threads.

Usually watch most games on my phone when I'm abroad but this game feels too big to watch on a 6 inch screen.

Anyone know anywhere in Funchal likely to have it on?

Might be some useful info here, might be out of date.

You could get a flight back to Glasgow Airport, the Glasgow Airport Express to Buchanan St bus station, walk down to Queen Street, get the low level to Partick then the underground back to St Enoch and walk the rest of the way to Oswalds. Same back but in reverse.

Moynihans is the place we watch the Rangers games every time over,an Irish pub yes but more of a golf,rugby fans pub.You can actually message them and ask if the games on,Im 100% sure it will.Love Madeira,back in November,hope the hope the sea fronts upgrade is finnished by then.If you get the chance,visit Nuns valley..wow.Nae Nuns there now honest.;)

I,ve sent them a message mate,will post their reply..

Moynihans,Yes, we are. We expect to be very busy so I would recommend arriving early.

There you go.Enjoy.

Last edited:
Moynihans is the place we watch the Rangers games every time over,an Irish pub yes but more of a golf,rugby fans pub.You can actually message them and ask if the games on,Im 100% sure it will.Love Madeira,back in November,hope the hope the sea fronts upgrade is finnished by then.If you get the chance,visit Nuns valley..wow.Nae Nuns there now honest.;)

Moynihans,Yes, we are. We expect to be very busy so I would recommend arriving early.

There you go.Enjoy.

We went for the first time for Christmas and it was something else. We hired a car and seen lots of the island, still a lot to see though.

Pub no 2 we watched a game in and they were nice enough just asked them to stick it on for me.

We sadly flew home on Hogmanay and missed the fireworks, supposed to be something else so we will be back one year for sure.

We usually go for 2 weeks early November,going the 22nd this year as the Wife wants to experience the xmas lights.One year we,ll do New years eve,the displays are somthing else.

There you go.Enjoy.

Brilliant mate, will go there. Much appreciated

Jealous, love Madeira and Funchal.

Been a few years but there was a wee place on the Lido i would watch our games. The first time i went i logged in with my RangersTV account but they ended up with a few in so when i went for the next game they had got their own account. I liked that.

Sounds like you have a good place though, enjoy!

Jealous, love Madeira and Funchal.

Been a few years but there was a wee place on the Lido i would watch our games. The first time i went i logged in with my RangersTV account but they ended up with a few in so when i went for the next game they had got their own account. I liked that.

Sounds like you have a good place though, enjoy!
Moynihans have a Rangers Tv account aswell.Last November we were in for the semi final against Hearts,we sat in the seated area outside.

There was an Epl game that day too,Forest maybe? And there was a good few lads in for that one,manager asked if we minded watching upstairs instead as it was just the 2 of us,no we don,t mind,had it all to ourselves and Tom Miller popped up on screen,I thought fair do,s for either the Rtv account or hacked fire stick haha!

I once walked by a bakers which had a sign in the window "All cakes £1".
I went in and picked two only for the woman behind the counter to try charge me £6.

I said to her "I thought all cakes were £1??.
She replied "Those ones are madeira cakes" B-D
15e03c8ce62516efe4b1faba1c9e01ce_w200.webp

I watched one of our games in Monihans Irish bar when on a cruise that stopped there

Although they say it’s an Irish bar it is actually only for the tourists and more bears were in there than Tims

There you go.Enjoy.
Another vote for Moynihans. Were always very accommodating and even put a Rangers game on for me when we were in the Championship. Quite literally me and a dug had the upstairs to ourselves. Downstairs all just guys watching the English football. No rabids in sight. Been back a few times, though not since lockdown. Irish owned at that time. Youngish couple and they're sound. Decent bit of pub grub too.

I'm frequent visitor to Funchal, watched Gers games in both Prince Albert and No 2 pub, both have a few screens. Could always start at Prince Albert, walk across the road to Moynihans then walk up to Pub No2, all on the same wee stretch of road behind the new big Royal Savoy recently opened. Enjoy, going there in October
Think I watched it around there. Maybe the Irish one. Lot in watching it but there was definitely more of us than them. Got it right up them when we scored and won.

Back