Where was it won?

I think coming away from Easter Road in tact was a big one for me.

I could make various claims though.

Motherwell
mentally challengeds
Sheep
Lennon’s post match press after they had been knocked out of the CL when he said that several of his players didn’t want to play for them and wanted out that was the signal that they were finished

First OF game. Players could have played in slippers, dressing gowns and cravates and MacGregor could have sat in his gaming chair playing PS5 such was our control.
Coming right after their Euro doings done them mentally.
They had engineered the date of the game to suit them don't forget.

I could even trace it back to earlier OF games season before where we sowed the seeds. in their mentality.

(were they always mentally weak but had never been challenged?)
That point is often missed how they manipulated that first OF game ,to be put back,expecting maybie crowds allowed back, backfired big time on them ,and how

My nerves for the season disappeared at 12:39 on the 17th of October but I knew the league was won after the game on the 2nd of Jan.

Last edited:
Beating Motherwell 3-1 at Ibrox against 10 men behind the ball, last 2 seasons we wouldn't have scored against that eventually becoming devoid of all ideas

2nd Jan. When they were trooping off Ibrox their body language said ''we're fucked '' that was their last chance.
When we went to Lisbon and were up 3-1 I knew we had a great team and would be hard to beat by anyone.
Also, stupid Lennon helped by going public and saying there were players at Torbett Town that did not want to be there. They were a shambles and we were fantastic.
Long may it continue.
LV

Back