Where would Rangers finish in the English championship.

I find it staggering how many people think Rangers would fly through one of the most competitive and physical leagues you will find.
There are 9 points between 3rd & 13th place just now

The Championship is a graveyard of extra-EPL teams who couldn’t spend their way back in and have been drawn into an incredibly expensive financial arms race of buying players in their way up or down who might make enough of a difference to edge then into the top 3 by April/May.
All to win the opportunity to be promoted and spend the next season getting horsed by teams in the same league with multiple times your budget.

I find it staggering how many people think Rangers would fly through one of the most competitive and physical leagues you will find.
There are 9 points between 3rd & 13th place just now

The Championship is a graveyard of extra-EPL teams who couldn’t spend their way back in and have been drawn into an incredibly expensive financial arms race of buying players in their way up or down who might make enough of a difference to edge then into the top 3 by April/May.
All to win the opportunity to be promoted and spend the next season getting horsed by teams in the same league with multiple times your budget.
I certainly dont think we would fly through it i am 100 per cent sure we wouldnt, but i find it staggering that due to 24 hour tv coverage some posters have not worked out a lot of this money is wasted on dross. Someone worth 10m in the championship or bottom EPL might well have less quality or ability than a 1m signing in a league that does not recieve the same coverage.

And yes i understand Rangers make poor signings too.

The current Rangers squad is a complete mess yet it would still be comfortably good enough to win the English Championship

If you watch the championship you’ll see the quality is dreadful. I’d fancy Hearts to finish in the play off spots if we were to throw them in as well

The TV money is about £8m which includes the payment received from the Premier League’s TV deal (£4.5m), the equal share pay out from Football League’s TV deal (£2.5m) and the payment received for actually being on TV somewhere between £10 and £100k
I think that we probably got more than that in gate receipts, let alone in prize/appearance money.
I thought it would be a lot more than that to be honest. Makes you wonder where clubs get money to throw around at dross

I thought it would be a lot more than that to be honest. Makes you wonder where clubs get money to throw around at dross
I think that it's usually debt that they use. That's why they can end up in league one instead if they don't make the Premiership quickly

If Rangers was in the English Championship, or English Premier League. We would get a shit load more TV money for a start, More sponsorship, easier to attract players etc we would smash it.

We shouldn't be asking where we would finish down south but ask where would any of the top EPL finish up here. Sure they would walk the treble in their first season but when they get handed their max 5m cheque for the season, they'd collapse the following season. Prize money up here would barely cover a top player's wages.

Back