Which goal was better? Greig v Vanoli

Better goal?

• Greig

Votes: 96 43.2%
  • Vanoli

Votes: 126 56.8%

• Total voters
2 cracking goals. Vanoli probably never scored a better goal in his career. Some dig. Went for John Greig though because... well, he's John Greig.

Vanoli for me as i was at that game, Unfortunately i can remember the only other goal he was involved in for us at Dunfermline., A case of from the sublime to the ridiculous

Taking all sentiment out of it, Vanoli’s strike was better.
John Greig however is truly “the legend”

In the last week I've managed to get John Greig to lose a poll and Brian Laudrup to lose two.

I doubt I'll sleep tonight.

Would always vote John Greig whether it was the best goal or not, Greig always a winner with me

The poll today compares 2 long range strikes into the Copland Road end net, struck by players playing at left back. The players themselves couldn't be more different.

Goal number 1 is from August 1975 and scored by John Greig. Over 750 games, 120 goals, captain, winner of trebles and a European trophy, and an all time legend.
Goal number 2 is from September 2003 and scored by Paulo Vanoli. At the club just over a season, won nothing, and this was his only Rangers goal (at the right end).

A poll on who was the better Ranger, even Paulo wouldn't vote for himself. But who scored the better goal?

I voted The legend purely on the basis of the balls used in the 70s was heavier and didn't move as much as the more modern day footballs. Both fantastic goals though.

Fortunate enough to have been at both those games and seen both goals live.
Both peaches but Greig for me just because he is John Greig

Remember at the time thinkinh Greig had scored from almost the half way line... its obviously not! You were a long way back at the top if the Derry!

Back