Which goal was better? Johnston v Lafferty

Better goal?

• Johnston

Votes: 96 45.9%
  • Lafferty

Votes: 113 54.1%

• Total voters
I voted Lafferty. I was there that day and it was amazing. My daughter had just been born 3 days earlier and this topped off one of the best weeks of my life

Johnston for me ball dropping standing position very difficult finish. Lafferty good goal but hes running onto it an easier finish than iohnstons for me

I'm going to vote for the winner in one of these polls eventually.

Johnston I'd say. Lafftery set up our day brilliantly, but always felt the killie keeper made an arse of it - very slow on his feet to get back.

Wee Mo’s. What a finish. Remember it as if it was yesterday. Also great to see Hurlock smashing Glasgow’s Bagio bawbag

Imagine the Lafferty of the final few months of a title run, every week!

I loved the big dafty though. The quality throughout that side was brilliant considering the financial troubles about to fall on us.
Guy like Jelavic, Weir, Papac, Naismith etc

Also remember screaming my head off in the early hours of the morning watching that Lafferty lob hit the net in the hotel lobby in Cancun.

As the question is "better goal?" it's surely got to be Johnston? It's not a question of what goal had the bigger effect or the bigger meaning to the game they were scored in. It is (to me anyway) what is the better 1 on a technical level. On that basis, it's the volley that Mojo scored.;)

For me Johnston’s was technically a better strike and him scoring against them was always the ultimate GIRY moment, but for sheer emotion at the time big Lafferty edges it

Lafferty for me, although I'm possibly swayed by the fact I was there and remember the atmosphere, emotion and magnitude of the day.

I was there too. Gives me goosebumps thinking about the electric atmosphere that day. It was just one full release of early tension that the endorphins carried right through the 90.

Said Johnston right away thinking Laffertys wouldn't beat it - but after watching Laff's I think he edges it, especially the pace hes moving at when he lobs it

Johnston by a mile. Better finish, and all the better because he had the balls to do it at their midden considering the abuse he got from the minute he signed. They could win 20 in a row, but Johnston signing and scoring for us still consumes them.

Lafferty for me

got to the boozer, bar was stowed, I was nominated for first round, lifted three pints. Lafferty scores. Three pints are gone. What a day.

Back