Which season do you feel our home top was last the 'correct' shade of blue?

Torque_87

We've had a hell of a lot of kits over the last 150 years, some stunners and some, not so much. But, a small thing that's irritated me in more recent years (possibly now two decades depending on opinion) is the shade of our home tops.

I feel like the last top we had that was as close to what I consider the correct shade of blue is our 2002/2003 kit.

Small thing I know, but I'd love to go close to Royal Blue again next season.

Should have a proper Pantone colour reference for our home strip. The Umbro strips from late 70s to mid 80s are classic Rangers blue as was the Umbro 2012 strip with small Tennents logo under the crest. This season's Castore and the god awful "Blackthorn" Puma efforts are poor.

I’m sure people are letting their opinion on Castore and the supposed yellow badges on this season’s kit cloud their judgement. The shade of blue this year is fine.

I’ve been thinking this for a while. Why are the kit manufacturers not told that home top is to be royal blue, I don’t see how there can be any issues, it is one colour.
Agreed Royal Blue for our team colour that is usually described as 'a vivid deep blue'. Unfortunately there are now 3 pantone colours for Royal blue and only one I would accept and two lighter. On the other hand I've found strips like the Diadora 2002 strip was ok with 2 tones of the blue.

First season hummel done our kits
DhQcv4UXUAENuuE

I’ve been thinking this for a while. Why are the kit manufacturers not told that home top is to be royal blue, I don’t see how there can be any issues, it is one colour.
Maybe something to do with the material they use changing the way it looks in certain light conditions.

We've had a hell of a lot of kits over the last 150 years, some stunners and some, not so much. But, a small thing that's irritated me in more recent years (possibly now two decades depending on opinion) is the shade of our home tops.

I feel like the last top we had that was as close to what I consider the correct shade of blue is our 2002/2003 kit.

1 of our original nicknames is "The Light Blues" for a reason.

I always thought this years home top looked a bit washed out, it looks like the same colour as the umbro white collar Davie Weir kit ( the tailored by umbro one, loved that kit) but that was a cotton like fabric so the colour suited it, this years just looks wrong.

Should have a proper Pantone colour reference for our home strip. The Umbro strips from late 70s to mid 80s are classic Rangers blue as was the Umbro 2012 strip with small Tennents logo under the crest. This season's Castore and the god awful "Blackthorn" Puma efforts are poor.
I’m sure we finalised the shade with Castore along with the redesign of our badge etc. We used it in the 20/21 strip then used a completely different blue this year.

2012/13 Umbro. Last season and first Hummel was good. This season is a slightly odd shade, not a deep or rich enough blue

Back