Votes: 289 88.1%
  • Alex

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Today's poll features 2 cracking strikes at the Rangers end of Parkhead, both in slightly unexpected wins there, and both in August near the start of the season.
Neither player scored all that often but they found the perfect time to find the net.

If you had to choose between them, which was the better goal?

I was there to witness Pedro's and what a goal it was, but I've watched footage of Alex Miller's goal countless times and seeing the whole Rangers end explode when it goes in is amazing.

Parkhead must've been incredible as a Gers supporter in the 70s and early 80s,

I also know what that goal meant to Bears of that era, as we hadn't won in the league there since 1974, despite winning 2 trebles.

Throw in the fact it was a last minute winner too.

I'm voting Alex Miller.

The goal meant much more.

Miller's goal ended a god knows how long drought of wins at the piggery and was relished because of that but Pedro's was a belter. A vote for Pedro.

First win at the piggery in six years. In fact our record there was quite
shocking.

Sept 1968 - Won 4-2
Sept 1974 - Won 2-1
Aug 1980 - Won 2-1
April 1989 - Won 2-1

So that’s just 4 league victories in over 20 years.

Voted for Petro.

Pedro's by a mile. It takes a certain calibre of player to be able to pull that off. You very rarely see a perfectly executed training ground routine but when you do it's special. When it's in an OF game it's even better. The amount of bodies he had to navigate with his shot too and get it tucked right in at the post is excellent.

Miller's was very nice, but Pedro's different gravy. Also the face at 10 seconds knowing what is about to come is superb.

Although Pedros was the better goal, Millers meant much more, a last minute winner at the Rangers end at the Piggery, my auld boy, brother and uncles were there that day, I was a wee bit too young. This was the last time we would win at the Piggery for 9 seasons.

Best strike is Mendes'.

Goal that meant more to the club and support is Miller's given the poor run of results we had at The Chamber of Secrets.

Mendes for me.

That goal is etched forever in my memory as it was the day i picked up my newly born son from the hospital.

First win at the piggery in six years. In fact our record there was quite
shocking.

Sept 1968 - Won 4-2
Sept 1974 - Won 2-1
Aug 1980 - Won 2-1
April 1989 - Won 2-1

So that’s just 4 league victories in over 20 years.

Voted for Petro.

Cheer OAB that is an absolutely appalling record at the piggery, I knew it was poor but that is painful reading :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Pedro’s goal is amazing. Distance, how clean it’s hit, where it ends up in the goal. So good. Miller’s goal is very very good though and 9/10 would end up miles over the bar.

I was there to witness Pedro's and what a goal it was, but I've watched footage of Alex Miller's goal countless times and seeing the whole Rangers end explode when it goes in is amazing.

Parkhead must've been incredible as a Gers supporter in the 70s and early 80s,

I also know what that goal meant to Bears of that era, as we hadn't won in the league there since 1974, despite winning 2 trebles.

Throw in the fact it was a last minute winner too.

I'm voting Alex Miller.

The goal meant much more.
need to be selfish and say Mendes as like yourself I was there

Pedro’s strike was technically perfect.
But as others have laid out, the significance of Miller’s was greater. Plus he was a genuine bear rather than a journeyman and it would have meant a massive amount to him personally. Plus how stupid did it make Provo look.

So I voted Miller.

need to be selfish and say Mendes as like yourself I was there

I know mate and Pedro's is definitely the better strike, but the whole package of what Miller's goal must have meant to Bears at the time, plus the fact it was virtually the last kick of the ball just sways it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know mate and Pedro's is definitely the better strike, but the whole package of what Miller's goal must have meant to Bears at the time, plus the fact it was virtually the last kick of the ball just sways it for me.
True mate, know what a year ago. Blackpool

Watching the Mendes clip, the man handling stewards at the Tramphitheatre goes back a long way doesn't it.
We can't celebrate in front of our own fans in that shit hole, but they can freely goad opposition fans at Ibrox and the piggery.

I was Polmont, Clarkston, Toryglen the lot that day :))

I’ve got photos of me and you soon after up at Aberdeen but I look drunk for some reason

Really??? :))

No doubt I'd be holding you up as usual.

What would you do without your sober pal? ;)

Back