Who do we sell?

DrMantisTobogganMD

It's clear this team has ran its course and we need to sell at least 3-4 players. We wont make enough on selling one player imo. I dont see us selling anyone in this squad for over 10m so its going to take a few sales. Morelos, Kamara and Hagi maybe?

Even though he wasn’t on the pitch tonight, and this is no dig at all as I love him, but I feel like borna should be sold, perhaps selling the two of them might not be wise but I wouldn’t be against selling tav to keep Patterson.

If we can get a nominal fee for Goldson he'd be no1 on my list at the moment. Far too inconsistent this season and has regressed more than any, plus he is holding out for a bumper contract. Go get your 30k a week in the EPL/ECH, Connor.

Next, Barisic. Another shadow (even though not involved tonight).

And Kamara if there is still an 8 figure offer from anywhere. Easily replaceable.

I'd sell Kamara. Great player but we just don't need him. He offers pretty much nothing going forward most of the time and we are not needing to defend. I'd take barasic going but only because we wouldn't be too worse off for him going with Bassey playing well this season. Tav might be another to go because he's already got a replacement who on current form is the better option. Wouldn't be too sad to see the two centrebacks go. It's ridiculous how little teams have to do to score against us. We are gifting teams a headstart in almost every game nowadays. With Kamara being the defensive midfielder and two centrebacks we should find it way easier than we do to win the ball back against one attacker most of the time.

It;s getting too late to wait for the players to hit form again. Too many players are off form far too often in this team. We need to get in players who show more consistency and who are a bit more mentally tough.

Unfortunately, it will almost certainly be Patterson -- the very player that we should be looking to keep.

Although I've always rated Kamara, imo we wouldn't miss him being sold, well not to the same degree as the other ones mentioned.

I'd really hoped for big big money for Kamara, but (Patterson apart) none of those names would attract major bids after their recent fecking inept & lackadaisical performances.

Hagi - far too slow and inconsistent and he has had more than enough chances with us, patience must be wearing thin now with the management team. If we can get a decent offer he should be first man out the door.

I think Roofe as well - he has been horrific in most of the games and spent most of his time on his arse. He has scored a few goals but if he doesn't score then he is pretty much a man down. Could be an option for a Championship side in the window if they just look at his stats.

Hagi

Very good player but his lack of pace is no use for the Scottish game

Would be far better in Italy or Spain

Any of hagi, borna, tav, goldson, morelos for me and a would probably be cutting my losses on the signings we have made last 2 transfer windows as none of them in my opinion are rangers quality

I think we all know it will probably be Patterson. Tbh I wouldn't blame if he is thinking about leaving, barely played, is 20 and would probably start more games in the EPL than he does here. I hope to god he doesn't leave but given he barely plays and is wanted by multiple teams down south, it seems the likely option.

Regardless of what happens this season, I think we will be in transition next season. A lot of players in their last year of contract and then multiple players with 12 months left come the summer. Kent, Aribo and Morelos all have 12 months left come the summer and we can't afford to let them run their contract down like Goldson has.

As much as I've loved the big man, it's probably time for Barisic to move on. Physically he looks a shadow of the player he was. Bassey also seems to be constantly improving.

I just feel like a lot of the squad has gone stale or ran themselves into the ground last season.

It should be noted that despite all our signings these last 3/4 windows our main starting 11 (when fit) is usually about 8/9 players we've had for 2/3 years. We might have improved the overall squad but it really points to poor recruitment in terms of first team quality.

Depends if we win the league or not

The thought of losing that CL money again is keeping me up at night. Will set us back years

There is a massive summer rebuild either way. Without the CL I l dread to think what it will look like playing and staff wise

Have we had concrete interest for anyone other than Patterson recently?

It's easy to just say "sell this guy, sell that guy" but there needs to be willing buyers at a fair price.
Spot on all well speculating about who we can sell but for whatever reasons we aren't getting bids for any of them.

If it was 1 or 2 then Hagi for me and then probably Borna.

The two players I think we should NOT sell are Patterson and Kent.

I think we should listen to offers for anyone else.

But sadly as others mention I think there is a high chance we will sell Patterson when he is the last player we should be selling.

We should sell Tav while we can still get a few quid for him, he is almost 30 his value will just be decreasing quickly with every window. He has reached the age where his pace has started ebbing away so his game will suffer.

BTW, see a good offer for Joe Aribo, I'd be seriously considering it.

No one doubts his ability but we're three seasons in and we're still waiting for him to explode as a player. For a guy his size and with his ability he should be dominating opponents in this league. He has the lot in his locker but rarely hurts teams as much as he should.

Unbelievably Patterson is probably the most valuable asset we have at the moment and he isn’t even getting a game.

Kent also but he’s hardly been brilliant this season albeit playing through injury.

The others we assumed would attract big money offers like Kamara and Morelos have been miles off it and I can’t see us attracting huge amounts for either.

Sorry, mate, you've lost me there
Sell Tav? Really?

He’s probably our best player

People seem to think Patterson is going to be our saviour. The big is young and yes deserves game time but for me he’s not on Tavs level yet

Remove Tav from that team where do the goals come from?

Midfielders Create nothing

• Wow
Reactions: BWO
BTW, see a good offer for Joe Aribo, I'd be seriously considering it.

No one doubts his ability but we're three seasons in and we're still waiting for him to explode as a player. For a guy his size and with his ability he should be dominating opponents in this league. He has the lot in his locker but rarely hurts teams as much as he should.
Agreed. Doesn’t create enough and shoots more often than not like a 10 year old Morris dancer. A passback to the keeper.

Morelos in January. I really hope we get it done and we move on.

He stopped properly leading the line months ago, and for me he isn't deserving of untouchable top billing status any longer.

It's time for a new hero.

Sell Tav? Really?

He’s probably our best player

People seem to think Patterson is going to be our saviour. The big is young and yes deserves game time but for me he’s not on Tavs level yet

Remove Tav from that team where do the goals come from?

Midfielders Create nothing
I've defended Tav for years but I think it's time to move him on.
I get his assists and goals I get that but he's not the same player as last year.
I don't see him motivating the team like last year, he's getting bullied too easily now as well.

Morelos in January. I really hope we get it done and we move on.

He stopped properly leading the line months ago, and for me he isn't deserving of untouchable top billing status any longer.

It's time for a new hero.
He's scored a few times this week.

Reactions: VGM
I've defended Tav for years but I think it's time to move him on.
I get his assists and goals I get that but he's not the same player as last year.
I don't see him motivating the team like last year, he's getting bullied too easily now as well.
I actually agree - Tav has done his bit for Rangers but it is time for him to move on and let someone like Patterson take over. Tav disappears for huge chunks of a season. Also, I don't think he has ever been captain material and that may have an effect as well. I would also suggest Tav is miles from being our best player from previous comment.

I'd happily let Goldson go also. A player I actually think is very good but he has given up from what I can see. More interested in getting out than doing well.

Players we could get good money on are Morelos, Hagi, Kamara and Borna but if no one bids we can't sell and the way they're playing no one will want to splash money on them.

On current form I don’t see many clubs wanting to throw cash at us for any of our players. Barring maybe young Patterson for his potential; an offer he might be tempted by under current circumstances.

Back