• Jack Ross

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • Steve McClaren

Votes: 26 2.0%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 83 6.3%

• Total voters

Calum955

Seen loads of names mentioned and there’s quite clearly not one stand out favourite to take over.

Interesting to see who comes out on top?
I’ve included every potential manager I’ve seen mentioned apart from Walter Smith as he’d probably run away with it and unrealistic he’d come out of retirement.

My preference is Michel Preud’homme.

Edit - Made an arse of it haha, clearly meant Frank De Boer instead of Ronald.

Last edited:
Preud'homme for me but would be happy with GVB or Frank De Boer. The rest I am not overly fussed about.

Firstly, I really don't understand people's fascination with Preud'homme. He must be a hipsters wet dream, but his managerial record isn't glittering.

We need one of two things - either someone with Rangers steeped on their heart. A Smith/Souness type character that all fans can get behind. Or secondly, a big name who has a track record of success.

That for me rules out Warnock, Neilson, etc. I'm not sure who i'd want but the Board better come up with something inspiring.

Poor show OP - one of the supposed leading picks - FdB - not on the list. Personally I think he's out of the running, but so are many of the others in your poll. I wonder how many are voting RdB and thinking its meant to be FdB?

I've gone for Colin Wanker. GvB as first reserve.

Last edited:
Can we add Rafa and AVB just in case? :D

In all honesty Rafa would unit the support but highly unlikely.

AVB is out of work and he would cost us, but we're gonna have to spend decent money to get a good manager or end up with dross.

To be honest I'm totally torn between a FdB/Gio/MPH type and a more pragmatic Clarke or Warnock appointment. I think Steve Clarke would be the one who could come in, get a grip of things, make us hard to beat and get us winning quickest so I went for him. I'll probably change my mind later though!

Warnock for me as well, would love to see him in charge.

Apparently brenda has never managed a team to a win against Warnock.

Warnock for me.Its been quite apparent this week that our team lacks discipline and leadership. I believe Warnock would bring that to an end.

I went for GVB. I know diddly about his managerial style or how things have been going for him recently, but most of the list was nope, nope, nope.....

Between Warnock and McLaren for me personally

I wouldn’t mind Clark either
I think his work at Killie has warranted a serious thought. I know some won’t want him because of allegiances but as long as he wins

It’s Steve Clarke for me. I reckon he would have the lowest risk attached, ie he is proven in this league, knows the game here and wouldn’t cost the Earth, and can work on a budget.

Went for Clarke

He's proved himself in the SPL managing on a budget and can organise a team making them hard to beat

If this season has proved anything it's you can't build a decent team on a shite back line

Warnock, then Clark then FdB/MPH.

If other then I’d go for Marco Silva although I think he’s a bit out of our reach right now.

Back