Who Hates International Football Week?

It does my head in we're on a decent run and this shite breaks it up.Very few of our players are on international duty that's a bonus tho. The the orcs from the far East end, probably be half of their players away I hope they get disrupted with injuries and come back into bad form here's wishing..
What's your views on international break?
Pretty much on a parallel with yours,, fkn detest them

I’d didn’t bother me that much up until it did start bothering me. :D

Can’t actually put a time frame on it, but I’d say the last 15 years or so.

I’m one the guys who used to go to Scotland games until my early thirties (never experienced any of the nonsense that’s usually posted on here btw) but it’s a bit of a come down at the weekends if we’re not playing.

Don’t get me wrong - there are games I’ll look forward to…Italy v England and France v Holland this weekend coming but it’s not the same.

I used to like it when it was just an International fixture on a Wednesday night. Just go back to that and a double fixture at the end of the season.

It does my head in we're on a decent run and this shite breaks it up.Very few of our players are on international duty that's a bonus tho. The the orcs from the far East end, probably be half of their players away I hope they get disrupted with injuries and come back into bad form here's wishing..
I enjoy it, more so this time around because let's face it, there's not much domestically left to play for anyway.

Don’t like it but hoping Scotland get beat as I’ll enjoy the pain of some of the posters on here after the abuse they gave England during the World Cup!

I’d didn’t bother me that much up until it did start bothering me. :D

Can’t actually put a time frame on it, but I’d say the last 15 years or so.

I’m one the guys who used to go to Scotland games until my early thirties (never experienced any of the nonsense that’s usually posted on here btw) but it’s a bit of a come down at the weekends if we’re not playing.

Don’t get me wrong - there are games I’ll look forward to…Italy v England and France v Holland this weekend coming but it’s not the same.
Same mate, stopped going to Hampden once Scottish Football started hating itself to death, made the mistake of taking my son to the game against Ireland back in September, the booing when Jacks name was read out, immediately my boy said to me "f.uck this, Dad".

It's not how it used to be.

Don't even get me started on the ones who dress like extras from Braveheart!

I have no issue with Rangers fans hating watching Scotland etc.
My issue is with the fans who go onto the Scotland match thread on FF and slag Scotland.
Admin should be banning those doing that.
We get it you hate Scotland but don’t bum everyone else out.
A lot of older bears still support Scotland, leave us f.ucking be

It's rubbish . Players you've never heard of in the squad. Players not good enough to get a game for their own club getting a game. Clowns on TV talking shite about shite players. But I suppose getting beat by Cyprus and Spain makes it worthwhile.

My issue is with the fans who go onto the Scotland match thread on FF and slag Scotland.
Younger ones as well.

The World Cup and the Euros are the two tournaments I look forward to watching the most in football, do agree the break during domestic seasons can be frustrating.

Can't see any way round it though, can't have the international tournaments being closed circuits with the same competitors.

Mate, I take all of your points, but see when you are stood at Hampden and the home support is openly booing one of our own, f.uck that shit. It NEVER used to be like that and I'm an older bear too, before you respond.

I won't be back to see them in a hurry. Enjoy the games.

I do hate it but tbh it probably does my blood pressure some good to have a weekend every now and again where i am not stressing about Rangers :))

Week? Try fortnight! It's awful. There has to be a better way to deal with international fixtures than to keep disrupting the domestic game. Do it all in June or have a couple of knockout rounds at the start of each tournament and let every team enter.

I used to like it when it was just an International fixture on a Wednesday night. Just go back to that and a double fixture at the end of the season.
This is pretty much my view, plus, the introduction of the European nations league has made it worse and quite often I've no idea what competition they're playing in when each break comes around.

Me

Wouldn’t open the curtains if they were playing in the back as my old man would say
Murder when no club football is on

Can’t be fucked with it, no interest in the national team.

A bit of a hypocrite though as I love the tournaments in the summer and look forward to them.

Also the only time I’ll support Scotland is if we qualify for something, any other time I couldn’t care less and barely check the score.

The Scottish national team has been a constant source of disappointment since I’ve started watching football over 40 years ago. To add to that nowadays we have a national manager that can’t stand Rangers and a tartan army that boo our players, so it’s difficult to get excited about Scotland. I prefer to see them win and I suppose I always will but i don’t look forward to any matches. The international break is necessary obviously but I’d much rather continue with Rangers winning and improving each week without this break.

Why though? It's a Rangers forum, not a Scotland one. Should folk be banned for going on a Chelsea v Liverpool or Real Madrid v Barcelona thread and slagging those teams off?

They usually come at the worst time for us, just when we are hitting form etc
Then you can be assured someone will get a knock or niggle (hopefully not Jack this time)
I have no interest in international football myself.

International football, outwith the major tourneys (mostly) is absolutely dire.

Boring, empty, souless.

Actually don't mind it, not that I'm fussed about internationals, but just don't have to stress about rangers getting beat :)

Still look forward to international fixtures, haven’t been put off supporting Scotland yet and suspect I never will be.

I don’t like international week, it’s even worse when you’re actually going to the game. My 8 year old daughter begged us to take her to the Scotland game because her friend from school is going.

The good thing is she’s shown no interest in football previously so I’ve now got something to work with :))

The added bonus is she has a short attention span so no way we’ll have to stay for anywhere near 90 minutes.

I enjoy the WC and the Euro finals especially when they are played in the summer as they should be. Also you don't usually have the distraction of Scotland playing. The qualifiers are tediously boring and largely predictable and interfere with the flow of domestic Club football.

Reactions: TN8
Good chance to go and watch another lower league game at least. Caught Stranraer game last weekend. Think the lads want to do Stenhousemuir this Saturday

Back