Who were the three teams who wouldnt meet with us??

A disgrace that the governing bodies seem to have simply ignored the proposals, they reall are a national disgrace.

I try to listen to these types of discussions and take my Rangers hat off and attempt to understand why there would be an objection to this from a wider Scottish Football perspective? I clearly will never be impartial. All 3 guys are saying, look this might not be ideal for everyone and yes it benefits us, of course it does but it also benefits others. We are willing to listen to other options but the point is, there is absolutely nothing being put forward and it needs to be discussed. That is the duty of Scottish Football leaders.

I sent it to a mate who is not a Rangers fan in any way and asked him to have a watch, ignore the Rangers badge etc and listen to what the model suggestion is and I would like his thoughts.
The answer I got pretty much gave me the reasons on why nothing progressive every happens in our game. Dismissed the idea of colts teams as he had preconceived ideas before watching and couldn't see past it was Rangers.

Very disheartening

Last edited:
My guess would alloa, Brechin and Dunfermline. We have a sh1te relationship with all of them going back to last year but some going back years and all 3 were all represented on the governing boards until very recently. We all know these blazers don’t like being told what to do or for that matter do anything off their own back

If they were, we'd have had colts in the league years ago.
You used to work for the Daily Record did you not? Did you miss the exclusive stories your paper ran with Stewart Gilmour and Milne from Aberdeen both stating Peter Lawell runs the SFA and by extension the Scottish game. It’s pretty blatant the club who hold the power if you see see how the big issues are dealt with now and have been dealt with in the last decade.

Celtic for all their apparent support havent even made one comment about colts team which tells me it’s far from their priority (certainly not as much a priority to Celtic as rousing speeches to member clubs on the eve of a vote to approve member led internal investigations)

Lack of leadership, governance, innovation from the spfl, Sfa . Yet still last summer the clubs backed these charlatans, Scottish football will never improve with these clowns in charge.

Interesting that SR says the proposal was approved by the SPFL Board. So why not issue to the SPFL clubs? Presumably they weaselled out by saying it depends on the SFA Board approval.

Back