Who will be the first team to take a real hiding from Rangers in the Beale era?

AndythephotoDr

Every time I see us play in bits of the game and the players we have signed along with the guys returning to fitness I think it must be sometime soon somebody takes a real hammering from us given the way we play.

You just know the day it all clicks together we are probably the best team in the league with the brand of football we are trying to play.

I’m really hoping we are keeping our powder dry for the next time we face Celtic as I think if we rally humble them in a game potentially their arses will collapse. Not sure how they will cope with a bit of pressure and expectation from their fans. You can see Beale has got to big ange and probably has his cards marked.

I know this sounds an overly positive post it’s just earlier I was thinking just how much I’m looking forward to see what impact Cantwell and Raskin are going to have once they get to know their team mates and managers tactics better.

I thought after the Hearts performance we would've given Ross County a bit of a doing but unfortunately we didn't follow on from last Wednesday.
Someone will cop one though.

It was no surprise that when we started at pace and repeatedly put the ball behind the Hearts defence for our forwards to chase that we battered them. Hearts, like everyone else in the SPFL, are so used to us trying to slowly walk the ball into the net. They didn't know how to handle us at Tynecastle. More of that please, Rangers. !

Whoever it is it won’t be this season in the league - this squad are really sloppy & wasteful in and around opposition boxes. Saturday first half was a case in point where Tav, Alfie & Cantwell put relatively easy chances all over the bar. We are not clinical enough.

Am happy with the fact we’ve started winning again.

It was no surprise that when we started at pace and repeatedly put the ball behind the Hearts defence for our forwards to chase that we battered them. Hearts, like everyone else in the SPFL, are so used to us trying to slowly walk the ball into the net. They didn't know how to handle us at Tynecastle. More of that please, Rangers. !
Hearts obviously fancied their chances at home and were very open as a result. That has always played into our hands and they paid the price for it.

The real trick is games like Saturday’s where the opponents are only interested in keeping the scoreline respectable so pull everyone behind the ball looking to frustrate.

After five years in Scotland Beale has still to work out a more effective way of combating those tactics.

Hopefully guys like Cantwell and Raskin will help.

Hearts have already claimed that I think.

It was one of the most one sided games of football I’ve ever seen.
Beat me to it - can't remember us being so dominant at Tynecastle before. 5-0 / 6-0 would have been a fair scoreline.

Was more to do with them not sitting in

The way we played against Hearts should really of ended up at least 5/6.
But like everyone else i would love to give these cnuts a real going over in the final.

Let's hope whenever/whoever it is , it becomes a regular occurrence ,as we still cannot seem to be able to stop giving away cheap goals(although having a Goldson/Davies partnership developing is looking better)

I'd love us to lay a marker down in the cup final, obviously. Perfect opportunity for it.

Also, I'd love for 'Big Ange' to be added to the swear filter on here. Fed up hearing the slovenly turd referred to in such an amicable way. Reminds me of 'Wee Gordon'; another adopted yahoo who hated our guts.
Agree, and it should be changed to 'Fat Gravy Drinker'

Thinking back to the last OF game, wee Alf missed two free headers and we missed another sitter i.e. Tilman. So a big win in the LCF is not unfeasible.

Karma would see us shut their arrogance up and stick a few by them in the final. We seem to be improving defensively but we know what they are like with the little diving cheat bouncing about up front.

Thinking back to the last OF game, wee Alf missed two free headers and we missed another sitter i.e. Tilman. So a big win in the LCF is not unfeasible.
they were poor that day ,but got away with a draw, chances are they will be better next time so we really need to get smarter in front of goal

Hearts obviously fancied their chances at home and were very open as a result. That has always played into our hands and they paid the price for it.

The real trick is games like Saturday’s where the opponents are only interested in keeping the scoreline respectable so pull everyone behind the ball looking to frustrate.

After five years in Scotland Beale has still to work out a more effective way of combating those tactics.

Hopefully guys like Cantwell and Raskin will help.
So how come the flange had it sussed early doors?

I don’t actually think we look like giving anyone a good hiding in the league at the moment.

Overplay far too much in and around the box, which Beale rightly criticised at the weekend.

We’ve played 25 league games & scored a mere 35 goals, the only “hiding” that suggests is something our forwards have been doing…

Wasn’t a major humping for me. Could easily have been 5 or 6 but it wasn’t. And sort of underlines Beale’s point from the weekend.

I mean that level of result a 5 or 6 nil.
Yeah it’s the one thing we need back.

Celtic routinely smash 4 or more without reply against the dross. We need to get that

Possession stats are a flawed indicator of dominance. Bear in mind also that the previous visit was 11 v 10 for the majority of the game.

Regardless of the sending off, what other stat would indicate it had been a more dominant performance than the 4-0 victory there earlier in the season.

Wasn’t a major humping for me. Could easily have been 5 or 6 but it wasn’t. And sort of underlines Beale’s point from the weekend.

I mean that level of result a 5 or 6 nil.

Tynecastle was a hammering and it could easily have been 6 or 7, but for some very close offside calls, and wonder saves from their GK. They came out to play football and we annihilated them.

Those stating Beale needs to work out how to break down the dross appear to be forgetting that when he and Gerrard left, Rangers were champions by 20+ points, in an unbeaten league campaign + they were top of the league.
He knows what is needed, and he's just bought 2 players to help get the job done.

Reactions: Ter
I don't know why posters are saying Hearts our record with Gio was 17-1 Hearts have been getting a doing for us now regularly.
I still think we need Colak back scoring that's where the goals are coming from and we need another striker in the summer to replace Morelos as he misses far too many chances.

The way we played on Saturday it’ll be a long time coming seem to be having too many days like last Saturday for my liking maybe we just can’t get up for run of the mill games against a bunch of cloggers and a extremely biased ref.

Until we have a striker scoring with the changes created we will not beat any team by more than 3 or 4 goals. Just not good enough yet to thrash anybody in the league

Whoever it is it won’t be this season in the league - this squad are really sloppy & wasteful in and around opposition boxes. Saturday first half was a case in point where Tav, Alfie & Cantwell put relatively easy chances all over the bar. We are not clinical enough.

Am happy with the fact we’ve started winning again.
My biggest gripe in football is how often professional footballers blast the ball over the bar. When will they learn that you can't score that way!!

Back